Page 22 of 135 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Not sure what the big deal is. This song was released more than eight years ago..

Like I mentioned, better version of "hey, cruel world "

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Those vocals at "FIRE FIRE FIRE" are really getting on my nerves.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's not really that bad. The only thing is...it's not really that good either. Underwhelming is pretty much the word as someone already said. It's just sorta there. Is it the mastering of it? Could just be sort of bland, who knows lol.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Those vocals at "FIRE FIRE FIRE" are really getting on my nerves.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I won't argue that ACSS is his best work, but it's not 1997 anymore. I wish he would branch out in his old age instead of always trying to go back and re-make that record.
    I would be down for a softer MM record now. Like I said, that could just be the "getting old" in me speaking, but I think his songs are better when they are slower/quieter.
    I wish he'd try remaking Mechanical Animals to be honest.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I wish he'd try remaking Mechanical Animals to be honest.
    2017 MM would call 1998 MA MM a faggot and tell him he's going to cut him. Manson has been exploding with this weird disingenuous, unearned gangster machismo bullshit for years now. It's incredibly, incredibly off-putting.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    2017 MM would call 1998 MA MM a faggot and tell him he's going to cut him. Manson has been exploding with this weird disingenuous, unearned gangster machismo bullshit for years now. It's incredibly, incredibly off-putting.
    "I am a chaos tornado i used to be vulnerable but not anymore this time i'm 4 realziez"
    -manson during every interview for the last 4 records

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    2017 MM would call 1998 MA MM a faggot and tell him he's going to cut him.
    And then someone at a Dennys will come out and punch 2017 MM in the face. (yes, I know this is from 2015)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Hmm.

Catchy in parts but not much else. Him screaming can work but it's too broken and over the top mid-song.

Not great, but doesn't totally suck. He's done worse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I want to hear the "death country" record
    this is pathetic to be honest

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    please no, trent has been doing that a lot more lately...it doesnt work. pt me in the direction of a memorable "spoken word" style track thats a success.
    I always liked "The Gardener" to be honest. But I'm on my own with that one. Lot of people hate that song, and that record too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What the f*ck is this tracklist ? I really hope there will be a hidden track named "Rawrrr xD :3"
    I'm a huge MM fan but come on.

Anyway, like some others I wasn't able to listen to this song entirely. And by the way, thanks for the ultra limited red vinyl edition, 50 for France, great...
    Last edited by eluus; 09-15-2017 at 02:01 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I always liked "The Gardener" to be honest. But I'm on my own with that one. Lot of people hate that song, and that record too.

Lousy song, only second in line to "Unkillable Monster" off The High End of Low.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

I like this song too. Feels like a stronger, more consistent WOW.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    New song isn't half bad

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I don't and it's my favorite track from BV...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    pt me in the direction of a memorable "spoken word" style track thats a success.
    Literally almost any Leonard Cohen song

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I like it too, it's fun to play the bass line as well

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    The Gardener was one of the better ones off that album, yes.

Slightly disappointed that this time we appear to have no deluxe version of the album with some acoustic versions. Those are always a highlight to me and are often better than the album takes.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Couldn't get through it -- his vocals are just miserable on this. Instrumentally it seems unremarkable but fine, but his insistence on somehow sounding "hardcore" despite his shot voice is hard to get past. Part of what made TPE great to me was that he seemed to be working within his vocal limitations and focusing in on that leathery, bluesy, whiskey-tinged vibe of things like I Put a Spell On You. This feels like he's trying hard to get back to Little Horn-style screaming, and it just does not do it anymore.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Couldn't get through it -- his vocals are just miserable on this. Instrumentally it seems unremarkable but fine, but his insistence on somehow sounding "hardcore" despite his shot voice is hard to get past. Part of what made TPE great to me was that he seemed to be working within his vocal limitations and focusing in on that leathery, bluesy, whiskey-tinged vibe of things like I Put a Spell On You. This feels like he's trying hard to get back to Little Horn-style screaming, and it just does not do it anymore.
    I dig the song, but I agree that I wanted Manson to get rid of the heavy shit and focus on the type of music like the pale emperor.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    For some reason I can't explain I always liked Slo-Mo-Tion. It gets stuck in my head occasionally, but pretty much everything he's done since Golden Age has been unremarkable (if not cringe worthy at times) to me.

Although I do remember liking Wight Spider from High End of Low, haven't gone out of my way to listen to it in years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Gave it a once over, it's alright as far as the modern Manson output goes. I also hear the ACSS recording style except for the drums, maybe if they were EQ'ed a bit differently it would sound more spot on. I mean after the last (say)10 years of his material I've made peace with not getting the same level of intensity as the 90's albums had. I remember feeling a little resentful of Trent's comments back when he'd made them about Manson around Year Zero times but I pretty much now feel the same way. I mean I feel like Manson has basically said he's doing a self-aware parody of what "Marilyn Manson" means to people to some degree and just wants to ride off of his past notoriety, so more power to him I guess. If anything it makes me recognize why new NIN output still feels relevant to me, where Trent has more musically interesting things going on to me in place of the anger and intensity of broken and downward spiral.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Everyone keeps talking about Antichrist, but honestly, I'm hearing a lot more Holywood in the chorus. The guitar sounds like vintage John 5 from that album, if a little blander in tone and energy. The rest of the track is much closer to Born Villain stylings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It sounds pretty meh to me. Just another forgettable attempt at recreating the past. Manson houldn't even attempt to go for this type of sound anymore IMO, it just doesn't have the same impact it once did. The Pale Emperor was actually a breath of fresh air, this feels like a couple steps back. Hopefully the album will have at least a few good songs.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I dig it, will most likely wait to order the album until I hear more. TPE is a tough act to follow in my opinion (at least when we're talking about more recent Manson)

Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Everyone keeps talking about Antichrist, but honestly, I'm hearing a lot more Holywood in the chorus. The guitar sounds like vintage John 5 from that album, if a little blander in tone and energy. The rest of the track is much closer to Born Villain stylings.
    Couldn't agree more...more Holywood than Antichrist

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    i may have gotten a little overzealous about this track. the lyrics are pretty weak, no real flow at all...."i love the sound of shells hitting the ground"

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    And it continues, Manson liked NIN's most recent Instagram post. Maybe someone should ask Trent at that Q and A what the state of their relationship is these days since we've seen so much interaction online between them this past year or two.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    And it continues, Manson liked NIN's most recent Instagram post. Maybe someone should ask Trent at that Q and A what the state of their relationship is these days since we've seen so much interaction online between them this past year or two.
    I dunno, i think this could be one of those times we should just let them get on with it rather then badger Trent/Manson about it. It would be cool if they're on speaking terms and getting back to being friends (i think Manson needs some friends right now) but i don't think it's anything to do with us fans anymore, no disrespect to your post intended.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I dunno, i think this could be one of those times we should just let them get on with it rather then badger Trent/Manson about it. It would be cool if they're on speaking terms and getting back to being friends (i think Manson needs some friends right now) but i don't think it's anything to do with us fans anymore, no disrespect to your post intended.
    I donno, I kinda agree with @imail724 , I saw the news about the Q&A and I started thinking "What if I was there, what would I ask?" and the only thing cycling through my head that had any relevance was the state of MM and TR's relationship now. I think it's a worthwhile question to explore, even in 2017. There's just been way too many little hints from each artist to go unnoticed.