Page 46 of 135 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson

I cant believe we are judging music by technicality here. You’re doing it wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I cant believe we are judging music by technicality here. You’re doing it wrong.
    There's a rehearsal or interview with Trent (don't remember, perhaps it was something to do with Aaron North?) where he said that in auditions, he wasn't looking for some insanely competent guitarist who just stands there and plays perfectly. Much of Terrible Lie is just two notes but he wants those two notes to say "FUCK. YOU."

Passion and sincerity is much more important than technique, imo.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    There's a rehearsal or interview with Trent (don't remember, perhaps it was something to do with Aaron North?) where he said that in auditions, he wasn't looking for some insanely competent guitarist who just stands there and plays perfectly. Much of Terrible Lie is just two notes but he wants those two notes to say "FUCK. YOU."

Passion and sincerity is much more important than technique, imo.
    Ironically, he then hired Pino Palladino - one of the best touring bassists out there - to more or less just stand there and play the music really fucking well. Not a criticism - I know priorities and wants/needs change over time. (For the record, I loved him in the live lineup.)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Ironically, he then hired Pino Palladino - one of the best touring bassists out there - to more or less just stand there and play the music really fucking well. Not a criticism - I know priorities and wants/needs change over time. (For the record, I loved him in the live lineup.)
    One might say that it's due to the difference between the HM and WT eras, but you're actually right. Jeordie White was the bassist at the same time North was in the band, and they were polar opposites. Most of he time, Jeordie looked like he was bored and wanted to go home.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Manson should just put Johnny Depp in the band at this point...

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    What's with the "Thriller" jacket?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This album (while not great) has def struck a chord with me over time much more than TPE.

Tattooed in Reverse
    Kill4me
    Jesus Crisis (for as terrible as the lyrics are)
    Blood Honey
    Heaven Upside Down

All pretty solid, i'd venture to say Blood Honey is his best song since TGAOG era.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    This album (while not great) has def struck a chord with me over time much more than TPE.

All pretty solid.
    Agreed, on both accounts. Still don’t get the love for TPE but to each their own.

Hell, I’m enjoying this for a quick listen more than the newest NIN EP’s.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    When are he and Johnny just gonna fuck and get it over with

It’s nice to see him trying to get back to more cinematic music videos at least, even if these have all sucked so far. Loving the hardcore MySpace angle on him the entire time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Agreed, on both accounts. Still don’t get the love for TPE but to each their own.

Hell, I’m enjoying this for a quick listen more than the newest NIN EP’s.
    i hardly ever listen to the EPs, outside of the background world i'm indifferent to ever hearing them again.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Typical post 2009 MM music video. However, as stated above a few posts, it's good to see him actually putting in effort.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-14-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    goof
    freudian slip?

another lame video.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    . Loving the hardcore MySpace angle on him the entire time.
    You mean the "Hide my chin" angle, right?
    When the camera is close up he has his hands on his neck, lol.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    You mean the "Hide my chin" angle, right?
    When the camera is close up he has his hands on his neck, lol.
    That’s what I was getting at, yeah. Any day now we’re gonna get an all-CGI video at this point.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    freudian slip?

another lame video.
    Typo but it worked out for current affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    That’s what I was getting at, yeah. Any day now we’re gonna get an all-CGI video at this point.
    We almost had that already indirectly:

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Here is an article about the top 10 most underrated MM (non single) songs.
    Bit of a mixed bag here, there are a few duds on this list.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-09-...n-manson-songs

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Here is an article about the top 10 most underrated MM (non single) songs.
    Bit of a mixed bag here, there are a few duds on this list.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-09-...n-manson-songs
    Only song I don't like on there is Slave Only Dreams To Be King. Although a great cover, Working Class Hero shouldn't be on the list either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Manson should just put Johnny Depp in the band at this point...

Is Manson ever going to get bored with doing these pointlessly sexual videos? If you put Manson in Johnny Depp's role, and stick the band in there somewhere, this could be passed off as an unused TGAOG-era concept. It's getting more and more obvious that his classic era is well behind him. What the hell happened to the creative forces behind his 90s videos?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Girl fingering herself in the last video. Johnny having a 3 way with 2 girls in this video...real outside the box thinking in Mansons videos lately. Seems like hes putting as much effort into these videos as Motley Crue put into their vids

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    His face in this default video image instantly reminded me of...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Pogo is going off again.

Such an asshole

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Pogo is going off again.

Such an asshole
    Yeah, I read that he's going after Kurt Cobain. What a dumbass.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think he's hilarious! With the Kurt thing he was saying that nicking riffs and becoming just another rockstar was what did kurt in

I think even if you find his mouthing off tiresome, the guy is in the right regarding manson and was pretty much the first person to call twiggy out, he deserves credit on those fronts

And yep he hawks his stuff on eBay which people look down on (whilst they toil in ignominy at crap jobs), but he has turned down various offers to cash in on his past (writing a book, even rejoining MM) because he is just done with it, and that kind of integrity is pretty rare

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Another has-been dope, struggling to stay relevant.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I think he's hilarious! With the Kurt thing he was saying that nicking riffs and becoming just another rockstar was what did kurt in

I think even if you find his mouthing off tiresome, the guy is in the right regarding manson and was pretty much the first person to call twiggy out, he deserves credit on those fronts

And yep he hawks his stuff on eBay which people look down on (whilst they toil in ignominy at crap jobs), but he has turned down various offers to cash in on his past (writing a book, even rejoining MM) because he is just done with it, and that kind of integrity is pretty rare
    Hang on...you're telling me that people are giving him shit for selling his own things on ebay?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    the guy is in the right regarding manson
    About which time he said he wished Manson would die, get mutilated or kill himself?

What was it he said? "I want to be the tick in his side, the chigger", etc etc?

Integrity. Right.

We should honestly just fucking stop bringing his garbage up here. If he's not legitimately of unsound psychological health, he's a manchild crying for attention.

He's perfectly entitled to sell whatever he wants, it's his stuff, but the way he talks, whatever he did put out as a book wouldn't be fit to wipe anyone's ass with.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 11-22-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Hang on...you're telling me that people are giving him shit for selling his own things on ebay?
    Yeah I've seen it a few times
    @Shadaloo

Well to be fair manson did completely stitch him and various other members of the band up... how is complaining about that a sign he lacks integrity? Somebody ending your career is a big deal... I mean here you are complaining about his online posts and casting aspersions on his mental health and character... do you consider that a stain on your own integrity? You're both trash talking people you're displeased with, the difference being pogo actually knows the person he's dismissing & suffered greatly by his actions. I guess we see things differently. I agree it's unbecoming to air dirty laundry in public, but questioning integrity is a bit far. I mean how does it illustrate that he is untrustworthy or hypocritical. Maybe we define the term differently.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Yeah I've seen it a few times
    @Shadaloo

Well to be fair manson did completely stitch him and various other members of the band up... how is complaining about that a sign he lacks integrity? Somebody ending your career is a big deal... I mean here you are complaining about his online posts and casting aspersions on his mental health and character... do you consider that a stain on your own integrity? You're both trash talking people you're displeased with, the difference being pogo actually knows the person he's dismissing & suffered greatly by his actions. I guess we see things differently. I agree it's unbecoming to air dirty laundry in public, but questioning integrity is a bit far. I mean how does it illustrate that he is untrustworthy or hypocritical. Maybe we define the term differently.
    Wishing a violent death on someone is a far fucking cry from wondering if someone is legitimately disturbed or just an asshole. And that's all I'm doing, and no, I don't believe that reflects on my integrity in the slightest. All I can do is call 'em as I see 'em with the information I have available to me. So here I go:

You seem to suggest Manson kicked Pogo out or is responsible for being where he is now - as far as I'm aware it was Pogo who stopped returning his calls and became convinced Manson was a Nazi because he collected Nazi memorabilia around the EMDM period. I understand that the guy's got Jewish heritage so he'd have every right to be offended by that, but from there, from all I can tell, any attempts by Manson to patch things up have been met with spite and derision, spiraling down into facebook death-wishes.

So I don't see how any of that's got anything to do with where Pogo took himself after the split, whoever is responsible for it. Gidget Gein and Zim Zum did their own art-house projects after they left the band, Daisy joined JOJ and had his Three Ton Gate project, Ginger and John 5 are now doing rather well with Rob Zombie. Twiggy got involved with a ton of stuff as we all know, for whatever that's worth to anyone these days. None of their departures from Manson prevented them from having some kind of career in music or art independent of the guy.

Pogo started a project called - seriously, where's the integrity in that? - and seems to have left music after that went nowhere.

And that is a giant fucking shame to me because I will be the first person to come forth and say he had a huge hand in shaping the ethereal layers of the band's sound. Minute Of Decay live in 1997 was a beautiful thing. I have no fucking clue why he never joined another band or contributed his talents to something, anything, because he was good at what he did. He couldn't get over his own association with Manson and move forward, and just stopped. And I don't see how he can blame Manson for that.

So that's what I see now - a talented but extremely bitter man who can't let go of his own anger, who rebuffs attempts to patch things up, whose only foray into something independent was inextricably tied to his prior band, who now grumbles and utters death-wishes. And I see no integrity in that, just a pitiful display. He can complain all he wants, but actively wishing death on another human being is utterly despicable and the word 'integrity' has no place where that kind of behavior is concerned.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I remember reading the papers from the court case and as I recall (could be wrong), manson retained some of the money earned by partners (rather than members) of the band for investment or something, pogo started asking for the cash and one day arrived at the band's lockup but was denied entry and told he was sacked. Manson subsequently denied he was a partner, which as I recall (could be wrong), was actually disproved in court. I wish I could remember where I read all this!

As for stitching up other members, he unceremoniously booted skold because him and twiggy don't get on, he publicly bashed daisy and zim (unprofessional and uncalled for), was generally a cock to John 5 and ginger (ginger got paid fuck all), has assaulted various band members numerous times (many times on camera), made trent out to be unprofessional and unhelpful in his book (incredible), the list goes on... It's no secret the guy is a bell-end!

I think maybe we define the term stitch up differently... I don't mean to say he hamstrung any of these people or ruined their careers, just that he treated them badly. Also I'm not blaming manson for what pogo did (or didn't do) after his exit from the band - in fact I did state he rebuffed MM of his own accord

At the end of the day MM has always seemed to be on a mission to replace the partners in the band with employees who get paid less

I think it's a massive shame pogo has given up on music and I count MM as one of my favourite bands, but as far as I know all this stuff is true and it does paint a picture

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Okay, fair enough. Regional differences, stitch-up isn't part of my lingo

You're never going to hear me deny that Manson treated his bandmates like shit; there's way too much evidence of that for anyone to deny. I'm glad he got his money, but fucking over Ginger too - that's a detail I was unaware of. Ugh.

I do maintain this: The only person responsible for where MM is now versus where MM was in their heyday is Manson himself - Marilyn Manson as a band effort died with GOAG in my book. He singlehandedly alienated almost every single person who helped him get to the top, no doubt about that. At some point, he chose to become a rockstar caricature.

But these days he seems to be trying to turn that around. He's on good terms with Trent again, was with Daisy before he passed, supposedly is with John 5 too.

I'd like to believe he learned humility after stumbling a few times and it comes from a good place. I wouldn't blame any of them for not working with him anymore though.