Page 122 of 123 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,660 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLRICK View Post
    It's one of my favorite CD releases in a long while. Speaking to the quality of the packaging, it's just the LP sleeve butchered. Same paper stock for the CD outer, as well as the booklet. You can lay any part of the CD over a corresponding part of the LP, and they line up perfectly.
    Yeah, but...totally fuck CDs, right guys?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLRICK View Post
    It's one of my favorite CD releases in a long while. Speaking to the quality of the packaging, it's just the LP sleeve butchered. Same paper stock for the CD outer, as well as the booklet. You can lay any part of the CD over a corresponding part of the LP, and they line up perfectly.

Oh ok good to know. I haven't picked up the LP yet. So the LP print materials are just as nice I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I hear ya. For the nin collection, I will buy CDs as long as they are made available. The CD was always the primary halo in the past. It even bothered me when the home videos were given halos instead of something else because they don't sit right with the rest of halos in the collection.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Yeah, but...totally fuck CDs, right guys?
    Yes. Fuck them.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    streaming is already on its way out..at least among hardcore music lovers....heed my words...CDs will be making a big comeback in the next 5 years or so....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    streaming is already on its way out..at least among hardcore music lovers....heed my words...CDs will be making a big comeback in the next 5 years or so....
    And what exactly will these CDs be played on. PS4 doesn't support the format. Xbox One has very weak support (no gapless cds). The loudness wars have killed any sense of dynamic range for the average listener. You're probably just joking. But man I do miss me a good CD with some Dolby surround encoding.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    And what exactly will these CDs be played on. PS4 doesn't support the format. Xbox One has very weak support (no gapless cds). The loudness wars have killed any sense of dynamic range for the average listener. You're probably just joking. But man I do miss me a good CD with some Dolby surround encoding.
    Good old fashioned stereo systems...Then theres this...Apple planning on terminating music downloads by 2019

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/201...sic-downloads/

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    While I doubt the credibility of an article citing "anonymous sources", I think that transitioning out of downloads would be wise. Streaming is king now. It is no longer necessary to waste precious phone storage space on songs when they are available at all times for most people. I have a few "offline albums" available on my Tidal account, which is basically just a fancy way of saying downloaded to listen to on the train where streaming isn't available

I understand wanting the CDs from a collection angle, but I don't think that I've owned anything capable of playing CDs in well over five years.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Most cars still come with CD players, and a lot of households still have a DVD or BRD or HDR player or game console. A lot more than turntables to play vinyl anyways.

Just me that I can speak for, but I still try to buy a CD and load it onto iTunes then put it on my phone. Storage isn’t an issue for people that want their favorite music on a storeage device IMHO. Now, for looking into new music or bands or whatnot? Streaming is definitely the way to go.

If there’s a market for it and it makes business sense it’ll still be there. If not, so be it. Only reason vinyl is around is because people are willing to pay absurd money for it right now.

I still love CD’s and the sound of them, hope they don’t go away. I’ve got a home theatre set up and honestly don’t even know if you can stream 5.1/7.2/etc (I never saw it as an option). I rely on the hardware and don’t mind it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone compiled The Downward Spiral and The Fragile etc... references on this EP anywhere in this thread? THANKS!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    it occurred to me the other day that the drums in "she's gone away" sound like slowed-down samples of the drum hits from "eraser"

unlikely but possible, maybe they just wanted them to sound similar. the timbre is very close in my brain.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Melon ranks NTAE as his number 3 EP of 2017.....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    wait NTAE is year old now. What.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hour and a half from NTAE's first anniverasry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe it has already been discussed, but I found that on each side of the sleeve their is kind of ereased text.
    It's probably nothing but something I want to believe in... however I can read T / E / h / C / kind of A or R.
    Maybe we could try to mix it, with the one on the other side that I didn't manage to take a picture of.

Probably nothing but my imagination... but....

Last edited by blitzkrieg; 02-25-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A thought just occurred to me, and I don't see the answer without giving hours trawling through old threads, but has anybody tried blowing up the acetate from the physical component with an old overhead projector? I doubt there is anything there but I don't see anywhere that it has been done either. I don't have access to one.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I was trying to separate the verse from Dear World and I realized that "who are you?" actually makes it through both channels. Anybody with better speakers/headphones wanna give it a listen and confirm if that's the only lyric that plays through both channels?

Last edited by Harry Seaward; 05-19-2018 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Fixed image with BRoswell's addition

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    "There is an answer in you" seems to be in both channels as well.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    "There is an answer in you" seems to be in both channels as well.
    Huh, not sure how I missed that one. Thanks!

I think this track is the coolest shit so I was just doing this for fun and don't have any crazy ARG theories about why those lyrics overlap or anything. I would assume it's meant to signify the sentiments the dueling narrator(s) happen to feel simultaneously.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I would assume it's meant to signify the sentiments the dueling narrator(s) happen to feel simultaneously.
    One becoming aware of the other without understanding them, perhaps.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    (Also $12 for 5 songs seems a bit steep.)
    lol STFU dumbass, this was worth 10x what you paid.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I forgot I actually came to this thread for a reason. So did every copy of NTAE from nin.com come with artwork #3/#5? I ordered mine from nin.com almost instantly upon coming available (which is why I was checking this thread, to see how long after it being unveiled I made my order - I actually forgot I made this thread. 1 minute after I made my order lol.) and I'm realizing now that I... mayyy have never actually downloaded my own FLAC files lol.

I remember it being released a day early because Deviations had delays or some such. And I definitely recall stressing out trying to get a link because, despite ordering so quickly, mine was not active yet. My download link is dead but it's entirely possible I've downloaded it since 3 times since then. Either way, the reason I'm here is because whether my files or somebody else's, I don't recall any of them ever being tagged with the Still type art. Am I smoking crack? Can anybody else who ordered very soon after availability speak to this?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I forgot I actually came to this thread for a reason. So did every copy of NTAE from nin.com come with artwork #3/#5? I ordered mine from nin.com almost instantly upon coming available (which is why I was checking this thread, to see how long after it being unveiled I made my order - I actually forgot I made this thread. 1 minute after I made my order lol.) and I'm realizing now that I... mayyy have never actually downloaded my own FLAC files lol.

I remember it being released a day early because Deviations had delays or some such. And I definitely recall stressing out trying to get a link because, despite ordering so quickly, mine was not active yet. My download link is dead but it's entirely possible I've downloaded it since 3 times since then. Either way, the reason I'm here is because whether my files or somebody else's, I don't recall any of them ever being tagged with the Still type art. Am I smoking crack? Can anybody else who ordered very soon after availability speak to this?
    Mine were the still art. I changed it to the black version .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mine were also the Still-type artwork (#3, specifically) and I changed them to the main white one used on the nin.com (and ninwiki.com) discography page. So what did they "correct" in the "corrected early 2017 digital files" that used the #5 artwork? Have I been listening to a version with an error in it for a year and a half?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Mine were also the Still-type artwork (#3, specifically) and I changed them to the main white one used on the nin.com (and ninwiki.com) discography page. So what did they "correct" in the "corrected early 2017 digital files" that used the #5 artwork? Have I been listening to a version with an error in it for a year and a half?
    I think it just means they corrected the album art to the different photograph of the sea taken the same time as the original Still art.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The cropping of the album art is slightly different from the initial release, for some reason.

I was thinking about the Still artwork being used for NTAE recently (I posted about it somewhere, maybe Random NIN Thoughts?) because it was never definitively stated why he went back to that art for the EP. And now, after the interview on nin.com, we know the answer: it was just a roast on the fans to get them to look for shit that wasn't actually there. Incredible.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Not The Actual Events

Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    The cropping of the album art is slightly different from the initial release, for some reason.

I was thinking about the Still artwork being used for NTAE recently (I posted about it somewhere, maybe Random NIN Thoughts?) because it was never definitively stated why he went back to that art for the EP. And now, after the interview on nin.com, we know the answer: it was just a roast on the fans to get them to look for shit that wasn't actually there. Incredible.
    Well, he said he put it there to "confuse" people. And he also said the whole time that he wanted people to make up their own ideas. But! He still chose artwork from his most drug addled record, the last one he made as an addict, to link it back to the ideas he's exploring on the trilogy: what if my new life as a sober, stable person is an illusion - and what if our conceptions of ourselves are an illusion on a societal and cultural level as well? So it's more meaningful than it might seem based on his word "confuse," but he didn't really say he was trolling anyone either.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Also I finally picked up NTAE when I bought BW today. NTAE took awhile to grow on me but I've been meaning to buy it for a year now. Got the blue insert. Awesome burst of color in the middle of a bleak package. My trilogy is complete.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post

Hm no, I think it really means something to him. And the "misdirection" is more that they abandoned the idea of a previously thought closure with Bad Witch, where they went in another direction, maybe. Looks like it I guess.

The inversed version of the NTAE cover looks better when looking a the whole trilogy though. Black, sombre, the insides, then some colors, the outside world, but it's only a simulation, and back to bleak and white, because everything is clear, but still dark.