Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Defiant Ones (2016)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Do you really want to get me started on my feelings about that album still not being out
    Never say never.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just sayin', must have been bittersweet to score a 4-part glorification of the guy who wouldn't release their last album and effectively ended their career as a band. oh, to be a fly on the wall...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What a crap cover

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howisya View Post
    just sayin', must have been bittersweet to score a 4-part glorification of the guy who wouldn't release their last album and effectively ended their career as a band. oh, to be a fly on the wall...
    And then married his sister - I assume that probably puts things in his favour :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And then married his sister - I assume that probably puts things in his favour :P
    that first thanksgiving dinner must have been interesting at least!

to be fair, when i think of jimmy iovine, i don't just think about how he screwed over artists on nothing records or made trent change bleedthrough to with teeth. i think of a lot of great music he has brought me over my lifetime either behind the boards or through interscope.

the trent & dre demos should have been on the soundtrack.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Awesome awesome score. Wow. I feel like this doesn't get enough attention.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Awesome awesome score. Wow. I feel like this doesn't get enough attention.
    Dude, you think this is bad at least it got some press, I'm not sure anyone would've known about Days of Grace if I didn't literally just tell people

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It's up on Google play music for any subscribers that want to give it a listen without purchasing mp3s from Amazon. https://play.google.com/music/m/Bdnn...-_Atticus_Ross

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This shit is so good. That is all.
    Last edited by Toadflax; 01-05-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    And so, a million years later... I finally saw The Defiant Ones after it aired on BBC here in the UK. Loved the whole thing from beginning to end. Some, uh, fascinating characters there. Always pictured Interscope as just some big name label so never really paid attention to who was with them until seeing this. Impressive, even if it's not all my cup of tea.
    Episodes 4, 5 and 6 are still on iPlayer for anyone who has access and wants to catch up. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m0002j6c
    I'm definitely going to pick up a copy of the score at some point. Maybe someone said already, but there's a Spotify playlist up here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5x...Yni1imMlBa7vjq