Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well... HM was sort of a sequel for TDS... so maybe NTAF is The sequel for TF? (Since they seem to have spent a lot of time on tracks from that era. And The whole font thing)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Most likely, on the release date, you will receive a new, separate link (with its own download counter) that downloads the audio files of your choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah k View Post
    well spotted. It's all getting too wierd. And i love it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Trent this morning: "IN B4 2017 LOL TOLD U"

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insequence View Post
    well spotted. It's all getting too wierd. And i love it.
    I love the new NIN logo for the occasion. Simplified, stylized negative space NIN, awesome.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    New album? Cool I guess
    Vinyl? Alright

ATTICUS IS IN THE BAND HYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Definitely not legit. If it were real, it would have been created before all of this stuff went live. Also the art on the avatar was really crappy and sloppy earlier before they changed it.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Awwwwwwww...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I included the image so that people would see what I was talking about, for those who don't want to go back and dig. But THANK YOU. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what was so familiar about the text on the cover. That makes me think twice about the possible direction this EP is gonna take. I can't fucking wait for this. I was hoping Trent would be down for releasing relatively last-minute again, but I wouldn't have guessed the payload would be this huge. I'm actually gonna be listening to Nine Inch Nails almost the entire time I'm back home for Christmas, haha. Your move, Reznor. We're ready for tour dates when you are.

Quote Originally Posted by LithoChasm View Post
    So we are getting a release of the Fragile with new tracks, and then a completely new EP that looks alot like Still... What does it mean?!? I put the Still cover and the new album side by side just to see:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Definitely not legit. If it were real, it would have been created before all of this stuff went live. Also the art on the avatar was really crappy and sloppy earlier before they changed it.
    "Definitely". Famous last words?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insequence View Post
    "Definitely". Famous last words?
    Yeah, I'll stand by them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Surely has been asked already...but I just finally got through to the webstore to order and left wondering: So what exactly is the Digital + Physical Component of the NTAE release? Is it a CD or something?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    CD or USB key perhaps? Hard to tell since all the descriptions are a bit quirky... For all we know it could just be a fancy booklet, period...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Ugh, really? I think it's absolutely terrible and quite unintuitive and poor. Why is everything so goddamn HUGE? Maybe my least favorite NIN.com design in 10+ years.
    A lot of sites operate this way now for mobile viewing. Simple clean areas for interaction and large text and images for easy view-ability. Mobile web usage has surpassed desktop, hence why a lot of sites you see these days fall into the same style.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    CD or USB key perhaps? Hard to tell since all the descriptions are a bit quirky... For all we know it could just be a fancy booklet, period...
    One thing I was thinking of was some kind of really messy etching paper? Something pertaining to the seemingly "unfriendly" and abrasive themes we may see on the EP? No clue. They gave just enough information and held just enough back to make me really stoked just to have the excitement of finding out what it is. Could even be something very simple and with zero strings attached. But what comes to mind is the latest vinyl repress of the Fight Club soundtrack, which requires you to literally rip the jacket in half to get to the discs inside. Maybe this could be something kind of similar.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It's a nine inch nail with a miniature red robe around it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe the physical component is a cassette, they seem to be the increasing in popularity these days. Regardless, I ordered both

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R37R0 View Post
    Maybe the physical component is a cassette, they seem to be the increasing in popularity these days. Regardless, I ordered both
    "Hey dad? Do you remember where you put my Walkman when I moved out back in 1997?... What, why are you laughing... "

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    One thing I was thinking of was some kind of really messy etching paper? Something pertaining to the seemingly "unfriendly" and abrasive themes we may see on the EP? No clue. They gave just enough information and held just enough back to make me really stoked just to have the excitement of finding out what it is. Could even be something very simple and with zero strings attached. But what comes to mind is the latest vinyl repress of the Fight Club soundtrack, which requires you to literally rip the jacket in half to get to the discs inside. Maybe this could be something kind of similar.
    It could be something pretty boring (like a booklet), but I was thinking pretty much exactly along those lines. Something kind of "fragile" like a block of black chalk/powder (taking the image at face value).
    Last edited by m15a; 12-16-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    It's a nine inch nail with a miniature red robe around it.
    I was just thinking about that photo the other day and couldn't find it anywhere
    Askingforafriend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I am unsure if this has been noticed as yet, but 'TRENT REZNOR AND NIN ART DIRECTOR JOHN CRAWFORD SET OUT TO MAKE THE “DEFINITIVE EDITIONS” OF ALL THE MAIN NIN RELEASES ON VINYL'.

Does this mean that Rob Sheridan is gone?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm thinking this is also being used as a test to see how many people are simply willing to drop $12 on a complete unknown, knowing they will get a high-grade download.

So instead of offering a FLAC download at $5 for an EP, do people value a physical piece that comes with the download for another $7. Really interesting hypothesis... although a cassette is a GREAT guess given the stock image.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nin.com is working now (sorry for the double post).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    But what comes to mind is the latest vinyl repress of the Fight Club soundtrack, which requires you to literally rip the jacket in half to get to the discs inside. Maybe this could be something kind of similar.
    I had to get two copies of that repress being the nerd OCD collector I am. The one copy I did tear open, I actually sat and stared for almost an hour (not really but adding some melodrama effect here) debating to open or not. I did rip it up open and actually felt pretty fuckin' liberating.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Got the vinyl of the EP and Deviations. I was stuck on a coach and was freaking out a little about being able to get Deviations.

Quite excited for next Friday now.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Excellent. Now if only I could get the site to load so I could pre-order this...

Also, the bit about Atticus seems long overdue considering how much he's contributed to Nine Inch Nails since With Teeth.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Excellent. Now if only I could get the site to load so I could pre-order this...

Also, the bit about Atticus seems long overdue considering how much he's contributed to Nine Inch Nails since With Teeth.

Try finding a different wifi feed. AT&T wireless in Austin isn't allowing access to nin.com or store.nin.com. Same with my office internet. Uverse internet at home worked just fine.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Try finding a different wifi feed. AT&T wireless in Austin isn't allowing access to nin.com or store.nin.com. Same with my office internet. Uverse internet at home worked just fine.
    I'm hardwired, but I live out in the country, so my connection is not the best. I'm guessing it will work once traffic dies down a bit.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I F5'd for an hour at the office and on LTE, not a glimpse of loading. More F5ing all the way home on LTE hoping I was just on a bad site, nope. Pulled in the driveway on house wifi and it instantly worked. If you really want it you might want to track down a Starbucks or ask a neighbor if they can access the store.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Actually, the problem is that they've got some DNS configuration issues, currently. I haven't quite been able to pinpoint what it is, other than their NS records are screwed up, which may or may not be causing the problems people are seeing.

If you change your DNS recursors, that should help your problem. You can try Google's public DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.