Page 116 of 127 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,480 of 3781

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Lives in Prague, CZ but is from Bucharest, RO
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Guys. Spoiler: Anyone got on red spots looking like... blood? Also, my black dust is legit, it rubs off and it stuck on the sleeve as well.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Guys. Spoiler: Anyone got on red spots looking like... blood? Also, my black dust is legit, it rubs off and it stuck on the sleeve as well.
    Yeah I've got that too (the first part not the second)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    On my copy Spoiler: the dust has a full handprint!
    Last edited by tucker973; 08-23-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just received my NTAE 12", have yet to open, but what I notice while still sealed is that there is virtually zero black dust or heavy fingerprints on the cover, and none in the plastic either. Everything on the cover appears to be printed, and that's it. Then I look in the end and notice that the inside of the cover is completely black. (This may have been mentioned before.) but is that inside black perhaps a layer of the black pigment that becomes the loose dust as the record/sleeve is handled?

As an aside, I can see my inner sleeve is red with blue text, not blue with red text like the other that I've seen. How many different inner sleeves have been seen thus far?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnilimbO View Post
    Just received my NTAE 12", have yet to open, but what I notice while still sealed is that there is virtually zero black dust or heavy fingerprints on the cover, and none in the plastic either. Everything on the cover appears to be printed, and that's it. Then I look in the end and notice that the inside of the cover is completely black. (This may have been mentioned before.) but is that inside black perhaps a layer of the black pigment that becomes the loose dust as the record/sleeve is handled?
    The amount of dust seems pretty variable, just like it was with the original NTAE release. Mine had only a very slight amount, I've seen pictures from folks who had a pretty fair amount (enough to smudge fingers and leave some residue at the bottom of the bag), and folks like you who hardly had any at all. The inside of the sleeve definitely isn't the dust - it seems pretty well contained to the outside. The chances of the vinyl itself getting contaminated by the stuff isn't super high (though I'd recommend anyone playing it give it a good cleaning w/ your favorite vinyl cleaner anyway).

As an aside, I can see my inner sleeve is red with blue text, not blue with red text like the other that I've seen. How many different inner sleeves have been seen thus far?
    So far I think we've only seen the two - there's pics of both at its discogs.com entry: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...mages/29818860

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Not The Actual Events

well I received a copy of the 12" today, surprisingly, I never ordered it lol.
    my wife did, without me knowing, I've not opened it yet, but mine too has the red spot upon the back I'll probably open it tomorrow

oh mine came undamaged

edit: and the grubby stuff on the sleeve too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by InsecureSpike; 08-25-2017 at 01:59 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Received my ntae vinyl today: ordered via US NIN.com; got it from a german distribution-centre. Just like my earlier US orders.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Loving the hidden text on the inner sleeve. Lots of things there I don't hear on the ep.

"I'm the one with his head sewn shut"

"I'm rotting she feels black hoods. fumes slut I despise all over me"

"It's getting hard to know which side is the dream"

And of course, "cocksucking chicken wing"

I didn't open my physical component so no idea if thats where this stuff originates. Good shit guys.
    Last edited by The Reason Being; 08-24-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    "cocksucking chicken wing"
    Killer Joe!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The CD disappeared on amazon.ca

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    The CD disappeared on amazon.ca
    My order is still in place on Amazon US—It's set for delivery next Friday, but I do wonder if it will actually show up.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    In Amazon they got the CD in their page there's no price available and it has the 1st of september date but it's weird to me that i can't preorder.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah I got that first part too. Was wondering if it was on every copy. Interesting little addition to the packaging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not sure if this has been mentioned before (i haven't been following this thread). My vinyl copy arrived today and looking at the lyrics sleeve, there appears to be2 print layers to it. The first visible and there is a second set of lyrics perpendicular to the printed ones, embossed onto the surface of the sleeve. Apologies if I have spoilt the surprise.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Nice! Variations all around. Wonder if it's just the two this time... Perhaps I'll have to update my NTAE variant index with these.

It looks like discogs has pictures of your variant now, btw.
    Oh Jesus fuck not again...

After waiting the length of time a child gestates, I finally received the NTAE vinyl. And fuck me if it wasn't worth the wait. Do I WANT to wait another three trimesters for the Add Violence vinyl, no, but if the packaging is going to be as elaborate and deep as NTAE...I'd consider it. A shame we'll probably have to order it from goddamn Sandbad though.

Those extra B/B lyrics are...tough.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Does anybody here know how to read Braille? I'm pretty sure there is some on the lyric sheet for the vinyl release, near the embossed string of broken words and the "YES, EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE ASLEEP" emboss, but I don't know if it actually is or not.

Someone with the red sheet with blue text and the blue sheet with red text needs to take some HQ scans/pictures so we can see if there are any differences here, it feels made to be dissected and that gigantic string of extra Branches/Bones lyrics give some context to the weirder lines on it.
    @teitan thank you for your best work as NIN in 20 years. Burning Bright is unlike anything else in the world. All of this reminds me of how I felt when I was dissecting and obsessing over The Downward Spiral when I was 14, and it so good for a modern release to give me that same obsessive feeling.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Exposed my sleeve (blue text on red background) to heat, direct sunlight, cold, and blacklight. The only way I'm able to read the "hidden" lyrics is to shine light off them at an angle. I thought they were glow in the dark for a moment, but apparently not.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Does anybody here know how to read Braille? I'm pretty sure there is some on the lyric sheet for the vinyl release, near the embossed string of broken words and the "YES, EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE ASLEEP" emboss, but I don't know if it actually is or not.

Someone with the red sheet with blue text and the blue sheet with red text needs to take some HQ scans/pictures so we can see if there are any differences here, it feels made to be dissected and that gigantic string of extra Branches/Bones lyrics give some context to the weirder lines on it.
    @teitan thank you for your best work as NIN in 20 years. Burning Bright is unlike anything else in the world. All of this reminds me of how I felt when I was dissecting and obsessing over The Downward Spiral when I was 14, and it so good for a modern release to give me that same obsessive feeling.
    Added scans of blue on red sleeve. Full album here.

Also, I can't tell exactly, but I think the "hidden" text mirrors the layout of the text on the other version. Dig? So the "hidden" text on the blue background is the placement of the "real" text on the red background and vice versa.

Last edited by paul_guyet; 08-27-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone in case this really hasn't been discussed yet, but has anyone else played side B of there vinyl yet? that's crazy!

ok I see now that it was discussed a few pages back. Makes me wonder what might be on side B of Add Violence and the next EP
    Last edited by becomingtom; 08-27-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone actually see the NTAE CD on Amazon? I don't.
    i saw AV, ordered it, and saw it was delayed.
    thanks for your he,p

Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    thanks for your he,p
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    For whatever reason, the NTAE CD is unavailable in the UK. Hopefully it'll appear as the release date approaches.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    OF FUCKING COURSE it had to be a fucking Yodel parcel. Any UK resident will tell you they are a match made in hell with Sandbag.

NTAE is at my neighbor (because what other fucking time would you attempt a delivery than 9:27 AM on a workday) who appeared not to be home for the last hour. Perfect.
    It took a bank holiday to find the guy at home, but now I'm one of the lucky owners of an undamaged one.

Some physical component got into my hair, but I'm happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone have an extra copy they might want to trade me? I got two NTAE vinyls shipped to me, but I only ordered one and both copies have the same blue background/red text. Did anybody else get an extra copy as well but has the opposite (red background/blue text) instead and wants to maybe swap? I just peeked through the plastic on the opening side to check the colors out after opening my first copy and so I decided to leave the extra copy still sealed incase anybody wants to swap with me... PM me please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    thanks for your he,p
    Here's the link for NTAE: http://amzn.to/2wcA6QQ
    And here for ADD VIOLENCE: http://amzn.to/2gk5De6

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I am starting to think neither are coming out on CD. Is Trent like the only artist now who releases albums digitally and on vinyl but NOT CD anymore? I think he allowed himself to buy into what the Apple people were saying, at how nobody buys CDs anymore...maybe Taylor Swift and Bieber and Tyler the Creator fans dont buy CDs anymore, but I think its pretty safe to say NINs hardcore dedicated fanbase will gladly eat up physical CD copies of his albums. You got fans dropping hundreds of dollars on fucking vinyl of Before The Flood soundtracks which they will probably listen to one time, yet he doesnt think his fans will drop 10-14 bucks on CDs? I think he underestimates just how rabid the fanbase is. If he put out a 5 disc set of him burping into a mic, people would plop money down on it

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I am starting to think neither are coming out on CD.
    Add Violence is almost certainly coming out on CD - the Add Violence announcement (http://www.nin.com/nine-inch-nails-a...ing-21-july-2/) mentioned it, and listings on Amazon and other retailers don't just magically come out of nowhere. I admit that NTAE is a bit of a wildcard 'cause AFAIK we've never gotten any official word about that ones, and I think the listings have always said "Import," so who knows.

TR's public stance is definitely "who's got two thumbs and doesn't care about CDs? THIS guy" nowadays, but he nevertheless put the AV CD announcement right there.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The fact its been delayed 3 times already and pushed further and further back (sept 1, to sept 22 and now mid october) is what is making me wary

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I heard that Trent is going to release 11 digital/vinyl EPs over next three years and then repackage them as 11-CD Teargarden by Kaleidyscope box-set.

...wait a minute

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i don't think anyone has mentioned that, but not that many of us have actually gotten our vinyl, yet. haha.

are you actually hearing extra sounds, or is it just that they're emphasized differently because of the format? there's a lot of noisy stuff happening in the background of branches/bones (and i say that about the digital version) at the beginning.
    That is a good point, they could just be coming through clearer. Further listening required.