Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54
Results 1,591 to 1,611 of 1611

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Weird. He just gave a solid show in Boston...
    "Cocaine's a hell of a drug"

-Rick James

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    "Cocaine's a hell of a drug"

-Rick James
    I hope this isn't another Scott Weiland kind of thing.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Wooooo boy..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Wooooo boy..
    Check that guy's feed for the rest of the videos. Manson's been a ticking time bomb for years but I suspect he may be nearing the end. Very sad.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flashback8 View Post
    Check that guy's feed for the rest of the videos. Manson's been a ticking time bomb for years but I suspect he may be nearing the end. Very sad.
    At this point, people are probably going to his shows and filming exclusively in anticipation of performances like this. Hell, I bet Manson fans could easily make an AVOTT-style "Downfall of Manson" doc based on the footage we've seen just from this tour alone..

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    At this point, people are probably going to his shows and filming exclusively in anticipation of performances like this. Hell, I bet Manson fans could easily make an AVOTT-style "Downfall of Manson" doc based on the footage we've seen just from this tour alone..
    That's funny, coming from the guy who facepalmed me for agreeing with a bad review of a show not too long ago.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Wooooo boy..
    It's like they made the concept of The Downward Spiral into a movie.

I really want him to get himself together, I really do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like he rebounded last night and put in a 17 song set too. Irresponsible Hate Anthem and the cover of Pattie Smith's Rock and Roll N#### made the set. I haven't heard them play that last one in over 10 years I think.

The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    I hope that you guys understand that it isn't as easy as "go to rehab."
    I've lost count of the number of times i've been to rehab, and while i'm way, way better than i used to be, i'm still not completely sober.
    Also, i'f you're a real alcoholic/addict, the very idea of help can be terrifying.
    And it doesn't make a fuck that he's a rock star: this disease doesn't care who you are or what you do. It is not a respecter of persons.

I haven't really kept up with MM, but i thought it was pretty fucking bad ass in the early 90s. For that reason, and more importantly, the fact that i've been through insanely rough, waking-up-in-the-hospital every few months types of shit, i REALLY, REALLY feel bad for him.

10 to 1 the guy is insanely miserable and wishes he could find some way out of it. I HIGHLY doubt he's like pocketing your money and laughing all the way to the bank or whatever.

That's just my take on it. I hope to god he gets better.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    I would also like to allow that it's possible that I'm dead wrong about Manson. You guys know more about him than I do.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    You're missing at least three songs..

1.) Why don't yooou people love me? Say you looove me! (Attempt 1)

2.) WHYYYYY DON'T U LOVE MEEE I LUV U ((Attempt 2)

3.) U MUTHDERFUKERS SUK I HATE U I M LEAVING U DON'T LUV ME (Final attempt)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I hope that you guys understand that it isn't as easy as "go to rehab."
    I've lost count of the number of times i've been to rehab, and while i'm way, way better than i used to be, i'm still not completely sober.
    Also, i'f you're a real alcoholic/addict, the very idea of help can be terrifying.
    And it doesn't make a fuck that he's a rock star: this disease doesn't care who you are or what you do. It is not a respecter of persons.

I haven't really kept up with MM, but i thought it was pretty fucking bad ass in the early 90s. For that reason, and more importantly, the fact that i've been through insanely rough, waking-up-in-the-hospital every few months types of shit, i REALLY, REALLY feel bad for him.

10 to 1 the guy is insanely miserable and wishes he could find some way out of it. I HIGHLY doubt he's like pocketing your money and laughing all the way to the bank or whatever.

That's just my take on it. I hope to god he gets better.
    I agree with you, but I think that most people are angry because they believe that Manson hasn't put any effort towards himself nor in any sort of recovery.

Not saying that is how it is, but it's hard not to think that, with things he sometimes says in interviews and how he acts (Flicking an interviewer in the balls, jumping at him with a fake gun and such)

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    I agree with you, but I think that most people are angry because they believe that Manson hasn't put any effort towards himself nor in any sort of recovery.

Not saying that is how it is, but it's hard not to think that, with things he sometimes says in interviews and how he acts (Flicking an interviewer in the balls, jumping at him with a fake gun and such)
    I can honestly say from watching interviews, videos, live performances and other various forms of media with Manson over the past 10 years that his flirtation with substance abuse has ruined her career. It firmly started in the 2009 time frame from my own opinion. The High End Of Low was the turning point for mediocrity and paint by numbers for his music. His fallout with Evan Rachel Wood changed him forever from that point on. I think he's trying to fill a void in his life with alcohol. Ever since Evan, he hasn't had the same steady girlfriend from album to album (maybe Stoya, don't remember), no stable band members with camaraderie besides Twiggy (whom seemed distant and hands off really after THEOL) and he lost both parents within that time frame too, his father as of last year.

I feel he doesn't really focus on music as much as he acts like he does. He used to take pride in his word play and thematics but that's all but absent for the most part these days. I wouldn't say he's phoning it in but his enthusiasm and passion isn't as high as it used to be as it shows. Eat Me, Drink Me was his last high note to me and everything since has been a rung below with focus. Even the strong Pale Emperor album he had a lack of focus with thematics and his lyricism.

I digress.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Manson was on as much blow during the Mechanical Animals era as he was in 2009...He was able to handle it back then or whatever. Like any musician fucked up on drugs, it takes a few years or decade til they can't handle it anymore and their live shows/creativity suffer....Trent was fucked out of his skull on TDS tour and put on the best shows ever..By Fragility, it was taking its toll...I think Manson will be dead by the summer. I remember when there was a viral video on youtube of Scott Weiland slurring the words to all his songs and singing out of tune and making a fool of himself..I said then he would be dead within 6 months. I think he OD'ed 4 months or so later....Manson doesnt have much longer

A wise man once said...Manson has become a dopey clown. Drugs and alcohol now rule his life

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    I remember watching an interview he did with Henry Rollins I think in 2006/2007 where he was carrying a drink on his hand and was talking about things he did years ago as if it still happened and he was clutching on his drink. It's been going on for a long time and I think we're about to see the end.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I remember watching an interview he did with Henry Rollins I think in 2006/2007 where he was carrying a drink on his hand and was talking about things he did years ago as if it still happened and he was clutching on his drink. It's been going on for a long time and I think we're about to see the end.
    I love that interview. Just watching this and now you can tell the difference.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I think Manson will be dead by the summer.
    Ive been reading people say this for at least a decade. Not saying it's impossible you're right, but this isn't really new for him.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Ive been reading people say this for at least a decade. Not saying it's impossible you're right, but this isn't really new for him.
    ive been saying this aboot al jourgensen for the last TWO decades

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    ive been saying this aboot al jourgensen for the last TWO decades
    Al is certainly an addict. But he seems to have it far more under control than mm. I think he pretty much sticks to Coors light at this point in his life.

Saw ministry last summer, and while the glory days are certainly over, the show was still pretty energetic and enjoyable.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Eh, just from concert behavior alone, I wouldn't personally make the leap from "handling lacklustre crowds poorly" to "going to die within the next year." Nobody knows but him how much drugs+stuff he's actually doing, and I think there's far more prosaic explanations for what went down. The NYC vids just look like a slightly more extreme version of what I saw him do in Madison, and while it certainly makes for a poor show, I don't even think I'd call it a "breakdown," massive or not, as many Youtube vids seem to be doing. I'd be more inclined to think that he's just having difficulty dealing with the fact that he's just not as popular as he once was - if you think about the kinds of crowds which used to be genuinely ecstatic to see him, every night, in huge arenas, it'd be no wonder that a half-interested crowd would be distressing. IMO it'd be like him to sort of poke at that wound onstage rather than just getting on with it. I gather from above that his last parent died over the past year too, so I can imagine feeling rather unmoored by the fact that the crowds aren't as stable as he thought, either.

Not excusing the behavior -- as I said a few weeks ago, there's far better ways to deal with an unresponsive crowd than throwing a fit -- but I'm not one to hop on the doomsday train about it. I can't imagine increased internet visibility about these kinds of outcomes at shows is gonna help future shows go well, though. Feels like he's just setting himself up for confrontation (which I suppose wouldn't be out of character).