Page 56 of 135 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    There's using fascist iconography ironically to make a point and ramp up the visual impact of something

Then there's getting a swastika tattoo so you can be like wooo a Nazi symbol. Nazis are evil and taboo... Am I maybe a Nazi? Woooo im so edgy and nearly fifty. Wooooo, etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    To continue the off-topic, I liked Colors more than I liked Morning Phase. Yeah, it was purely an unchallenging pop album with none of Beck's characteristic innovation or genre-bending, but it was better bouncy background music than most of the stuff I ran into last year that would usually serve that purpose—most everything else started to sound like Jack Antonoff ejaculated on it. Morning Phase seemed like an uninspired adult-contemporary derivate of Sea Change and Mutations and, though it's partially due to my own late-stage inattentiveness due to increasing disinterest, even after ten close listens (and a number of less attentive spins), I have trouble remembering much of anything off the album. Except "Wave." That song was fucking incredible.
    Well, I liked Morning Phase even more than Colors :P

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    You know a Manson thread is going great when it becomes the home of discussions about Beck

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I don't think Hanneman's owning Nazi paraphernalia necessarily made him a Nazi/Nazi supporter/sympathizer. The "sieg heil" salute, however...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    You know a Manson thread is going great when it becomes the home of discussions about Beck

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    "Don't give me that upity look, because you're not black."

What a piece of shit.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I think we should go back to talking about Beck on here. Its the ultimate fuck you to Manson...Personally, I thought Morning Phase was weak as well. Seemed to be a lesser rework of Sea Change. Especially disappointing considering he released those 20 minute long singles in 2013 (De-friended etc) which were the most exciting songs he had done in a decade. Then he follows those up with a mainstream adult contemporary album.....And Colors seemed to be grasping at the mainstream (having Taylor Swift come out and sing with him to promote the album etc)...Hard to believe this is the same guy who did 'Steve Threw Up"
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 04-03-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I think we should go back to talking about Beck on here. Its the ultimate fuck you to Manson...Personally, I thought Morning Phase was weak as well. Seemed to be a lesser rework of Sea Change. Especially disappointing considering he released those 20 minute long singles in 2013 (De-friended etc) which were the most exciting songs he had done in a decade. Then he follows those up with a mainstream adult contemporary album.....And Colors seemed to be grasping at the mainstream (having Taylor Swift come out and sing with him to promote the album etc)...Hard to believe this is the same guy who did 'Steve Threw Up"
    i didn't know about those singles, will definitely check them out. the last beck album i loved was Guero, which is just fucking solid and fun, while also being weird and interesting, which is exactly what i want out of beck.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i didn't know about those singles, will definitely check them out. the last beck album i loved was Guero, which is just fucking solid and fun, while also being weird and interesting, which is exactly what i want out of beck.
    If you want solid and fun stay clear of Morning Phase....The 3 singles from 2013 are "Defriended" "I Won't Be Long" and "Gimme"...All 3 have short versions but the 15 minute extended versions are where its at

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    but the 15 minute extended versions are where its at

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah but that looks so...cool... wow can't even commit to that joke in text haha. what a dumb logo. there are so many ways to do interesting gemotrical shapes / mandalas without making them look even remotely like swastikas so i don't get why people keep doing shit like that other than to be ~edgy~
    I see a throwing star. Manson's definitely looks like a swastika, but the Metallica one makes me think of ninjas.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    ^Literally every single other kid I discussed Metallica with at the time called it "The Metallica ninja star."

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    You know the Beck thread is going well when it's become the Metallica ninja star thread

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I guess this thread will be open for about another week.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Potentially more related to the artist or man or less: every time I see this thread at the top I feel a sense of dread. Only one?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Potentially more related to the artist or man or less: every time I see this thread at the top I feel a sense of dread. Only one?
    For now, you shouldn't. Once the summer tour starts and all the bad options are there, readily available for him to partake in, then you should start to worry.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    What page number do you reckon the thread will be on when he dies? I reckon 72

I would dearly love him to straighten up and do something totally different

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Apparently Manson's going to be on the upcoming season of the Norman Reedus motorcycle show, he'll be riding in the sidecar along with Norman no less.

This i gotta see.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    What page number do you reckon the thread will be on when he dies? I reckon 72

I would dearly love him to straighten up and do something totally different
    I agree that he's become an embarrassing shit show and I take shots at him regularly (mostly because I remember how great he used to be), but speculating on how soon he's going to die is taking things to a whole new level of poor taste.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I agree that he's become an embarrassing shit show and I take shots at him regularly (mostly because I remember how great he used to be), but speculating on how soon he's going to die is taking things to a whole new level of poor taste.
    I'm very sorry to have sullied the thread about the manchild with Nazi tattoos who fetishises domestic abuse

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Exactly. Why does Big Brian get a pass?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    In fairness, this is the only forum I post on, I respect all you guys and consider myself a guest in your house, wont happen again.

But! He's a naughty boy and complaining about poor taste in a thread about him is like bemoaning bad language in a Richard pryor thread.

But anyway, enough before I denigrate this non apology any further

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Exactly. Why does Big Brian get a pass?
    I'm not saying he deserves a pass at all. I just think it's kind of a messed up thing to say. In fact, it's the kind of thing "Big Brian" would say, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    In fairness, this is the only forum I post on, I respect all you guys and consider myself a guest in your house, wont happen again.

But! He's a naughty boy and complaining about poor taste in a thread about him is like bemoaning bad language in a Richard pryor thread.
    Touché.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 04-08-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    This performance actually isn't half bad!
    Just too bad he doesn't bother to perform this way at his own shows. Goes to show you the guy still has it in him if he cleaned himself up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The last time I saw Manson in 2015 (I think) it was fantastic. He performed so hard like he had something to prove. With how he's been on stage lately, I don't want to see him. I want to remember how awesome he was, not remember him stumbling around drunk onstage. And I only want to go to the Twins of Evil II (which...why are they trying this again?) to see Rob Zombie. But where they're playing in my city is too far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just saw him here in MN a couple months ago and honestly, he must have good days and bad days. He sounded amazing! I was shocked at how good he was this tour after hearing he has some bad nights. Traveling to St.Louis to see him with Rob Zombie in a couple months. Hopefully he is good then too!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I've seen Manson numerous times over the last few years, every time he comes to Boston. He always puts on a good show. I know a bad show when I see it (Pumpkins in 2008, Scott Weiland during the last few years), and Manson delivers the goods.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    He’s a very hit or miss performer but when he hits he really hits (the opposite is true as well). I feel like touring with SP helped him focus a lot on trying to keep it together, and he was on a pretty good upward climb at the time, and then last year happened. It’s weird he hasn’t hit up Florida since 2015 since this has always been a state he does dates in.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    He’s a very hit or miss performer but when he hits he really hits (the opposite is true as well). I feel like touring with SP helped him focus a lot on trying to keep it together, and he was on a pretty good upward climb at the time, and then last year happened. It’s weird he hasn’t hit up Florida since 2015 since this has always been a state he does dates in.
    maybe since his dad died he's felt like he can't go "home"?