Page 52 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That was a hard watch, I never seen videos of him getting booed, well from his prime. I wish there was someone who can get through to him and get his fucking ass into rehab.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    And that's exactly why I don't feel at all butthurt about missing the Grand Rapids show last week.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    My friend was at that show. She wanted me to go with her. I told her if I wanted to watch some fat drunk fall off the stage and sing out of tune, I would go to a karaoke bar. Seeing what a shitshow this was, I wish I had went

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    Oh jeez... Apparently, he was drunk or high as hell during the meet and greet too.

https://www.newsday.com/entertainmen...unt-1.16800038
    Damn that's pathetic. I was considering getting tix too since the show is around the block from me. Glad I didn't.

Last edited by imail724; 02-16-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Damn that's pathetic. I was considering getting tix too since the show is around the block from me. Glad I didn't.

LOL, I did like the shout out to Boston. "We just came from Boston... We just came from Boston...." He did say "Boston, you are the best audience of the tour..." on Monday Night. I guess he meant it this time around, lol. You New Yorkers need to try harder (just messing around).
    Last edited by renton44; 02-16-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Audiences have changed. It’s getting harder for performers to get and capture people’s attention for more than 10 minutes, let alone a full show. Way too many people at concerts are not even there, they’re making shitty quality videos and posting them on social media while there is a show unfolding right in front of them.

That must be very frustrating for performers who didn’t have to deal with that nonsense before. Add alcohol and/or drugs to the mix and we get the performer trying to get even with the crowd.

It’s a 2-way street. I wish Manson got his shit together and I wish fans were able to be in the present instead of being dettached from their surroundings cause they can’t put their fucking phones away.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Man, I wish I went to Huntington and saw this disaster. I live on Long Island, Huntington is not even 20 minutes from me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Audiences have changed. It’s getting harder for performers to get and capture people’s attention for more than 10 minutes, let alone a full show. Way too many people at concerts are not even there, they’re making shitty quality videos and posting them on social media while there is a show unfolding right in front of them.
    Honestly, I think it depends on the band and the audience they attract. I've been to plenty of shows where the entire crowd were 100% fully into it and were there for the band and the music and not just there making videos. Those shows are amazing, but again it depends on the band/artist. Some bands just seem to attract shitty elements in their crowds.

Watching videos from Manson's show at The Paramount, it seemed like the crowd were into it and responding. I think Manson was just being his belligerent, drunk usual self that's been known for the last few years now. He played Long Island before when he came to Jones Beach for the Smashing Pumpkins co-tour. Guessing Manson was drunker this time.

Honestly, I'm getting the feeling that Marilyn Manson is bored being Marilyn Manson. I think he may be just sick of having to do the usual shtick over and over every night. It's sad because I don't think he's allowed to be anything else with his fans. They expect him to behave a certain way and play certain songs. It must suck to not be able to branch out and do something different. He has to keep playing this character and playing up to people's expectations. It really does seem like he his bored.
    Last edited by neorev; 02-16-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    This guy is clearly mixing meds and alcohol and it’s not a good combo. There’s zero defending this kind of a trainwreck. Everybody who thought the show a couple years ago where he literally fell offstage was bad should see fhis ridiculous shit. People who went to the meet and greet say he was trashed then and the guy passed out onstage after half-performing for six songs. At least Tyler Bates got out while the going was good.

It’s such a shame because I can think of few artists of his generation who’s been given more endless chances from his fans than Manson has. When do people just stop coming out to these shows? At one point do people get fed up with it? He gets his shit together for a few months, puts on some alright hour-long sets, then the backslide begins again and we get a show like this almost every single tour for an entire decade. This is some High End of Low tour shit.

It’s baffling how he’s always able to do this — he put out an album that a lot of fans were into even if I hated it, had people like Trent Reznor backing him up a bit again, hinted at doing a song together live and then he shows up to Marc Maron’s garage with a water bottle full of vodka and went and wrecked his leg on the stupidest prop imaginable and now we’re getting this. The idea of a headliner doing 14 songs at most a night when they have 20+ years of music to pick from is already absurd but to not know if you’re even going to get that when you drop ~100 bucks on tickets is insane. Part of me worries this guy isn’t going to be around much longer but another part of me is just so used to this ridiculous cycle tour after tour after tour that I don’t even feel surprised — this is just what he does. Aside from the Smashing Pumpkins tour it doesn’t seem like he’s managed a single cycle without having something like this happen. I’m amazed he can even get booked as a headliner at this point or get any self-respecting musician to be in his touring band.

If the guy really wanted help, he’d have it, because it’s pretty obvious it’s been offered to him plenty. He gets chance after chance after chance, does things with just enough promise to rope people back in and then in one way or another torpedoes it again and again. It’s at a point where if I did get tickets to a show I’d make sure I had a backup plan in case something like this happened.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm watching the videos and this is fucking ridiculous. This is not at all a shitty crowd thing. This was 100% all on Marilyn Manson. The place looked packed too. People were into it and cheering and responding. All he did was berate the crowd and slur his way through songs. Fucking sad.

I'm guessing he did these long winded monologues and that atrocious freestyle jam because he knew he needed to perform a certain length of time to get paid. He phoned it in.

I don't know who I feel more sorry for... the crowd for getting a half assed show or his band who has to put up with this shit and just play along.
    Last edited by neorev; 02-16-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    There's nothing particularly cool about a guy on the cusp of 50 drunkenly berating his audience and purposely bombing. He could have maybe gotten away with it twenty years ago and dismissed it as part of the show, but that doesn't fly now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Honestly, I think it depends on the band and the audience they attract. I've been to plenty of shows where the entire crowd were 100% fully into it and were there for the band and the music and not just there making videos. Those shows are amazing, but again it depends on the band/artist. Some bands just seem to attract shitty elements in their crowds.

Watching videos from Manson's show at The Paramount, it seemed like the crowd were into it and responding. I think Manson was just being his belligerent, drunk usual self that's been known for the last few years now. He played Long Island before when he came to Jones Beach for the Smashing Pumpkins co-tour. Guessing Manson was drunker this time.

Honestly, I'm getting the feeling that Marilyn Manson is bored being Marilyn Manson. I think he may be just sick of having to do the usual shtick over and over every night. It's sad because I don't think he's allowed to be anything else with his fans. They expect him to behave a certain way and play certain songs. It must suck to not be able to branch out and do something different. He has to keep playing this character and playing up to people's expectations. It really does seem like he his bored.
    He doesn’t have to. He should kill Marilyn Manson, kinda like Ziggy.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    He's been bored of the character since the early 2000s. He might have had some luck giving himself another name and different appearance starting with GOAG and really gone in full-tilt with the whole grotesque-burlesque Berilin Mickey Mouse shtick, but it only ever came out half-baked and unfocused. After that, he arguably really did try to incorporate himself into the character starting with EMDM.

He never could let go of the idea of 'MM', really. It's unfortunate; I remember people used to say he was going to be the next Bowie because homages aside, he did seem to want to reinvent himself constantly. A shame that never went beyond the surface levels of Omega and the Mechanical Animals.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Weird. He just gave a solid show in Boston...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    He doesn’t have to. He should kill Marilyn Manson, kinda like Ziggy.
    The whole prop falling on his head may have been a start...Although he may be taking it too literally

Pogo having a big ol laugh on fb about it

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Weird. He just gave a solid show in Boston...
    "Cocaine's a hell of a drug"

-Rick James

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    "Cocaine's a hell of a drug"

-Rick James
    I hope this isn't another Scott Weiland kind of thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Wooooo boy..
    Check that guy's feed for the rest of the videos. Manson's been a ticking time bomb for years but I suspect he may be nearing the end. Very sad.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flashback8 View Post
    Check that guy's feed for the rest of the videos. Manson's been a ticking time bomb for years but I suspect he may be nearing the end. Very sad.
    At this point, people are probably going to his shows and filming exclusively in anticipation of performances like this. Hell, I bet Manson fans could easily make an AVOTT-style "Downfall of Manson" doc based on the footage we've seen just from this tour alone..

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    At this point, people are probably going to his shows and filming exclusively in anticipation of performances like this. Hell, I bet Manson fans could easily make an AVOTT-style "Downfall of Manson" doc based on the footage we've seen just from this tour alone..
    That's funny, coming from the guy who facepalmed me for agreeing with a bad review of a show not too long ago.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Wooooo boy..
    It's like they made the concept of The Downward Spiral into a movie.

I really want him to get himself together, I really do.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Looks like he rebounded last night and put in a 17 song set too. Irresponsible Hate Anthem and the cover of Pattie Smith's Rock and Roll N#### made the set. I haven't heard them play that last one in over 10 years I think.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I hope that you guys understand that it isn't as easy as "go to rehab."
    I've lost count of the number of times i've been to rehab, and while i'm way, way better than i used to be, i'm still not completely sober.
    Also, i'f you're a real alcoholic/addict, the very idea of help can be terrifying.
    And it doesn't make a fuck that he's a rock star: this disease doesn't care who you are or what you do. It is not a respecter of persons.

I haven't really kept up with MM, but i thought it was pretty fucking bad ass in the early 90s. For that reason, and more importantly, the fact that i've been through insanely rough, waking-up-in-the-hospital every few months types of shit, i REALLY, REALLY feel bad for him.

10 to 1 the guy is insanely miserable and wishes he could find some way out of it. I HIGHLY doubt he's like pocketing your money and laughing all the way to the bank or whatever.

That's just my take on it. I hope to god he gets better.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I would also like to allow that it's possible that I'm dead wrong about Manson. You guys know more about him than I do.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I hope that you guys understand that it isn't as easy as "go to rehab."
    I've lost count of the number of times i've been to rehab, and while i'm way, way better than i used to be, i'm still not completely sober.
    Also, i'f you're a real alcoholic/addict, the very idea of help can be terrifying.
    And it doesn't make a fuck that he's a rock star: this disease doesn't care who you are or what you do. It is not a respecter of persons.

I haven't really kept up with MM, but i thought it was pretty fucking bad ass in the early 90s. For that reason, and more importantly, the fact that i've been through insanely rough, waking-up-in-the-hospital every few months types of shit, i REALLY, REALLY feel bad for him.

10 to 1 the guy is insanely miserable and wishes he could find some way out of it. I HIGHLY doubt he's like pocketing your money and laughing all the way to the bank or whatever.

That's just my take on it. I hope to god he gets better.
    I agree with you, but I think that most people are angry because they believe that Manson hasn't put any effort towards himself nor in any sort of recovery.

Not saying that is how it is, but it's hard not to think that, with things he sometimes says in interviews and how he acts (Flicking an interviewer in the balls, jumping at him with a fake gun and such)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    I agree with you, but I think that most people are angry because they believe that Manson hasn't put any effort towards himself nor in any sort of recovery.

Not saying that is how it is, but it's hard not to think that, with things he sometimes says in interviews and how he acts (Flicking an interviewer in the balls, jumping at him with a fake gun and such)
    I can honestly say from watching interviews, videos, live performances and other various forms of media with Manson over the past 10 years that his flirtation with substance abuse has ruined her career. It firmly started in the 2009 time frame from my own opinion. The High End Of Low was the turning point for mediocrity and paint by numbers for his music. His fallout with Evan Rachel Wood changed him forever from that point on. I think he's trying to fill a void in his life with alcohol. Ever since Evan, he hasn't had the same steady girlfriend from album to album (maybe Stoya, don't remember), no stable band members with camaraderie besides Twiggy (whom seemed distant and hands off really after THEOL) and he lost both parents within that time frame too, his father as of last year.

I feel he doesn't really focus on music as much as he acts like he does. He used to take pride in his word play and thematics but that's all but absent for the most part these days. I wouldn't say he's phoning it in but his enthusiasm and passion isn't as high as it used to be as it shows. Eat Me, Drink Me was his last high note to me and everything since has been a rung below with focus. Even the strong Pale Emperor album he had a lack of focus with thematics and his lyricism.

I digress.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Manson was on as much blow during the Mechanical Animals era as he was in 2009...He was able to handle it back then or whatever. Like any musician fucked up on drugs, it takes a few years or decade til they can't handle it anymore and their live shows/creativity suffer....Trent was fucked out of his skull on TDS tour and put on the best shows ever..By Fragility, it was taking its toll...I think Manson will be dead by the summer. I remember when there was a viral video on youtube of Scott Weiland slurring the words to all his songs and singing out of tune and making a fool of himself..I said then he would be dead within 6 months. I think he OD'ed 4 months or so later....Manson doesnt have much longer

A wise man once said...Manson has become a dopey clown. Drugs and alcohol now rule his life

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I remember watching an interview he did with Henry Rollins I think in 2006/2007 where he was carrying a drink on his hand and was talking about things he did years ago as if it still happened and he was clutching on his drink. It's been going on for a long time and I think we're about to see the end.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I remember watching an interview he did with Henry Rollins I think in 2006/2007 where he was carrying a drink on his hand and was talking about things he did years ago as if it still happened and he was clutching on his drink. It's been going on for a long time and I think we're about to see the end.
    I love that interview. Just watching this and now you can tell the difference.