Page 42 of 123 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No live shows in immediate future but TWO new NIN albums in 2017 is the plan.

Amazeballs.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    Two large NIN records in 2017!
    i can't stop screaming. We are on the best timeline. Praise be to based Trent Reznor.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Zane/Trent/Atticus talking about NTAE:

Talking about how technology changing music and how Trent resisted iPods. Had to take one on tour to fall in love. Changed how he listened to music. "Physical media is dead." Sad to watch the devaluation of music in the process, it's in the background of other screens now. Bits on Apple Music. This record is for sale and not exclusive anywhere, selling it as vinyl which is tactile and experiential. You see it when you walk past it. Cryptic about the "physical component" and it's the premium experience. He's super into the vinyl lately. Loves not skipping songs, loves flipping, loves that it stays on if the phone rings, etc. Goes into how he hated Remain in Light but he forced himself to get into it because he couldn't afford more records, so he's glad he invested because it's so important to him now. Not lamenting new technology.

Setting up the new EP: Not contrived. Moment of excitement and honesty. Atticus loves albums made in isolation. They isolated themselves from other music when making the EP. Took "several weeks... or months".

TWO NEW MAJOR NIN WORKS IN THE NEXT YEAR!!!

No touring plans next year but they're discussing it... Atticus' involvement isn't a slight to the other guys, they're just not sitting next to him a year at a time.

Playing the new EP...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    Two large NIN records in 2017!
    Wut? Not listening to Zane, so not sure if serious....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Is Coming View Post

Amazeballs.
    PROJECTS!!! NOT ALBUMS!!! I think that phrasing was VERY deliberate.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Is Coming View Post

Amazeballs.
    Well then! So as I suspected, it *does* seem like this EP was hinting at much more for 2017 :-D

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    All those photos of Trent wearing Beats by Dre headphones. They need to play Even Deeper.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Wut? Not listening to Zane, so not sure if serious....
    I'm listening as well. 2 large pieces under the NIN umbrella is in the plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkicouldburn View Post
    two large nin records in 2017!
    merry christmas indeed!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Looks like another version of the artwork

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Seriously ? http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...nam-War-(2017)

That project we got the full tracklist, official statement, from several ppl involved
    Sorry I haven't read every single thread. :-D Thanks for the link! Curious if this is even what he was discussing since I'm sure he knows word of it has leaked. Then again, if he has two NIN Projects and this going on next year, that's probably it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wait did he say two NIN albums or NIN projects?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I'm listening as well. 2 large pieces under the NIN umbrella is in the plan.
    New nin lp and fight club musical. He didn't say so, but makes the most sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Funny, right before he mentioned 2017 NIN he said something like, let's see what quote I'll have to live up to in 2017.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Listening for first time on Beats1 , it seems like this is very headphone / layered friendly is this true if anyone can confirm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gosh, the gritty noise is everything I wanted and more. I woke up one happy person this morning. My 4th time jamming out to it!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Wait did he say two NIN albums or NIN projects?
    He said PROJECTS. The word album was never used, nor do I think (though I can't guarantee) was the word "large".

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    New nin lp and fight club musical. He didn't say so, but makes the most sense.
    Really? The Fight Club musical? That is what makes the most sense to you? Some random, abandoned project that hasn't been mentioned in a year and a half?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN STILL
    AN•. AL• TH•T COU•• ••VE •EEN ST•••

If there were only just an extra 'T' The title would fit into AATCHB STILL. But damn that's pretty close lol. I tried.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    i can't stop screaming. We are on the best timeline. Praise be to based Trent Reznor.
    I wanted to quote one of your posts earlier today but couldn't, but I wanted to let you know that I'm am quite enjoying watching you lose your shit to this EP. You've been such a curmudgeon the last few years and down on NIN, and to see you get your pants blown off by the EP, do a complete 180, and gain your faith back in Trent, it's been really enjoyable for me. You've been waiting so long for Trent to give you something you like and you finally got it and you're losing your shit and it's fucking great. You being happy makes me happy.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    Sorry I haven't read every single thread. :-D Thanks for the link! Curious if this is even what he was discussing since I'm sure he knows word of it has leaked. Then again, if he has two NIN Projects and this going on next year, that's probably it.
    Oh yeah he knows because they corrected THAT playlist only.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Not sure what's happening with nouns this NIN era. Buy music. Get a CD? Nope, a "physical component". New NIN in 2017? Yes, but they're not albums, they're "projects". Very interesting.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by high def ultra-realism View Post

Looks like another version of the artwork
    No,for me it's artworkn°5 already in this topic and ninwiki

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    I wanted to quote one of your posts earlier today but couldn't, but I wanted to let you know that I'm am quite enjoying watching you lose your shit to this EP. You've been such a curmudgeon the last few years and down on NIN, and to see you get your pants blown off by the EP, do a complete 180, and gain your faith back in Trent, it's been really enjoyable for me. You've been waiting so long for Trent to give you something you like and you finally got it and you're losing your shit and it's fucking great. You being happy makes me happy.

Im so happy too. IM SO HAPPY. I mean fuck, bill messaged me on here and he's over the moon about the EP too. EVERYTHING IS GOOD AND EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL AND PROLIFIC AND NOISY AND DISRESPECTFUL AND THOUGHTFUL AND CARELESS AND CAREFUL.

Honestly, I haven't been this excited and happy about a release since the ARG. Everything about this release is so raw, sarcastic and FUN.

If you're reading this Trent, THANK YOU.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Really? The Fight Club musical? That is what makes the most sense to you? Some random, abandoned project that hasn't been mentioned in a year and a half?
    Who said it was abandoned?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    No,for me it's artworkn°5 already in this topic and ninwiki
    Sorry, Didn't noticed. Thanks for the heads up

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Im so happy too. IM SO HAPPY. I mean fuck, bill messaged me on here and he's over the moon about the EP too. EVERYTHING IS GOOD AND EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL AND PROLIFIC AND NOISY AND DISRESPECTFUL AND THOUGHTFUL AND CARELESS AND CAREFUL.

Honestly, I haven't been this excited and happy about a release since the ARG. Everything about this release is so raw, sarcastic and FUN.

If you're reading this Trent, THANK YOU.
    This 100%. Can't wait to see this field on fire burn its way through 2017 :-D

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Not sure what's happening with nouns this NIN era. Buy music. Get a CD? Nope, a "physical component". New NIN in 2017? Yes, but they're not albums, they're "projects". Very interesting.
    To be fair, I think "projects" is specifically to avoid saying two albums. I bet one if a new album and the other is the long gestating greatest hits or some sort of live release, perhaps even the, just talking about the remaster series which they've not mentioned once in the interview. I think 2008 was the only year we'll ever get two NIN albums.

RE: The "physical component," CDs are deader than dead, get used to it.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The physical component is a brick you can scrape against your face or smash against hard surfaces.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    The physical component is a brick you can scrape against your face or smash against hard surfaces.
    Hard surfaces like all of my useless old CDs? :-D