Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Alien: Covenant

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    How come there are cyborgs in the prequels that supposedly much superior and more advanced than Ash and Bishop from later films?
    Because they never anticipated the prequels when they made the originals and Ridley Scott don't give a fuck and any answer they give in-universe will be a way of making up for that through the narrative.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How come there are cyborgs in the prequels that supposedly much superior and more advanced than Ash and Bishop from later films?
    Maybe Weiland Industries had a few bad years and had to change production methods to save money... Are we sure bishop and ash were current models at the time? I guess this would be the same questions as to why the ships, equipment, clothing and hair styles also don't seem to be "advanced" in the future.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    do we know how long the tour of the Nostromo took? wikipedia says nothing about the duration. so it is at least possible that they started before the prequel timeline begins. or not? eh
    Last edited by baudolino; 03-10-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudolino View Post
    do we know how long the tour of the Nostromo took? wikipedia says nothing about the duration. so it is at least possible that they started before the prequel timeline begins. or not? eh
    If you look at the bots that are in the Alien Isolation game, which happens a decade or 2 after the events of Alien, they are super primitive. An argument could be made that the scope of the mission defines how advanced of a robot they need.

Is David really all that more advanced (physically) than Bishop? I recall reading that the story behind Walter is that David was "too human" and that he was scaled back to be more robotic and subservient.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I mean, this was a rhetorical question. I know stuff like this happens all the time with prequels. It just bugs me is all.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Well, seems like Scott wants to make 4 more Alien movies depending on how this one does.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    What do you all think of the big spoiler that's going around the net, that Spoiler: David created the xenomorphs?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Doesn't sit well with me at all. Yet again I absolutely hate the fact that Ridley talks in such dubious manner and of course journalists doing the set visits get him wrong 90% of the time.

I am still looking forward to this movie either way and only our own viewing will put things into perspective. I guess this movie probably won't answer a lot of questions, but raise a lot of new ones.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    What do you all think of the big spoiler that's going around the net, that Spoiler: David created the xenomorphs?
    I was thinking that myself. Wouldn't surprise me at all. It would be a cheap move though.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I was kinda riffing on twitter about Alien shit but i was saying how besides hoping they turn out to be any good that i really don't want all these new Alien movies to be reduced to just the Xenomorph(s) being a Freddy Krueger/Michael Myers that just hunts down a new set of people every movie. I mean yes, keep the danger alive, keep the Xenomorph fucking terrifying and something you want to avoid at all costs but i really want to get into the mythology of this shit, if these movies aren't moving anything along plot-wise and are just the same thing all the god damn time it's gonna piss me off. These movies also need someone like Ripley that we can follow along the story with. If it's just an entirely new crew every time it loses some kind of "hero" to champion and develop an attachment to.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Wondering what the differences will be with this release of the Alien Anthology on Blu-ray? Probably just the internal packaging.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)