Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Alien: Covenant

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Aliens > Alien > Alien 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Prometheus > Covenant > Resurrection
    avp? avp2?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    avp? avp2?
    we shan't speak of those!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I think the next Alien project should be a TV show, not a movie. That way we won't have to wait five years to find plotholes within plotholes.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    avp? avp2?

Aliens > Alien >>>>>>>>>> Prometheus > Alien3 >>>>>>>>>> Covenant > Resurrection >>>>>>>>>> AVP > AVP2

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Alien > Aliens

Fucking come at me.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Aliens/Alien > Alien 3 (any cut) >>>>>>>>> A solid, satisfying poop >>>>>>>>> AVP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Runny poo >>>>>>>> AVP2 >>>>>>>> painful diarrhea >>>>>>>> Alien Resurrection >>>>>>>> Most of Rob Schneider's filmography >>>>>>>>>>> dogshit >>>>>>>>> Prometheus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> [CENSORED BY THE BUREAU OF MORALITY]] >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Blomkamp films we never got and don't actually exist >>>>> Covenant: A Prometheus Story starring Android Mary Sue

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Alien > Aliens

Fucking come at me.
    Agreed. Surprised to see so many people saying otherwise, frankly.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think my opinion is trying reboot or ret-con an original idea when two decades have trying to align the original to line up with cannon and service fans into some kind of origin story, when a sequel wasn't even even considered for the original, you get a mess written and directed by committee, studio's never seem to learn, and continue to put out this bullshit, I can only hope it goes better for blade runner and It, I've grown very tied of the whole everything needs to be a extended universe, i know they see minimal work and big return but that well is dry can we get some new and original ideas for once!
    -Louie

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Third Alien Prequel Will Have Less Alien, More Robot Says Ridley Scott

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...QwPDY3qJ06A.99

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Third Alien Prequel Will Have Less Alien, More Robot Says Ridley Scott

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...QwPDY3qJ06A.99

Ridley has really lost it. He makes Prometheus to get away from aliens... people complain and say they want more aliens. He makes the disaster Covenant movie with aliens and it flops. So now he is getting away from the aliens again and wants to make it about the robot like he was trying to do in the first place. At this point he is eroding the foundation of the alien mythos.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I liked covenant...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I liked covenant...
    It's all subjective. I for one hated it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Covenant was a wreck. I did like Prometheus, but I kinda have little to know interest in the next Alien film after that last mess. The mythos is ruined.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I liked covenant...
    I did as well...sure it has its faults but I still enjoyed it

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Come at me...

Alien 3 (prefer Assembly Cut) > Aliens (prefer Director's Cut) > Alien > Prometheus > Covenant > Resurrection (should be forgotten)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Alien is an all time classic. Aliens is ok but so different from what made the original great that I don't care much to rewatch very often. Everything else is forgettable.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Come at me...

Alien 3 (prefer Assembly Cut) > Aliens (prefer Director's Cut) > Alien > Prometheus > Covenant > Resurrection (should be forgotten)
    same, but alien before aliens.
    also don't care about alien 3 different cuts, love them all equally.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    same, but alien before aliens.
    also don't care about alien 3 different cuts, love them all equally.
    Yeah, same here with Alien 3. I love all cuts, just prefer the Assembly Cut. It's my favorite Alien film and perfect end to the Alien trilogy (Resurrection does not live here), so the more Alien 3, the better.

Alien 3 is also my girl's favorite Alien film. She likes Alien 3 and Prometheus.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Resurrection is flawed, but certainly has its merits. I think the direction and Whedon's writing kind of opposed each other. But this movie has its charms. I actually prefer it to Scott's newer additions to the franchise.

Also, Aliens > Alien > Alien 3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    https://screenrant.com/alien-covenant-sequel-canceled/

Disappointing. I know there are lots of Covenant haters out there, but I would have liked to see what Scott had planned for the future films.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Ridley Scott's been pretty belligerent in recent interviews, in terms of an "everything I do is right, people who do things differently are shit" kind of attitude. Talking about how Blade Runner 2049 was way too long and that's why it underperformed financially, that he came up with half the ideas for Blade Runner and that he only denies himself a writing credit because he can't be bothered to record conversations with writers, that it's disastrous to push young indie directors into making big blockbusters (re. Rian Johnson on Last Jedi), that directors who do lots of takes "don't know what they're doing", that bringing a film in on time and under budget is the most important part of the job, and he's just all over the place when it comes to Alien itself. Swinging between "I think the beast is cooked, it's done" to "they want the alien, I'll give them the fucking alien" to "there’s no reason why Alien should now not be on the same level for fans as Star Trek and Star Wars."

Brilliant visualist though he is, it's hard to see how he can still feel he has all​ the answers when he, personally, has seemingly killed the Alien series for now. This is the franchise that Fox saw as their tentpole in the early '90s, and Alien Isolation is the proof that it can still produce great material if it's done properly.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I have never seen covenant. Am I missing out or should I let it be?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    If you liked Prometheus, go for it. It doesn't have as much to offer in terms of aesthetics or ideas, but is a tighter narrative with more horror.

The key thing is, most of Prometheus' flaws are continued here, and in some cases considerably worsened. So if Prometheus had enough problems to put you off, in my opinion Covenant should be treated much like the sitting US President, so you should stick your fingers in your ears and try to pretend it doesn't exist.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Ridley Scott's been pretty belligerent in recent interviews, in terms of an "everything I do is right, people who do things differently are shit" kind of attitude. Talking about how Blade Runner 2049 was way too long and that's why it underperformed financially, that he came up with half the ideas for Blade Runner and that he only denies himself a writing credit because he can't be bothered to record conversations with writers, that it's disastrous to push young indie directors into making big blockbusters (re. Rian Johnson on Last Jedi), that directors who do lots of takes "don't know what they're doing", that bringing a film in on time and under budget is the most important part of the job, and he's just all over the place when it comes to Alien itself. Swinging between "I think the beast is cooked, it's done" to "they want the alien, I'll give them the fucking alien" to "there’s no reason why Alien should now not be on the same level for fans as Star Trek and Star Wars."

Brilliant visualist though he is, it's hard to see how he can still feel he has all​ the answers when he, personally, has seemingly killed the Alien series for now. This is the franchise that Fox saw as their tentpole in the early '90s, and Alien Isolation is the proof that it can still produce great material if it's done properly.
    Ridley is one of my favorites, so I tend to go easy on him, but his recent interviews and attitudes are pretty off-putting. I generally like his 'give no fucks' attitude, but the man can't seem to express an ounce of humility, ever.

Covenant is definitely flawed, but overall, I'm still interested in the franchise. I hope Disney does something with it eventually.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    there's a good movie hiding in there somewhere....

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    I'm still interested in the franchise. I hope Disney does something with it eventually.
    I'm looking forward to the continuity where Deadpool becomes obsessed with the idea that he is god and becomes engrossed in biological manipulation. He replaces his own penis with a facehugger, then fucks Minnie Mouse. After lovingly taking care of her for all of 30 seconds (which is about the time it takes for an alien to gestate nowadays), he vivisects her womb from her body, which has mutated into an enormous engorged egg. This contains a black goo which not only turns people into Gungans, it also compels them to create Star Wars films starring only Mary Sue characters who all sing 'It's A Small World' ad nauseam for no reason other than to sell homogeneous merchandise to the great unwashed.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I'm looking forward to the continuity where Deadpool becomes obsessed with the idea that he is god and becomes engrossed in biological manipulation. He replaces his own penis with a facehugger, then fucks Minnie Mouse. After lovingly taking care of her for all of 30 seconds (which is about the time it takes for an alien to gestate nowadays), he vivisects her womb from her body, which has mutated into an enormous engorged egg. This contains a black goo which not only turns people into Gungans, it also compels them to create Star Wars films starring only Mary Sue characters who all sing 'It's A Small World' ad nauseam for no reason other than to sell homogeneous merchandise to the great unwashed.
    shh don't give the any ideas!
    -Louie

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I remember my Dad working on Alien3 back in the day (hired as an offshore explosive engineer) to create an explosion out at sea to simulate the crash landing of Ripley's ship on the planet. He killed a lot of fish that day! It was situated off Seaham beach, Northeast England close to where i used to live. The beach and cliff scenes were shot in Seaham as well. My old man's claim to fame!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    I hope Disney does something with it eventually.
    Thought this was just a throwaway comment but it's actually true. Disney owns Alien. WTF.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Thought this was just a throwaway comment but it's actually true. Disney owns Alien. WTF.
    And there's an Alien Queen. So they're princesses now