Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127
Results 3,781 to 3,798 of 3798

Thread: Not The Actual Events

  1. #3781
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,287
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    it occurred to me the other day that the drums in "she's gone away" sound like slowed-down samples of the drum hits from "eraser"

    unlikely but possible, maybe they just wanted them to sound similar. the timbre is very close in my brain.

  2. #3782
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVcu3R_qLFM

    Melon ranks NTAE as his number 3 EP of 2017.....

  3. #3783
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    hopefully grave soon
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    wait NTAE is year old now. What.

  4. #3784
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    In this twilight
    Posts
    328
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hour and a half from NTAE's first anniverasry

  5. #3785
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nantes, France
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe it has already been discussed, but I found that on each side of the sleeve their is kind of ereased text.
    It's probably nothing but something I want to believe in... however I can read T / E / h / C / kind of A or R.
    Maybe we could try to mix it, with the one on the other side that I didn't manage to take a picture of.

    Probably nothing but my imagination... but....



    Last edited by blitzkrieg; 02-25-2018 at 09:15 AM.

  6. #3786
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A thought just occurred to me, and I don't see the answer without giving hours trawling through old threads, but has anybody tried blowing up the acetate from the physical component with an old overhead projector? I doubt there is anything there but I don't see anywhere that it has been done either. I don't have access to one.

  7. #3787
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    mushroom festival in hell.
    Posts
    1,978
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I was trying to separate the verse from Dear World and I realized that "who are you?" actually makes it through both channels. Anybody with better speakers/headphones wanna give it a listen and confirm if that's the only lyric that plays through both channels?

    Last edited by Harry Seaward; 05-19-2018 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Fixed image with BRoswell's addition

  8. #3788
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,299
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    "There is an answer in you" seems to be in both channels as well.

  9. #3789
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    mushroom festival in hell.
    Posts
    1,978
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    "There is an answer in you" seems to be in both channels as well.
    Huh, not sure how I missed that one. Thanks!

    I think this track is the coolest shit so I was just doing this for fun and don't have any crazy ARG theories about why those lyrics overlap or anything. I would assume it's meant to signify the sentiments the dueling narrator(s) happen to feel simultaneously.

  10. #3790
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    531
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I would assume it's meant to signify the sentiments the dueling narrator(s) happen to feel simultaneously.
    One becoming aware of the other without understanding them, perhaps.

  11. #3791
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    mushroom festival in hell.
    Posts
    1,978
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    (Also $12 for 5 songs seems a bit steep.)
    lol STFU dumbass, this was worth 10x what you paid.

  12. #3792
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    mushroom festival in hell.
    Posts
    1,978
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I forgot I actually came to this thread for a reason. So did every copy of NTAE from nin.com come with artwork #3/#5? I ordered mine from nin.com almost instantly upon coming available (which is why I was checking this thread, to see how long after it being unveiled I made my order - I actually forgot I made this thread. 1 minute after I made my order lol.) and I'm realizing now that I... mayyy have never actually downloaded my own FLAC files lol.

    I remember it being released a day early because Deviations had delays or some such. And I definitely recall stressing out trying to get a link because, despite ordering so quickly, mine was not active yet. My download link is dead but it's entirely possible I've downloaded it since 3 times since then. Either way, the reason I'm here is because whether my files or somebody else's, I don't recall any of them ever being tagged with the Still type art. Am I smoking crack? Can anybody else who ordered very soon after availability speak to this?

  13. #3793
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I forgot I actually came to this thread for a reason. So did every copy of NTAE from nin.com come with artwork #3/#5? I ordered mine from nin.com almost instantly upon coming available (which is why I was checking this thread, to see how long after it being unveiled I made my order - I actually forgot I made this thread. 1 minute after I made my order lol.) and I'm realizing now that I... mayyy have never actually downloaded my own FLAC files lol.

    I remember it being released a day early because Deviations had delays or some such. And I definitely recall stressing out trying to get a link because, despite ordering so quickly, mine was not active yet. My download link is dead but it's entirely possible I've downloaded it since 3 times since then. Either way, the reason I'm here is because whether my files or somebody else's, I don't recall any of them ever being tagged with the Still type art. Am I smoking crack? Can anybody else who ordered very soon after availability speak to this?
    Mine were the still art. I changed it to the black version .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #3794
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    886
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I forgot I actually came to this thread for a reason. So did every copy of NTAE from nin.com come with artwork #3/#5? I ordered mine from nin.com almost instantly upon coming available (which is why I was checking this thread, to see how long after it being unveiled I made my order - I actually forgot I made this thread. 1 minute after I made my order lol.) and I'm realizing now that I... mayyy have never actually downloaded my own FLAC files lol.

    I remember it being released a day early because Deviations had delays or some such. And I definitely recall stressing out trying to get a link because, despite ordering so quickly, mine was not active yet. My download link is dead but it's entirely possible I've downloaded it since 3 times since then. Either way, the reason I'm here is because whether my files or somebody else's, I don't recall any of them ever being tagged with the Still type art. Am I smoking crack? Can anybody else who ordered very soon after availability speak to this?
    Mine were also the Still-type artwork (#3, specifically) and I changed them to the main white one used on the nin.com (and ninwiki.com) discography page. So what did they "correct" in the "corrected early 2017 digital files" that used the #5 artwork? Have I been listening to a version with an error in it for a year and a half?

  15. #3795
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    mushroom festival in hell.
    Posts
    1,978
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Mine were also the Still-type artwork (#3, specifically) and I changed them to the main white one used on the nin.com (and ninwiki.com) discography page. So what did they "correct" in the "corrected early 2017 digital files" that used the #5 artwork? Have I been listening to a version with an error in it for a year and a half?
    I think it just means they corrected the album art to the different photograph of the sea taken the same time as the original Still art.

  16. #3796
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,150
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The cropping of the album art is slightly different from the initial release, for some reason.

    I was thinking about the Still artwork being used for NTAE recently (I posted about it somewhere, maybe Random NIN Thoughts?) because it was never definitively stated why he went back to that art for the EP. And now, after the interview on nin.com, we know the answer: it was just a roast on the fans to get them to look for shit that wasn't actually there. Incredible.

  17. #3797
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    550
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Not The Actual Events

    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    The cropping of the album art is slightly different from the initial release, for some reason.

    I was thinking about the Still artwork being used for NTAE recently (I posted about it somewhere, maybe Random NIN Thoughts?) because it was never definitively stated why he went back to that art for the EP. And now, after the interview on nin.com, we know the answer: it was just a roast on the fans to get them to look for shit that wasn't actually there. Incredible.
    Well, he said he put it there to "confuse" people. And he also said the whole time that he wanted people to make up their own ideas. But! He still chose artwork from his most drug addled record, the last one he made as an addict, to link it back to the ideas he's exploring on the trilogy: what if my new life as a sober, stable person is an illusion - and what if our conceptions of ourselves are an illusion on a societal and cultural level as well? So it's more meaningful than it might seem based on his word "confuse," but he didn't really say he was trolling anyone either.

  18. #3798
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    550
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Also I finally picked up NTAE when I bought BW today. NTAE took awhile to grow on me but I've been meaning to buy it for a year now. Got the blue insert. Awesome burst of color in the middle of a bleak package. My trilogy is complete.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions