Page 69 of 123 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Anytime I experience extended periods of silence over the last few weeks, the synth from "she's gone away" starts playing in my head over and over and over. It is a welcomed change from the paw patrol theme song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those synth flourishes remind me of early 90's nin. As a parent of a child that watches paw patrol I can relate. I cant stand that show. Most inept mayor of all time.
    So as time has passed and my perspective has changed a bit, NTAE is one of my favorite nin releases. If I could change anything it would be longer. Such a step in the right direction, imo. Good shit man.
    Last edited by EndlessLoveless; 01-11-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I always felt Broken was like a lead into The Downward Spiral

I pray Not The Actual Events is our Broken to the next new NIN album that's coming.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Can I just say how much I love "Burning Bright?" God what a way to end an ep. I just love that weird ass, half spoken, half speak thing that Trent does in the Verse while my ears are being assaulted by distorted bass and guitar lines. It's just so fucking weird and I love it.

Also, I may be overanalyzing this but, whenever I hear the lyrics "I can't tell if i am dreaming anymore" may or may not be a reference to Bleedthrough, since it was supposed to be about dreams.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Here's a comparison: http://imgur.com/a/5NSzl
    Wait a minute, me too I don't have anything different, and for this one I bought the US component, what did you buy ? does the flac finally got the missing idtags by any chance ? (still any tags here).
    Edit : also ninwiki is claiming that this was embedded into flac as the other one was embeded into mp3, that's not true, flac didn't have tags but a jpg companion file
    Edit2 : what happened to the ninwiki 6th covers ? I remember there were already 5 when teh itunes version surfaced
    Last edited by ninjaw; 01-11-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post

Also, I may be overanalyzing this but, whenever I hear the lyrics "I can't tell if i am dreaming anymore" may or may not be a reference to Bleedthrough, since it was supposed to be about dreams.
    A difficulty separating dreams from reality is nothing new for NIN -- Pretty Hate Machine as a whole deals with someone fighting between fantasies and reality, Broken has Gave Up, The Downward Spiral's one long fever dream of self-destruction, Even Deeper, The New Flesh and 10 Miles High all reference the subject and With teeth is filled with remants from Bleedthrough, and there's still too many to name on other albums.

But that line itself is almost certainly tied to How to Destroy Angels, whose song We Fade Away ends with a repetition of "I can't seem to tell if I am dreaming anymore."

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Wait a minute, me too I don't have anything different, and for this one I bought the US component, what did you buy ? does the flac finally got the missing idtags by any chance ? (still any tags here).
    Edit : also ninwiki is claiming that this was embedded into flac as the other one was embeded into mp3, that's not true, flac didn't have tags but a jpg companion file
    I asked Firebrand customer service if the FLAC files were updated with lyrics since they were only available on the MP3 and I ordered the FLAC + physical & 12" + WAV. They sent me new download links for all three versions. The FLAC did not have the lyrics in the updated tags, but did include this version of the artwork.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    A difficulty separating dreams from reality is nothing new for NIN -- Pretty Hate Machine as a whole deals with someone fighting between fantasies and reality, Broken has Gave Up, The Downward Spiral's one long fever dream of self-destruction, Even Deeper, The New Flesh and 10 Miles High all reference the subject and With teeth is filled with remants from Bleedthrough, and there's still too many to name on other albums.

But that line itself is almost certainly tied to How to Destroy Angels, whose song We Fade Away ends with a repetition of "I can't seem to tell if I am dreaming anymore."

I guess, TBH I haven't listened to any of HTDA so I wouldn't have known that. Still, since Bleedthough was a series of reoccurring dreams, there is still that possibility.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    I guess, TBH I haven't listened to any of HTDA so I wouldn't have known that. Still, since Bleedthough was a series of reoccurring dreams, there is still that possibility.
    Go listen to Welcome Oblivion now please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    I've posted this elsewhere, but the original is a David Carson photograph. Technically, Rob just copypasted Carson's work, then.
    Oh, come on, (I guess you know that) my point was that rehashing the AATCHB/Still artwork was incredibly lazy and that I just hoped that there was some explanation for it, preferably that once the vinyls and the "physical components" arrive we'll find out that the digital covers were just temporary artwork and that the actual artwork features something made by the new NIN's art director and not a copypaste from the stuff seen in previous releases (no matter who actually did it).

I didn't even like the reuse of the TDS's font in HM, Russell Mills work was (as expected) pretty great, but it was a completely different album and even if I read Trent's interpretation of HM's connection to TDS, I just didn't like the reuse of the font because I just don't like when an artist like Trent has to look backwards to make something new, and even if he was thinking about his earlytomid 90s days while writing HM and that's why he called Mills to collaborate again, I would have prefered that they had used a completely new font for that album to make it its own thing and to avoid too many obvious references to NIN's most popular work, specially when the album was completely different to the stuff he did for TDS. I would have liked that the connection was just in Mills' new artwork and Trent's words about how he thought about those times while writing the new album, and that's it, the new album (HM) would have new artwork from the guy who made TDS's artwork, and it would look really good, but it wouldn't be necessary to reuse the same font just to make a too obvious and in your face TDS's connection.

If that bothered me, you can imagine how I feel about NTAE's artwork. XD And not a single explanation has been offered yet, so I really hope that once the non-digital stuff is received we are surprised with something new, or otherwise I hope that everytime Trent makes a new interview or a fan q&a he is questioned about this and he delivers some reasonable excuse for such a lazy/cheap decision, because like I said he can't talk about an artistic choice, Bowie already did that and it's too soon to repeat the same "artistic" idea, what Bowie did could be seen by some fans as a cool and clever thing to do because it was unusual, but doing the same thing this soon and this way... idk, I just hope that Trent explains what's the reason behind this if the vinyls and physical components are received and they have the same rehashed/copypasted artwork.

I would summon @teitan to demand answers, but I guess he would just ignore me or would tell me to go fuck myself. XD

Sorry for the long rant.
    Last edited by Kooler Than Jesus; 01-11-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I asked Firebrand customer service if the FLAC files were updated with lyrics since they were only available on the MP3 and I ordered the FLAC + physical & 12" + WAV. They sent me new download links for all three versions. The FLAC did not have the lyrics in the updated tags, but did include this version of the artwork.
    At least you got tags then ? wth they are changing artwork only on request or at the age of your order !?! Gonna complain too to see if that works. I wonder if they corrected the awful deviation zip the same way.
    EDIT : what and since when they offer all three versions now ? I fighted and exchanged to get them all.
    Last edited by ninjaw; 01-11-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    So do these jags above the text bear any meaning? They look a little bit like factories or the Sidney Opera House. Do we have any theories yet?
    I think the “jags” look like the classic monkeys becoming man evolution series (from right to left).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone know the name of the font used on the artwork?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If the website's release date for the physical component is to be trusted, we should expect our bees to arrive within the coming weeks.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by high def ultra-realism View Post
    Does anyone know the name of the font used on the artwork?

Not the Actual Sans Serif

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just read this in a yahoo interview today

Will you follow up with a full-length Nine Inch Nails record this year?

REZNOR: We’re working on new stuff now, so we’re planning to release more stuff as soon as it’s ready, and I don’t think that’s this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And one more shitty tid-bit...

Nine Inch Nails is scheduled to play the Panorama Festival on July 30 in New York. Will you be touring in 2017?
    REZNOR: No, nothing is planned right now...

...unless TR is fucking with us...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    In the Beats 1 interview didn't he specifically mention NIN projects rather than an album? I'm really curious now

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooler Than Jesus View Post
    Oh, come on, (I guess you know that) my point was that rehashing the AATCHB/Still artwork was incredibly lazy and that I just hoped that there was some explanation for it, preferably that once the vinyls and the "physical components" arrive we'll find out that the digital covers were just temporary artwork and that the actual artwork features something made by the new NIN's art director and not a copypaste from the stuff seen in previous releases (no matter who actually did it).

I didn't even like the reuse of the TDS's font in HM, Russell Mills work was (as expected) pretty great, but it was a completely different album and even if I read Trent's interpretation of HM's connection to TDS, I just didn't like the reuse of the font because I just don't like when an artist like Trent has to look backwards to make something new, and even if he was thinking about his earlytomid 90s days while writing HM and that's why he called Mills to collaborate again, I would have prefered that they had used a completely new font for that album to make it its own thing and to avoid too many obvious references to NIN's most popular work, specially when the album was completely different to the stuff he did for TDS. I would have liked that the connection was just in Mills' new artwork and Trent's words about how he thought about those times while writing the new album, and that's it, the new album (HM) would have new artwork from the guy who made TDS's artwork, and it would look really good, but it wouldn't be necessary to reuse the same font just to make a too obvious and in your face TDS's connection.

If that bothered me, you can imagine how I feel about NTAE's artwork. XD And not a single explanation has been offered yet, so I really hope that once the non-digital stuff is received we are surprised with something new, or otherwise I hope that everytime Trent makes a new interview or a fan q&a he is questioned about this and he delivers some reasonable excuse for such a lazy/cheap decision, because like I said he can't talk about an artistic choice, Bowie already did that and it's too soon to repeat the same "artistic" idea, what Bowie did could be seen by some fans as a cool and clever thing to do because it was unusual, but doing the same thing this soon and this way... idk, I just hope that Trent explains what's the reason behind this if the vinyls and physical components are received and they have the same rehashed/copypasted artwork.

I would summon @teitan to demand answers, but I guess he would just ignore me or would tell me to go fuck myself. XD

Sorry for the long rant.
    Your mom made a "lazy/cheap decision" when she didn't require your dad to use a condom.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    In the Beats 1 interview didn't he specifically mention NIN projects rather than an album? I'm really curious now
    He said "two major works" I believe.

Well, that whole interview is incredibly confusing. No tour planned? Dude. Couldn't he at least say something like: We announce things when they are ready? Now I'm starting to worry.

And new HTDA? Dafuq?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kraw View Post
    Your mom made a "lazy/cheap decision" when she didn't require your dad to use a condom.
    Trent told you to write that didn't he?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    He said "two major works" I believe.

Well, that whole interview is incredibly confusing. No tour planned? Dude. Couldn't he at least say something like: We announce things when they are ready? Now I'm starting to worry.

And new HTDA? Dafuq?
    I've been speculating that one of the 'major works' would be the Definitive Editions of WT, YZ and TS, with another Deviations release - most likely WT: Deviations 2 or TF: Deviations 2.
    And the other one would be the new full-length NIN album, and it'll be released about 2-3 days before christmas, with '2017 is not over yet' comment from TR a month or two before.
    Last edited by Lerxto; 01-12-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I wish someone would ask TR in an interview if NTAE is halo 29 or not!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    I think the “jags” look like the classic monkeys becoming man evolution series (from right to left).

That's a pretty cool observation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kraw View Post
    Oh, she did, but he was a NIN fan, so it was broken.

And please, just in case you were too busy to do the cover art for the next full album, tell Trent that my skills are available:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Trent told you to write that didn't he?
    One can only hope. XD
    Last edited by Kooler Than Jesus; 01-12-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    can't be a 100% sure about it, but something just arrived in my parcel box which i either didn't order consciously or wasn't aware of being on its way at all...in 4 hours i know what it is...ahh "Vorfreude"! is even better than the real thing

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudolino View Post
    can't be a 100% sure about it, but something just arrived in my parcel box which i either didn't order consciously or wasn't aware of being on its way at all...in 4 hours i know what it is...ahh "Vorfreude"! is even better than the real thing
    Does your order prints shipped on nin.com.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Anyone think that one of these tracks was originally titled dive and slam?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Does your order prints shipped on nin.com.
    good point! and it doesn't

false alarm. stupid alarmism. sorry guys!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Anyone think that one of these tracks was originally titled dive and slam?
    Branches/Bones was Dive/Slam.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Branches/Bones was Dive/Slam.
    Not the Actual Events was Not True.