Page 61 of 135 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah I can't find any info on it at all, usually you can at least find out that oh you need to have a chase credit card or be in the fan club or something. I'll be going anyway, was just hoping to grab those early tickets so my old man ass could sit down.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The Halloween show is already a mess, nobody I know got a presale code so nobody could even attempt to get tickets. I’m kind of amazed, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a band just ... not give out presale codes at all to anyone. I wouldn’t be worried but Florida is a big draw for him and the venue is pretty small.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    This thread inches closer to being permanently shut down every time Hazekiah's name is brought up.
    oh you know a 4th thread will spring up eventually

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    So, i was at the show last night in Cuyahoga Falls. Here are some thoughts.

The sound for all three bands was rough. Whoever the sound guy was, he sucks. Absolutely fucking sucks. Deadly Apples had really good songs, and it was disappointing that the mix was so bad, because it stifled them. But they're a band that wasn't on my radar before, and they are now, so that's a plus.

Manson was... hm. Well, i think he was relatively at his peak, which is to say that it wasn't a total disaster, and i think that's the best anyone could ask for. He just sounded so tired throughout the show, barely able to keep up. But it seemed like he was at least trying to put the effort in, and he was enjoying himself. There was a lot of banter about it being Ohio. "You made me!" he said at one point. The only song that was just flat out bad was Dope Show. Like... i can't even describe how off-key and breathless he was. Closed with Beautiful People which was actually excellent, and encored with Cry Little Lister, which was mediocre. On a side note, the band is 100% top notch. Super tight, hit everything perfectly.

Rob Zombie had a ton of energy, and hit most of his notes, but his age is showing in that he cuts off the end of a lot of lyrics. He sounded out of breath as well a few times but he made up for it with stage antics, and i think he does that on purpose because it sounded like he was anticipating when his breathing would get shallow. A lot of crowd banter, John 5 played a solo with his teeth, all around solid set. Towards the end he did the bit from Stepbrothers (Zombie: Did we just become best friends? Manson from offstage: Yes, we did!) and they performed Helter Skelter, which was excellent. Manson hit most of his notes. He didn't really go anywhere near John or Ginger though, stuck pretty close to Rob's nuts, so, i felt like there was still some awkwardness with his old band mates. Hard to say.

In closing, i'd say that it was on the upper swing of shows i've seen. Not in the top tier, for sure, but enjoyable. I don't think i'll ever get a better Manson show than that though, which kind of makes me sad, but, oh well. Merch was expensive, we just got one shirt each; a Manson tour shirt for me and a Zombie tour shirt for her.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Have been tossing around the idea of checking out this show when it comes to NY next month, and was seeing tix for super cheap on StubHub. Today I saw they had tickets for free as part of that TM lawsuit, so I jumped on them. Even if he's a drunken mess, at least I didn't spend any money.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    In closing, i'd say that it was on the upper swing of shows i've seen. Not in the top tier, for sure, but enjoyable. I don't think i'll ever get a better Manson show than that though, which kind of makes me sad, but, oh well.
    At least the show happened, I was at Rock USA and due to lightning, Manson and Zombie dint play on the 13th.

It started downpouring during Underoath, so they cleared the grounds and we waited in our car for 2 hours. They eventually reopened the festival grounds, and announced the remaining bands would play but withe shorter sets. Only Seether and All That Remains got to play before the storm moved back in and they canceled the entire thing.

Then we started reading on social media that the weather had passed before we even got back to the hotel! BULLSHIT it wasnt even 11pm yet.

They had a show to play the next night, maybe they wouldn't have time to get the production moved if they played till 2am. IDK what it was like in GA, but I was in the VIP tent and everybody was ready to deal with the shitty weather to see the HEADLINERS. Personally, I was trying to come up with a way to tape their sets without my rig getting wet! But this was the second day of a 3 day festival and after 10 hours in the brutal July sun, I hadnt gone that far to give up at the end!

I went to Ozzfest in 01 at Apple River WI, and Manson canceled that show too, so im 1 for 3 at seeing him play festivals he is advertised to perform at lol

Anyways, the highlights for me were Devildriver on day 1, Attilla (no joke) on day 2, and The Black Dahlia Murder, Nothing More and STP on day 3. Still a great festival, but BULLSHIT the 2nd day headliners dint play. Especially when people were telling me that Slayer dint go on till 1230am last year due to rain , but dint cancel!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post

Rob Zombie had a ton of energy, and hit most of his notes, but his age is showing in that he cuts off the end of a lot of lyrics. He sounded out of breath as well a few times but he made up for it with stage antics, and i think he does that on purpose because it sounded like he was anticipating when his breathing would get shallow. A lot of crowd banter, John 5 played a solo with his teeth, all around solid set. Towards the end he did the bit from Stepbrothers (Zombie: Did we just become best friends? Manson from offstage: Yes, we did!) and they performed Helter Skelter, which was excellent. Manson hit most of his notes. He didn't really go anywhere near John or Ginger though, stuck pretty close to Rob's nuts, so, i felt like there was still some awkwardness with his old band mates. Hard to say.
    As a fan since White Zombie, he's always done that. :-/

Example, in Super Charger Heaven live he'd sing something like "hell hounds leap... cowardly kings... soul ...river ...sticks yeah."
    Last edited by OSPF; 07-18-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I have no idea if this has been discussed here before or not. But anyway, I had a friend send this to me the other day (knows I am a Manson Apologist of the Highest Order) and I am sure he was trying to get me to say Manson's band stole something. I won't go that far, but that drum beat... Hmm. Conflicted...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Manson ripping off someone else's song? Preposterous!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Mods are asleep, post songs unrelated to Manson in any way.

Last edited by Harry Seaward; 07-19-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Mods are asleep, post songs unrelated to Manson in
    any
    way.
    Bussssssssssssssssssssssted

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I finally found a used copy of the new album, im only 2 songs in and, what the hell happened? TPE was so good!! Like, good enough to rival Portrait and GAOG.

figures, i must just be addicted to the abuse. canceled shows and shitty albums.

At least I still can't get enough of Prequelle!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    "Blood Honey" is about the only thing I keep going back to from the new album.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I finally found a used copy of the new album, im only 2 songs in and, what the hell happened? TPE was so good!! Like, good enough to rival Portrait and GAOG.

figures, i must just be addicted to the abuse. canceled shows and shitty albums.

Seriously. TPE is the best Manson album since AT LEAST Holy Wood, and I honestly might like it even more than HW. HUD was such a disappointment.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    I have no idea if this has been discussed here before or not. But anyway, I had a friend send this to me the other day (knows I am a Manson Apologist of the Highest Order) and I am sure he was trying to get me to say Manson's band stole something. I won't go that far, but that drum beat... Hmm. Conflicted...

I will tell you what, as Jasta says, Manson owes them a sandwich.
    but at least its not a total rip off. lol

Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post

its odd since its the same team what made TPE. HUD was a let down for sure.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 07-20-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Haha honestly the thought of that song is what keeps me from listening to the new album again. That and SUCKIN UP SNO WITE POWDAAAAHH

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I still like "Kill4Me", "Saturnalia" and "Say10", i can live without the rest

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I agree about Blood Honey being one of the highlights of the record. That and "Heaven Upside Down" (title track) and Threats of Romance. Basically, the final 3 tracks of the record are where it starts to get good and then it ends. First 2/3 of the record is trash. I don't mind kill4me and Saturnalia either. If you take those 5 tracks and cut the rest, HUD becomes a nice 5 track EP, lol.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    If the lyrics to Kill4Me weren't so ungodly awful, it would be a pretty good track. Actually, most of Heaven Upside Down would be excellent if the lyrics weren't absolutely dumb as hell.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Agreed, the lyrics are the issue for me too, it's not all that bad otherwise except saturnalia, too much of a ripoff to be enjoyable.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    A lot of the lyrics felt like Marilyn found a mad lib book for his songs, it’s terrible. Pale Emperor had a good amount that felt like they were at least self-aware and at times surprisingly reflective and decent, and at worst were theatrical and passable. HUD’s probably outdo Golden Age’s in terms of vapid cliche laziness. Saturnalia’s aren’t awful and I can like the song because I like Bela, Kill4Me feels like it’s not taking itself too seriously which makes it tolerable although even then, its worst moments are embarrassing, and everything else is forgettable or horrible. I’d be embarrassed to show songs from it to someone else.

I hoped after TPE’s unexpected strength and general sense of effort that we’d get something else as inspired if not better and instead it felt like a regression on all fronts, even the music felt like generic Manson rather than stylistically compelling like TPE’s dirty southern bluesy filth bar band vibes. In 2015 I was bummed he didn’t play more of his new album when I saw him and now in October I’ll be hoping he plays almost none of his new album when I see him.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, very odd going from TPE to this. HUD is hands down the worst Manson album in his entire catalog. That's saying something, cuz there are some pretty bogus records out there, but the new record makes Eat me Drink me a pile of gold. I personally think EMDM was his worst (until heaven upside came out), I know there are a lot of people here that will defend that record until they are blue in the face, but I personally just can't dig it. A few months ago, there was like a pitchfork article or something that celebrated the 10th anniversary of EMDM re-visited, and I got intrigued enough to want to re-visit it myself, and I couldn't get through it. I was hoping it aged with time or maybe I would "get it" finally, but it was just as bad as ever. But I'd rather listen to EMDM over the abomination that is known as Heaven Upside down.

Oh, and the high end of low is surprisingly a really good record if you just give that another chance. I know that's another record that usually makes the bottom of the list when ranking his records from best to worst, but it's really not that bad of a record. Not as good as Antichrist or animals obviously, but it's really not as bad as people make it out to be.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I randomly heard the personal jesus cover the other day from like, the 3rd verse on. It's the keyboard/drums only verse. I was like, fuck this is great. Why is it so great? Duh. Because the lyrics aren't ridiculous because he didn't write them. His choice of instruments and the way they sound aren't usually the issue. It's the goofy trying too hard lyrics. His vocal delivery is usually ok. But the lyrics ruin any song since the golden age era on. (Minus the title track)

Doll dagga buzz buzz ziggity fuck off dude.

Edit: I do think EMDM is his best post holy wood release.
    Last edited by EndlessLoveless; 07-21-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    If I had to rank "post holy-wood" releases in order, I'd say:

The Pale Emperor
    The High End of Low
    Born Villain
    Golden Age of Grotesque
    Eat Me, Drink Me
    Heaven Upside Down

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I enjoyed HUD last year but haven't listened to it since. Might give it a spin later. The problem with post-Holywood Manson has always been the lyrics. They're lazy and lacking any substance. It's weird how he was once known for his intellect and somewhere along the line just completely gave up. It's sad.

My post-Holywood ranking...

Eat Me Drink Me (underrated af!)
    The Pale Emperor
    Golden Age of Grotesque
    Heaven Upside Down
    The High End of Low

.................................................. .. Born Villain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's interesting to see people talk about Manson's post albums. I personally hate HEOL. I do want to revisit it, but it's so forgettable. I actually liked HUD a lot, but I agree. The lyrics are nothing special. Half the time it felt like he closed his eyes and just pulled out words that sounded "shocking" together. Born Villian is still one of my favorites. Again, lyrics aren't great but at least the songs have this great energy to them and his voice sounds pretty good. EMDM....I dunno. I enjoy it a lot, but it's not one I revisit often. I think it has it's good moments and its low points. Like Manson said, I think it's an album he had to make just to get it out of his system.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Post Holy wood (which is his best, along with AS)

GAOG was goofy right from the start. Only songs I liked were mobscene (liked it at the time, now not so much), and the title track (fantastic song) and spade was ok.

EMDM is a great album, I only disliked one or two songs on it. Made me think, fuck this guy still has it.

The High End of Low has a handful of good songs on it, but the bad ones are so bad that its hard to remember the good ones. I enjoyed devour, pretty as a swastika (ridiculous shocking name), four rusted horses, white spider and I have to look up just to see hell. Oh and 15 was pretty good. The rest was bad.

Born Villain had a few good ones but mostly not. I liked no reflection, lay down your gdm arms and children of caine,

I don't remember a single thing from TPE aside from the last track.

Newest I don't remember a single thing except Blood Honey which is pretty good. Snow white powdah, lol @tony.parente
    Last edited by EndlessLoveless; 07-23-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What the fuck does a sober, well adjusted, married, vegan rockstar even have in common with Manson, besides their shared fondness of money? Manson is literally the opposite of Zombie. "Twins" my ass.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSPF View Post
    What the fuck does a sober, well adjusted, married, vegan rockstar even have in common with Manson, besides their shared fondness of money? Manson is literally the opposite of Zombie. "Twins" my ass.
    They're both washed up hasbeens that haven't made a good record in nearly 20 years.

1998, was the last time both of them were on top of their game. After hellbilly deluxe, zombie went downhill fast. If it wasn't for Rob having his life more together and the film side of his career still going, I'd say Manson has the upper hand musically, and that's really not saying much. But Manson can still made a decent studio record if he tried, proof of that is with The Pale Emperor. I haven't been able to listen to anything zombie has released in God knows how long... sick bubble gum??? Everyone's fucking in a UFO?? Hahahaha....
    Last edited by ManBurning; 07-23-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Hot take: TPE fucking sucks. Worst post HW release IMHO. Take that jazzy crap to the dumpster, it sounded dumb (musically) coming from him.