Page 125 of 127 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 3781

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    So just like i found Add Violence on CD at a local Wal-Mart i went back again and checked today to see if they had NTAE and sure enough!

$8 bones... same price as AV, not bad at all.

I am thrilled to finally own hard copies of the new EPs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    OMG... it really came out on CD! Holy crap.
    I must order this now...
    Can't wait...

Ok, I just fucked up my credit card this month... $ 19.95 from CDUniverse.
    I trust these guys. Finally NTAE on CD!

Thank you TRENT REZNOR you are the MAN!
    (Please realize that fans like us will starve for a CD.)
    Dude, cancel that order! Cheaper price here:

Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Available here for $6.61 plus 10% off if you use code "TAKE10"
    http://www.importcds.com/not-the-act...s/602557534320

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    For someone who doesnt care about CDs, he def made sure they came up with a cool booklet, lyric sheet, and design etc...
    That's exactly what I thought when I opened my copy up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am not sure if anyone else has made a direct comparison, but the CD digipak is made from the vinyl packaging. The booklet is the record sleeve chopped up, lines up perfectly.

The text on the front of the CD is EXACTLY the same size as the vinyl.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    For someone who doesnt care about CDs, he def made sure they came up with a cool booklet, lyric sheet, and design etc...
    I thought the opposite. To me it looks like a kinda funny Fuck you to cd fans. The label has "preferred version" blatantly redacted and the book is just the album liner chopped up so you can't even read it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I thought the opposite. To me it looks like a kinda funny Fuck you to cd fans. The label has "preferred version" blatantly redacted and the book is just the album liner chopped up so you can't even read it.
    Yea but you could say say the same about a lot of the lyrics in the physical component.

I love the artwork, gladden I picked this up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You mean the label has "preffered version" blatantly redacted. Yeah, PREFFERED. Someone there doesn't know how to spell and is lacking spellcheck.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone from Canada have the barcode sticker on the digipack and not on the cellophane? The hype sticker is on the cellophane. I had the same issue with The Vietnam War with the hype sticker. This is not a jewel case, what is wrong with Universal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A "fuck you" to CD fans is a weird, passive aggressive way to go about things. Whether you bought the vinyl or were waiting for the CD, he got our money. In fact, since I'm guessing the majority of us bought the physical component with the digital download last December, he's gotten our money twice. Or three times, if you have to have every version available.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    he's gotten our money twice. Or three times
    Or five times. My name is Jordan and I have a problem.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    much to my surprise i found "not the actual events" on cd & vinyl at my local record store this morning. also, the new vinyl versions of fragile & broken. the store has a cafe attached, & i usually grab breakfast there on the weekend. always go check the new releases & new used arrivals out. strangely, events is being distributed by universal, not capitol. of course, capitol may be owned by universal at this point. i've lost track. wonder if all this has anything to do with the whole sandman thing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Really impressed by how nice the CD package is considering it seemed like a fake listing for months and months. It's a really strong condensing of the vinyl package and you're not missing out on any details beyond Side B of the vinyl and black dust all over the sleeve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Really impressed by how nice the CD package is considering it seemed like a fake listing for months and months. It's a really strong condensing of the vinyl package and you're not missing out on any details beyond Side B of the vinyl and black dust all over the sleeve.
    Can you post some pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    so looks like both cds are pa stickered. but they're popping up at walmart?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Or five times. My name is Jordan and I have a problem.
    I pick things up
    I'm a nin collector
    and multiple copies of the same album, they tend to accumulate

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    No stickers on mine.

The f word is on both CDs but no stickers, however I've seen a number of other albums at Walmart that fit that criteria. Off the top of my head
    Prince - 1999 and 4ever
    pink Floyd - dark side of the moon
    Rolling Stones - exile on main street
    Led Zeppelin - presence

possibly (probably?) others but I don't always know what's a censored version and what isn't. I know I've seen Pearl Jam cds that have Jeremy on them (I know greatest hits and I think Ten) but there's a censored version of that song so without buying those albums there I don't know what's on those versions). The examples are all older albums because I know there isn't a censored version of any of them

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Dude, cancel that order! Cheaper price here:
    I think I made mistake omitting that $12 is the shipping. So the actual CD price was... $7 or $8.
    Of course, if the CD was almost $ 20.00 I would have thanked for your advice. But I don't live in the U.S.
    Amazon charges Customs taxes upfront right away when shipping overseas.
    This ImportCD also states that ships with DHL that happens to grab things when stuff enters the country to charge taxes. (I hate DHL).
    I think, for me, CDUniverse is safer because I dealt with them already and it just came everything clear of taxes.
    Last edited by Quantum550; 11-18-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    much to my surprise i found "not the actual events" on cd & vinyl at my local record store this morning. also, the new vinyl versions of fragile & broken. the store has a cafe attached, & i usually grab breakfast there on the weekend. always go check the new releases & new used arrivals out. strangely, events is being distributed by universal, not capitol. of course, capitol may be owned by universal at this point. i've lost track. wonder if all this has anything to do with the whole sandman thing.
    I wanna get a VISA and live there...

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Canadian Wal-Marts don't have a problem with stocking CDs with the Parental Guidance sticker, as far as I know. Still just about the lousiest place remaining in this country to buy CDs, but hey at least they still have them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    I wanna get a VISA and live there...
    just in case: easy street records in seattle

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    It's just very satisfying to see Not The Actual Events on CD. I also know that I'm going to purchase it multiple times anyway, as it's just in time for Christmas shopping as well.

And with a select few people I know IRL, I've been gifting the NIN discography right up to The Slip and/or Hesitation Marks over the past couple of years on birthdays and Christmas, so it's a relief to know that I can actually gift NTAE as an official copy alongside Add Violence.

They might not have all turned into really huge fans, but just about all of them liked what they've heard so far.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-19-2017 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    It's just very satisfying to see Not The Actual Events on CD. I also know that I'm going to purchase it multiple times anyway, as it's just in time for Christmas shopping as well.

And with a select few people I know IRL, I've been gifting the NIN discography right up to The Slip and/or Hesitation Marks over the past couple of years on birthdays and Christmas, so it's a relief to know that I can actually gift NTAE with an official copy alongside Add Violence.

They might not have all turned into really huge fans, but just about all of them liked what they've heard so far.
    I know what you mean, if it wasn't for the fact that I literally asked for this for Christmas (my girlfriend was begging me for ideas, i'm usually really hard to shop for because I just go out and buy what I want when it gets released. Just so happens this came out just at the right time), but if it wasn't for me asking for it for x-mas, I'd be out buying a couple right now as gifts for huge NIN fans, one who said NTAE is some of the best stuff he has ever heard from NIN, another guy who is a fan, but I don't think he ever downloaded the new stuff, he's more of a physical release kind of guy, this would be right up his alley.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just picked up both EPs at a Wal-Mart in Calgary, Alberta Canada even though they never grew on me and I will probably only listen to them once to see if I still dislike them. Hopefully the old fashioned popping in a cd will help. I'm surprised NTAE isnt on Amazon yet but in Wal-Mart. Looking forward to enjoying the packaging though and adding them to my Halo collection! Please let the third EP be fresh sounding, quality NIN!

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    I just found out earlier today while I was shopping at Barnes & Noble for the Criterion sale that they would have both CDs available as I'm getting them for my birthday next month. If I had some extra cash, I would get the NIN vinyls and a record player.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Not The Actual Events

Any sign of the NTAE CD having different color lyric booklets like the vinyl? I’ve only seen red so far.

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Any sign of the NTAE CD having different color lyric booklets like the vinyl? I’ve only seen red so far.
    been wondering the same but have so far only seen red (including mine).

also, i always save hype stickers from NIN releases and i accidentally ripped this one while trying to remove the shrink wrap -_-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don’t think so—all of the CD packaging is the LP packaging chopped up and re-purposed. If the LP didn’t feature different sleeves, then it seems unlikely the CD will have alternate booklet.

It was just the PC that featured variants?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLRICK View Post
    It was just the PC that featured variants?
    Nay. Some had Red and some had Blue lyric sheets. View discog entries here and here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nay. Some had Red and some had Blue lyric sheets. View discog entries here and here.
    Oh, wow! Well, I have two copies of the CD, and both have the red booklet.

Thank you for linking those differences.