Page 109 of 123 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This may not be the right place to ask, so if I'm breaking rules of etiquette I apologize... Does anyone out there happen to have an extra physical component for NTAE that they would be willing to sell (or one that they have opened and no longer want)?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colletta View Post
    This may not be the right place to ask, so if I'm breaking rules of etiquette I apologize... Does anyone out there happen to have an extra physical component for NTAE that they would be willing to sell (or one that they have opened and no longer want)?
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...14-Marketplace

also, considering some people still haven't even gotten the ones they ordered, it's not likely. anyone who ordered extras did so because they're collectors.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

also, considering some people still haven't even gotten the ones they ordered, it's not likely. anyone who ordered extras did so because they're collectors.
    And the physical components tend to accumulate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

Thanks for your help! I know it's probably a long shot :\ kicking myself for not ordering it for $12 when I had the chance...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I cross-posted this in the Add Violence Back Cover thread, as well.

I believe I may have found a hidden message in the Burning Bright music video. I watched it again today on a computer monitor, 27", 1080P, and sitting about 10-12" away from the screen. I turned the sound off. Let your eyes de-focus, look at the center of the screen and imagine the dark areas of the video are coming out of the screen, as if it were a 3D effect. It might even be helpful to imagine you are watching the VR portions of the 'Less Than' video. You'll notice that the dark areas form letters flashing and scrolling across the screen. If you can now see the letters, imagine that they are scrolling from right to left across your screen and you will see the phrase 'NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS' repeated over and over, and the NIN logo appears randomly on the screen. Someone earlier in the Add Violence Back Cover thread mentioned the poem "The Tyger" and I believe that may be key to seeing the message:

Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
    In the forests of the night;
    What immortal hand or eye,
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

The Burning Bright music video is bisected vertically.

Not sure if there's anything else in there, or anything that relates to Add Violence. Also, I have a headache now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm sending out work e-mail about finished project, and usually I can't help myself but do something original in these boring corporate e-mails, like add some smudge to screenshot or rotate it very slightly etc., this time I added salutation (?) "dear world," which is quite unusual, and "I can hardly recognise you anymore" - but this part was white on white, so invisible in the e-mail, but visible in the popup new e-mail notification... :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have you try to put the "physical component/ black powder" on your screen during the Burning Bright videoclip ?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    This EP flows wonderfully into Add Violence -- going right from Burning Bright to Less Than is a dream.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Someone on reddit posted a cool find in their PC. This been discussed here? Looks like a punched card, but just an unconfirmed thought.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...nes_blockcode/

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm sure it has been asked before, but I just really don't want to scroll back through tons of pages. Is there a link anywhere to hi-res scans of the Physical Component sheets? Looking to create a digital PDF booklet to put in my iTunes, and anyone else that would want that type of thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm new to the forums and idk if anyone else has mentioned this before... but did anyone notice the morse code in the promo flyer for FYF Fest?
    The top part reads MEET US AT
    The other parts I can't seem to decipher
    help

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danihax View Post
    I'm new to the forums and idk if anyone else has mentioned this before... but did anyone notice the morse code in the promo flyer for FYF Fest?
    The top part reads MEET US AT
    The other parts I can't seem to decipher
    help
    Interesting. Looks like a Y at the right near the bottom, too. I remember people talking about the number of dots between words, but I don't know if the other markings or Morse code were mentioned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Either Y is on its own or its in conjunction with the remaining morse code

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://imgur.com/9fXnfo9

i highlighted what im talking about

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's a long shot, but does anyone have an extra NTAE Physical Component for sale?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    It's a long shot, but does anyone have an extra NTAE Physical Component for sale?
    Holy crap. I did a double-take on this post and then I immediately looked on eBay...and there were none? When did that happen? Last I looked, there were at least a couple pages of them. What became of the market? The ones I saw looked to be listed in the US$20-30 range.

Mine is still unopened, but maybe I can put the kids through college (public).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i missed out on NTAE as well...
    poooopiez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did we ever figure out WHY THE HELL they used the Still cover for NTAE???

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GFGohmann View Post
    Did we ever figure out WHY THE HELL they used the Still cover for NTAE???
    Nope. Kraw promised we'll get it later (or something along the lines), but so far nothing.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Just looked on eBay for NTAE and just got this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRENT-REZN...8o6ZgYTMHU5w_w

HE IS THE TIME TRAVELER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Guys I just realised that Branches/Bones bears a strong resemblance to The The's "I've Been Waiting For Tomorrow (All Of My Life)", even down to the bubbly noise intro - Trent is still an 80s post punk kid at heart!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Nope. Kraw promised we'll get it later (or something along the lines), but so far nothing.
    I want to say he said it would make sense once we got more material but I doubt that now that I try to remember it. Plus, Add Violence doesn't seem to give anything.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    I want to say he said it would make sense once we got more material but I doubt that now that I try to remember it. Plus, Add Violence doesn't seem to give anything.
    Well, we still haven't received the physical component for Add Violence, which is sure to provide new insight...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've always listen to this order:

Burning Bright
    Branches/Bones
    Dear World,
    The Idea of You
    She's Gone Away

(since I was always looping the whole thing, it made sense to have Branches after Burning Bright)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For those interested in finding something in the Burning Bright video, I have uploaded a zip file containing all 8,390 frames. I have looked through some, but this is a task.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...Esxc1VPM2dSeTQ

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Well, we still haven't received the physical component for Add Violence, which is sure to provide new insight...
    we also haven't received "Not the actual events" vinyl..which may have some clues, as well!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It's raining since yesterday here, and I am going to post these two pictures of mine on social network with comment "My road to/from work today". :-) It actually IS my morning/evening walk, but definitely not today, and with a bit of image distortions (free IrfanView) and some letters (free Paint.NET) or something...? :-) I don't expect people to understand, and I am OK with it. ;-)

full size:
    http://www.imgup.cz/image/Lcgv
    http://www.imgup.cz/image/Lcg6

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    NTAE vinyl
    Spoiler: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...lease/10691963
    Click on the image to get more pics.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    NTAE vinyl
    Spoiler: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...lease/10691963
    Click on the image to get more pics.
    Return of the black dust is rather concerning in a vinyl release.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I am going to have to wait till I come back from vacation to order the vinyl. Dang it, I knew I should have gotten it with the rest of the DE's.