Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 3765

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    @ROFLRICK I’m highly doubting 2 CD versions. Both my copies have a red booklet too. Just like the vinyl, this should be visible from the side on the CD as well.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    @ROFLRICK I’m highly doubting 2 CD versions. Both my copies have a red booklet too. Just like the vinyl, this should be visible from the side on the CD as well.
    the digipack is sealed up too tightly to actually see into the section where the booklet is housed, so i don't think it'll be as easy to tell with the CDs as it was the vinyl.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the digipack is sealed up too tightly to actually see into the section where the booklet is housed, so i don't think it'll be as easy to tell with the CDs as it was the vinyl.
    Maybe not quite as easy, but mine has a definitive red stripe:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Gently tap your cd on a flat surface a few times and it'll slide down into a position where you can see it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Is the title "Branches/Bones" referring to the Golden ratio as observed in nature? Nice coincidence otherwise.

Adolf Zeising, whose main interests were mathematics and philosophy, found the golden ratio expressed in the arrangement of parts such as leaves and branches along the stems of plants and of veins in leaves. He extended his research to the skeletons of animals and the branchings of their veins and nerves, to the proportions of chemical compounds and the geometry of crystals, even to the use of proportion in artistic endeavors. In these patterns in nature he saw the golden ratio operating as a universal law.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Call me crazy, but for some reason I just can't put my finger on, I think, maybe, that Trent came out ahead here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ZbXHmI/pubhtml

This is my attempt at collecting some of the references. I know the NIN Wiki has some relationships between lyrics, but I was just trying to capture them. Feel free to comment or email me if you have any changes. I didn't do Idea of You or anything off of Add Violence yet.
    Sorry for the long URL.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Hmmmm.....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruct26 View Post
    Hmmmm.....
    Possible. Bit of a stretch, though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Possible. Bit of a stretch, though.
    Yeah- but it still looks cool lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    can anyone provide me a good scan of the download card (front / back) that came with the vinyl. You can blur out the code. I am updating the nincatalog site and I am in need of a good scan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Somewhere deep in this thread the topic of the recycled Still artwork was discussed. I believe someone quoted John Crawford as saying "it will all make sense later."
    Being that the artwork has officially changed (see ninwiki and physical formats), I'm wondering if the original Still artwork has been explained at all? I expected clarity after the 3rd EP's release but I'm now thinking it was just swept under the rug in hopes that we'll all forget. I would love the artwork to connect all three EP's somehow (more than just the scratch marks) and I feel it's a large ball dropped if they don't.
    Last edited by Jordan; 12-06-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Somewhere deep in this thread the topic of the recycled Still artwork was discussed. I believe someone quoted John Crawford as saying "it will all make sense later."
    Being that the artwork has officially changed (see ninwiki and physical formats), I'm wondering if the original Still artwork has been explained at all? I expected clarity after the 3rd EP's release but I'm now thinking it was just swept under the rug in hopes that we'll all forget. I would love the artwork to connect all three EP's somehow and feel it's a large ball dropped if they don't.
    Well, at the Wreckless Records Q&A in Chicago right before Riot fest, it was confirmed from TR that Still would get a Vinyl release. Maybe that is the connection.
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 12-07-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    On vinyl, it really looks like a photocopy of a photocopy of the And All That Could Have Been/Still artwork, particularly with the shedding ink etc. I'm pretty sure that the idea was to invoke that era (The Fragile and subsequent tour where TR was losing his mind) and explore that emotional territory updated for 2016/2017 through a different lens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Order NTAE CD from Amazon US. It appears to be EU version. Does anyone know where this US version is being sold? Thanks.
    https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...273?ev=item-vc