Page 126 of 127 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 3781

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    @ROFLRICK I’m highly doubting 2 CD versions. Both my copies have a red booklet too. Just like the vinyl, this should be visible from the side on the CD as well.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    @ROFLRICK I’m highly doubting 2 CD versions. Both my copies have a red booklet too. Just like the vinyl, this should be visible from the side on the CD as well.
    the digipack is sealed up too tightly to actually see into the section where the booklet is housed, so i don't think it'll be as easy to tell with the CDs as it was the vinyl.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the digipack is sealed up too tightly to actually see into the section where the booklet is housed, so i don't think it'll be as easy to tell with the CDs as it was the vinyl.
    Maybe not quite as easy, but mine has a definitive red stripe:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Gently tap your cd on a flat surface a few times and it'll slide down into a position where you can see it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Is the title "Branches/Bones" referring to the Golden ratio as observed in nature? Nice coincidence otherwise.

Adolf Zeising, whose main interests were mathematics and philosophy, found the golden ratio expressed in the arrangement of parts such as leaves and branches along the stems of plants and of veins in leaves. He extended his research to the skeletons of animals and the branchings of their veins and nerves, to the proportions of chemical compounds and the geometry of crystals, even to the use of proportion in artistic endeavors. In these patterns in nature he saw the golden ratio operating as a universal law.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Call me crazy, but for some reason I just can't put my finger on, I think, maybe, that Trent came out ahead here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ZbXHmI/pubhtml

This is my attempt at collecting some of the references. I know the NIN Wiki has some relationships between lyrics, but I was just trying to capture them. Feel free to comment or email me if you have any changes. I didn't do Idea of You or anything off of Add Violence yet.
    Sorry for the long URL.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Hmmmm.....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruct26 View Post
    Hmmmm.....
    Possible. Bit of a stretch, though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Possible. Bit of a stretch, though.
    Yeah- but it still looks cool lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    can anyone provide me a good scan of the download card (front / back) that came with the vinyl. You can blur out the code. I am updating the nincatalog site and I am in need of a good scan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Somewhere deep in this thread the topic of the recycled Still artwork was discussed. I believe someone quoted John Crawford as saying "it will all make sense later."
    Being that the artwork has officially changed (see ninwiki and physical formats), I'm wondering if the original Still artwork has been explained at all? I expected clarity after the 3rd EP's release but I'm now thinking it was just swept under the rug in hopes that we'll all forget. I would love the artwork to connect all three EP's somehow (more than just the scratch marks) and I feel it's a large ball dropped if they don't.
    Last edited by Jordan; 12-06-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Somewhere deep in this thread the topic of the recycled Still artwork was discussed. I believe someone quoted John Crawford as saying "it will all make sense later."
    Being that the artwork has officially changed (see ninwiki and physical formats), I'm wondering if the original Still artwork has been explained at all? I expected clarity after the 3rd EP's release but I'm now thinking it was just swept under the rug in hopes that we'll all forget. I would love the artwork to connect all three EP's somehow and feel it's a large ball dropped if they don't.
    Well, at the Wreckless Records Q&A in Chicago right before Riot fest, it was confirmed from TR that Still would get a Vinyl release. Maybe that is the connection.
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 12-07-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    On vinyl, it really looks like a photocopy of a photocopy of the And All That Could Have Been/Still artwork, particularly with the shedding ink etc. I'm pretty sure that the idea was to invoke that era (The Fragile and subsequent tour where TR was losing his mind) and explore that emotional territory updated for 2016/2017 through a different lens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Order NTAE CD from Amazon US. It appears to be EU version. Does anyone know where this US version is being sold? Thanks.
    https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...273?ev=item-vc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duct View Post
    Order NTAE CD from Amazon US. It appears to be EU version. Does anyone know where this US version is being sold? Thanks.
    https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...273?ev=item-vc
    Is there a US version? I was able to pick up a copy at Barnes & Noble in Thousand Oaks, CA. Not sure if it was the EU version, however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLRICK View Post
    Is there a US version? I was able to pick up a copy at Barnes & Noble in Thousand Oaks, CA. Not sure if it was the EU version, however.
    It appears so according to Discogs but strange that US Amazon is only selling the import. EU version says "MADE IN THE EU. BIEM SDRM" on the front sticker. US version says "MANUFACTURED AND DISTRIBUTED BY UNIVERSAL MUSIC ENTERPRISES, A DIVISION OF UMG RECORDINGS, INC." and has US FBI warning sticker on the back.

I'm sure the actual product is the same but just of concern to collectors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It appears so according to Discogs but strange that US Amazon is only selling the import. EU version says "MADE IN THE EU. BIEM SDRM" on the front sticker. US version says "MANUFACTURED AND DISTRIBUTED BY UNIVERSAL MUSIC ENTERPRISES, A DIVISION OF UMG RECORDINGS, INC." and has US FBI warning sticker on the back.

I'm sure the actual product is the same but just of concern to collectors.
    Sorry, nevermind...My CD's just came in the mail and they are the US versions (not imports as listed).

Really nice package. So bizarre the quality of this CD release. The materials are way nicer than the The Slip or even Hesitation Marks for that matter. It even has a clear UV text effect on the lyrics in the booklet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry, nevermind...My CD's just came in the mail and they are the US versions (not imports as listed).

Really nice package. So bizarre the quality of this CD release. The materials are way nicer than the The Slip or even Hesitation Marks for that matter. It even has a clear UV text effect on the lyrics in the booklet.
    It's one of my favorite CD releases in a long while. Speaking to the quality of the packaging, it's just the LP sleeve butchered. Same paper stock for the CD outer, as well as the booklet. You can lay any part of the CD over a corresponding part of the LP, and they line up perfectly.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It's one of my favorite CD releases in a long while. Speaking to the quality of the packaging, it's just the LP sleeve butchered. Same paper stock for the CD outer, as well as the booklet. You can lay any part of the CD over a corresponding part of the LP, and they line up perfectly.
    Yeah, but...totally fuck CDs, right guys?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh ok good to know. I haven't picked up the LP yet. So the LP print materials are just as nice I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I hear ya. For the nin collection, I will buy CDs as long as they are made available. The CD was always the primary halo in the past. It even bothered me when the home videos were given halos instead of something else because they don't sit right with the rest of halos in the collection.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Yeah, but...totally fuck CDs, right guys?
    Yes. Fuck them.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    streaming is already on its way out..at least among hardcore music lovers....heed my words...CDs will be making a big comeback in the next 5 years or so....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    streaming is already on its way out..at least among hardcore music lovers....heed my words...CDs will be making a big comeback in the next 5 years or so....
    And what exactly will these CDs be played on. PS4 doesn't support the format. Xbox One has very weak support (no gapless cds). The loudness wars have killed any sense of dynamic range for the average listener. You're probably just joking. But man I do miss me a good CD with some Dolby surround encoding.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    And what exactly will these CDs be played on. PS4 doesn't support the format. Xbox One has very weak support (no gapless cds). The loudness wars have killed any sense of dynamic range for the average listener. You're probably just joking. But man I do miss me a good CD with some Dolby surround encoding.
    Good old fashioned stereo systems...Then theres this...Apple planning on terminating music downloads by 2019

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/201...sic-downloads/

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    While I doubt the credibility of an article citing "anonymous sources", I think that transitioning out of downloads would be wise. Streaming is king now. It is no longer necessary to waste precious phone storage space on songs when they are available at all times for most people. I have a few "offline albums" available on my Tidal account, which is basically just a fancy way of saying downloaded to listen to on the train where streaming isn't available

I understand wanting the CDs from a collection angle, but I don't think that I've owned anything capable of playing CDs in well over five years.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Most cars still come with CD players, and a lot of households still have a DVD or BRD or HDR player or game console. A lot more than turntables to play vinyl anyways.

Just me that I can speak for, but I still try to buy a CD and load it onto iTunes then put it on my phone. Storage isn’t an issue for people that want their favorite music on a storeage device IMHO. Now, for looking into new music or bands or whatnot? Streaming is definitely the way to go.

If there’s a market for it and it makes business sense it’ll still be there. If not, so be it. Only reason vinyl is around is because people are willing to pay absurd money for it right now.

I still love CD’s and the sound of them, hope they don’t go away. I’ve got a home theatre set up and honestly don’t even know if you can stream 5.1/7.2/etc (I never saw it as an option). I rely on the hardware and don’t mind it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone compiled The Downward Spiral and The Fragile etc... references on this EP anywhere in this thread? THANKS!