Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Alien: Covenant

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post

Going to assume she died in transit, with the ship either lacking food and water or Shaw lacking the knowledge to obtain them/activate a stasis pod.
    That stuff is always very problematic, because it completely undermines the previous movie. That was the biggest (by far!!!) issue with Alien 3. It established that shortly after Aliens, after all the hardship and defying the odds, and after Ripley fought the Queen and rescued her, Newt died on the space ship (along with Hicks), so the whole fuckin' movie was for nothing. WTF?!?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I'd guess we see/hear some kind of "signing off" last report from Elizabeth Shaw at some point, and maybe a body. Noomi Rapace is by far the biggest outstanding thread from Prometheus (head-David aside), but it's pretty clear she doesn't have a major role.

Going to assume she died in transit, with the ship either lacking food and water or Shaw lacking the knowledge to obtain them/activate a stasis pod. She'd have time to record a log in some form, maybe dictated to head-David, which would ensure *something* comes of Prometheus' rambling plotline and it wasn't just an opportunity to show the audience some pretentious bollocks about black goo.
    It is possible that David learned the ship's mechanisms and, consequently, learned to use the stasis pods, saving Shaw. However, Shaw doesn't make appearance in the trailer so she's possibily dead and the crew only find the audio, the droid's head and/or the corpse.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I've always imagined Shaw becoming some hardened, feral, slightly-looney character: traumatized by the events of Prometheus as well as everything in-between then and Covenant. Considering that these new characters apparently don't need spacesuits to walk the surface of this planet, I'm starting to think we may actually get some version of that. Noomi is so great that it'd be pretty disappointing for me if she was just a corpse or relegated to video logs – that, and some actual interaction with her and the new characters would help provide a more tangible link between movies.

In any case, I'm super psyched for this. Billy Crudup and Demian Bechir are favorites of mine

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Did they just show a chestburster bursting through man's back instead of chest? And yeah, have the film suddenly became Alien 1 remake?
    This is pretty much exactly what I was afraid of, with the additional bonus of, apparently, another crew of disposeable dipshits wandering into foreign environments unprotected.

And a shower sex killing scene.

Yep, any hope I had for this is gone. Hard pass unless I start hearing some astounding reviews.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That shower scene was extremely reminiscent of Species.. That being said, I'm still excited for this. I did enjoy Prometheus for the most part.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Trailer re cut

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah The Prometheus trailers were good. I liked to "Alien" Homage music.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Also. You guys are ruling out the possibility that Shaw and David might make an appearance at the END of the movie.
    This might all happen when Shaw and Friends are having their jolly jaunt in the first movie........ You're probably right though.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Jed Kurzel is scoring this as we speak and I am really excited for another trailer, but having seen the trailer for Life my hopes for Coventant have gotten a bit lower. If it was a little bit more retro and grittier I think Life is the Alien movie that I would prefer. Especially when looking at the cast, Covenant so far only has Fassbender that I truly like.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Carlos Huante shares rare Prometheus concept art.

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/c...us-concept-art

Those Engineers looks pretty sweet.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Sneak peek on FX tomorrow.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Sadly not excited at all. I will wait until I see some reviews.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Carlos Huante shares rare Prometheus concept art.

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/c...us-concept-art

Those Engineers looks pretty sweet.
    Thank you for sharing those. I'm among the people that thoroughly enjoyed Prometheus, especially after watching the 2nd Blu-ray disc of special features that filled in a lot of back gaps for Weyland Industries.

As far as the concepts, what was the fascination with the aliens shooting "acid balls"?

Also, let's not forget that Ridley Scott Associates (RSA Films) had something to do with Rubber Johnny (Fifield mutation & the head of that Belugamorph).

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Cunningham also did work for Alien Resurrection and I think Alien3 as well. That guy pretty much has my dream portfolio and an amazing wife as well. Lucky fellow but thoroughly deserved it!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Cunningham also did work for Alien Resurrection and I think Alien3 as well. That guy pretty much has my dream portfolio and an amazing wife as well. Lucky fellow but thoroughly deserved it!
    Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder. I believe he was credited as "Chris Halls" in Alien 3.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Exactly, and I really love the covers he did for the Aliens magazine in the early 90ies as well as his concept art for the newborn in Alien Resurrection.

http://alienexplorations.blogspot.de...orn-alien.html

Him and Carlos Huante as well as Neville Page for Prometheus have delivered some of my absolutely favorite Alien art.

Wheter or not Covenant is a good movie I am really looking forward to the behind the scenes stuff and the concept art. That was one of the major joys I had with Prometheus and the extensive documentaries on the BluRay.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Can I complain about the Prologue yet? Why so many edits? Finding it a little disorienting.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Can I complain about the Prologue yet? Why so many edits? Finding it a little disorienting.
    I agree about the editing, but goddamn that is getting my hyped.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This looks more and more like Alien remake. Wasn't there exactly the same scene right before the chestburster?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Something tells me the actual movie won't be the same edit. This scene feels like it was edited for TV to fit in a certain amount of time. I don't think it will be as quick of a cut and the scene may last longer in the movie. To me, it feels they edited it to fit into 5 minutes.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I said it before, this better be the last movie where the pilot of a spaceship wears a fuckin' cowboy hat!!!

And these characters are almost like caricatures, like somebody making a spoof of the original Alien crew (and every other space crew since).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I was under the impression that the Prologue won't even be in the movie itself, not unlike how the Weyland TED talk was its own entity...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    the short was filmed by Ridley's son Luke Scott and won't be in the movie at all just like the TED talk and crew videos around Prometheus.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    the short was filmed by Ridley's son Luke Scott and won't be in the movie at all just like the TED talk and crew videos around Prometheus.
    I love me some Alien franchise bonus discs.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Yup, I sure do hope that we will be getting a lot more of this stuff until the release of this movie. I guess marketing has finally kicked off with this one and a second trailer is imminent. Probably showing before Logan.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Phew. The "oh no im choking" and then "the food isnt that bad" thing was a little too on the nose.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Phew. The "oh no im choking" and then "the food isnt that bad" thing was a little too on the nose.
    also "got your back"
    -Louie

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Walter is something else though. All soft spoken, to the point and he has an interesting way of performing the Heimlich maneuver. Such a trusty, friendly fellow he is.

Yeah right. I'm watching you, synthetic dude.

Poor Shaw didn't have a choice about trusting head-David; I can't wait to see how that turned out.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    apparently a new red band trailer has been sent out to cinemas to be shown in front of Logan.