Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Live Speculation

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

2017 Live Speculation

I'll go first I guess.

I think we'll have an arena tour starting late summer going into fall 2017.
    I'm not expecting any dates in the spring. Summer amphitheater could be possible but it all depends on when the new material is released.
    I have no clue who would handle bass/guitar duty but I'm pretty sure the rest of the lineup will be the same with Fink, Cortini and Rubin. If Rubin is busy with another project, I'd expect Freese to come back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nothing against Ilan - he's a perfectly fine drummer, but man, I would so enjoy seeing Josh Freese back with the band. Based on his twitter, Ilan seems to have a lot going on with his own projects, so he may not be available on Trent's timeline to jump back into NIN, but again Josh is busy these days too, so who ends up behind the drums will be a mystery for a while. I just really hope there ARE live drums. Nothing against the more electronic side of things, but when songs are performed without drums live, they almost always feel like they're missing something. I would be surprised if live NIN didn't have Robin and Alessandro for the foreseeable future. The other spots are kind of a crap shoot, and we'll almost definitely see someone in NIN that's never been there before. As far as when.... Well, that's the question. I'm guessing a few summer festivals and then a full-fledged fall/winter headlining tour. Until something is announced, I think it's safe to say a tour is a ways away.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Not gonna happen in '17, itll be 2019 at the earliest before we see NIN tour again.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Not gonna happen in '17, itll be 2019 at the earliest before we see NIN tour again.
    Don't be so pessimistic. If there's a new album in 2017, chances are there will be a tour.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Don't be so pessimistic. If there's a new album in 2017, chances are there will be a tour.
    Not pessimistic, realistic. Im old school so im used to waiting 4-5 years inbetween NIN.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Not pessimistic, realistic. Im old school so im used to waiting 4-5 years inbetween NIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    EXACTLY!! 4-5 years is NOTHING Compared to the wait for that bloody new Rammstein album!! I used to think 4-5 years was long, but it really isn't. Time flys by as an adult. We're already at 7 years and counting for Rammstein's followup record. And look at TOOL? That's over 10 years now. If Trent and friends take 5 years, consider that awesome!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I started going to concerts at 15yrs old in Oct. 2000. It was a fucking long 5 year wait to see NIN for my first time in 2005. Then 2009-2013 was a long 4 year wait

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    This is the ETS equivalent of stores playing Christmas music in October. Only at least the stores know that Christmas WILL happen by 12/25.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    Nothing against Ilan - he's a perfectly fine drummer, but man, I would so enjoy seeing Josh Freese back with the band. Based on his twitter, Ilan seems to have a lot going on with his own projects, so he may not be available on Trent's timeline to jump back into NIN, but again Josh is busy these days too, so who ends up behind the drums will be a mystery for a while. I just really hope there ARE live drums. Nothing against the more electronic side of things, but when songs are performed without drums live, they almost always feel like they're missing something. I would be surprised if live NIN didn't have Robin and Alessandro for the foreseeable future. The other spots are kind of a crap shoot, and we'll almost definitely see someone in NIN that's never been there before. As far as when.... Well, that's the question. I'm guessing a few summer festivals and then a full-fledged fall/winter headlining tour. Until something is announced, I think it's safe to say a tour is a ways away.
    Agreed 100%. Ilans great and all but Josh Freese is Josh fucking Freese. And it doesnt feel like a 'rock' show without live drums. Those first few songs on the early Tension shows without live drums, (copy, CBH, etc) sound like something is missing. Even on the ep, CBH sounds kinda limp. Its a cool idea and all you know, standing behind keyboards and maybe or maybe not pushing some buttons, but nin live works so much better with that powerful sound. Its kind of boring to watch as well unless there is a huge screen with cool shit. If im watching live music, i want to watch LIVE music. Not just buttons and knobs maybe or maybe not being played with. Otherwise i will just listen to the album.

Dont get me wrong, i love the electronic side of nin and when they were doing the great destroyer live in the mid 2000's in front of the screen, it was awesome. I love it all but would prefer drums. And Copy of A sounds SO much better live with real drums.

Perfect live lineup: TR, Josh freese on drums, Robin on lead guitar, alessandro on keys and greg edwards on 2nd guitar/bass/keys/backing vocals. I feel like I say this everytime a new nin live thread opens. I also really liked them as a 4 piece band from the wave goodbye shows. i never noticed an absence in the sound of those shows. Something about them being a 4 piece is cool.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    If we get Josh Freese back, it means very limited touring (probably just select North American cities). He's been doing mostly short runs of gigs since 2009 with Sting and such.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    You guys...what if THIS is the tour that he plays The Perfect Drug on? 0_0

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The thread title made me laugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You guys...what if THIS is the tour where he doesn't do lead vocals on anything but instead invites guest artists to cover it all? 0_0

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ...or better yet, the whole background screen thing is a karaoke text display for audience to sing along while TR just occasionally inserts "hey", "yeah" and "f*ck"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Coachella 2017? The Smashing Pumpkins are a safe bet to be on the line up. The rumor mill started churning this week for other artists; Beyonce & Kendrick Lamar possible headliners. Don't know if that'd be a duo set up or separate. ...NIN could close out Sunday night on the Main Stage.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    Coachella 2017? NIN could close out Sunday night on the Main Stage.
    No, they couldn't. Sunday night closer is the "headliner" for the whole festival, and NIN aren't big enough for that anymore. It's either going to be a hugely popular and currently relevant radio act or some shitty DJ.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Coachella 2017? The Smashing Pumpkins are a safe bet to be on the line up. The rumor mill started churning this week for other artists; Beyonce & Kendrick Lamar possible headliners. Don't know if that'd be a duo set up or separate. ...NIN could close out Sunday night on the Main Stage.
    Radiohead are definitely playing, I don't know about the Pumpkins - that seems way, way more likely and appropriate for Lolla.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Coachella headliners have already been confirmed, and they aren't nin or smashing pumpkins .

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Dont forget about Frank Ocean.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    the new line ups show up for the next year festivals (also the european ones). it gives a clear view which bands will be active in 2017.
    it gives me a first feeling nin won't tour till fall 2017....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    the new line ups show up for the next year festivals (also the european ones). it gives a clear view which bands will be active in 2017.
    it gives me a first feeling nin won't tour till fall 2017....
    Probably correct, unless they are tagging along on this spring APC tour and then doing festivals in the fall and/or 2018.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm not saying that the Pumpkins nor NIN would headline. When Corgan announced he was reforming them, part of the story was they were fielding offers from festivals. Also, if you've been to the fest, different bands close different stages regardless of their font size on the poster. I saw HTDA play the final set of Friday night in the Mojave tent. No, they weren't 'headliners' per se. NIN, whom are better and more relevant than the Pumpkins, could easily play one of the three days' final sets on the three bigger stages.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I just want them to do a smaller venue tour. Not necessarily tiny clubs, but venues like The Bomb Factory in Dallas.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    That'd be cool. Haven't played a proper theatre here in Toronto since at least the Hate '90 days, maybe ever.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Maybe not a "proper theatre" but I would've killed to have been at the Kool haus shows in 2006.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Maybe not a "proper theatre" but I would've killed to have been at the Kool haus shows in 2006.
    Yeah that place was just a concrete box. It was 2005, May 9 & 10 and I remember that because I snuck into night one when I could only get a single ticket for night two, haha.

"No, You Don't" sounded so awesome in that sweaty fucking club.
    Last edited by botley; 12-08-2016 at 03:19 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Derrrp, yep it was 05 haha. I was at Coachella that year, and they didn't do Detroit on the club run so I was content with just that. I had previously seen Placebo and Garbage at that venue before, so I don't know what I was thinking by not even at least trying for tickets to that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Apparently Guns N Roses are playing London next year so I'm expecting Nine Inch Nails to support, just like '91, for a laugh. If I were Trent I'd be so up for that. Maximum troll. No other dates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Might as well start beating this drum a little louder in light of today's excitement.