Page 7 of 135 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    While I'm confident in the crew involved here, Manson's vocals and lyrics can make or break his songs, and I'm less than confident in his writing when the title is quite possibly the lamest name for anything that I will have ever willingly paid money for.

I'd be happy with a aingle today and I don't mind the release getting delayed if that means they make it not suck.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    https://mobile.twitter.com/CDW_River...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Don't know how reliable this twitter account is, but it's coinciding with info from past posts.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's odd because the goon moon LP was absolutely brilliant, but twig just doesnt seem to bring much to theol and bv. I think maybe they were too beholden to what an MM record should sound like. Their two best records were departures though!

Holy wood would be a borderline indie album without the bonehead metal stuff and generic singles (nobodies excluded). But again the mosh crowd was their bread and butter back then, so I guess they felt they had to

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Drove one hour home from work and still nothing lol Damnit Manson!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-14-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Even an update by anyone involved in the band would be nice. Twiggy and Manson both have active Twitter accounts say something damn it >.>

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Manson is to Say10 as Trent is to the Physical Component.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So, did the guy die or something?

Maybe he got too drunk and forgot about the album release, lol

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    He was probably too coked out of his face to realize that albums aren't released on Tuesday's anymore like they used to be. He probably saw an opportunity to potentially release the record on "Valentine's Day" When he noticed it fell on a Tuesday, but new releases have been changed to Friday's now. Someone probably corrected him and then he felt like a fool and didn't want to admit anything so he just brushed it under the rug.

Guess that still doesn't stop from releasing it online, but he doesn't seem like the online kinda guy.

His album release schedules are just as bad as his live shows now. Just when we thought we could still kinda count on Manson being a decent studio artist....

Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    Even an update by anyone involved in the band would be nice. Twiggy and Manson both have active Twitter accounts say something damn it >.>
    For what it's worth, Tyler tweeted an apology. https://twitter.com/tylershields?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

It would still be good to have been given an explanation or something... But I mean, nothing at all? No single? No video? No anything??
    Someone dropped the ball hard on this.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 02-15-2017 at 02:16 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    He was probably too coked out of his face to realize that albums aren't released on Tuesday's anymore like they used to be. He probably saw an opportunity to potentially release the record on "Valentine's Day" When he noticed it fell on a Tuesday, but new releases have been changed to Friday's now. Someone probably corrected him and then he felt like a fool and didn't want to admit anything so he just brushed it under the rug.

Guess that still doesn't stop from releasing it online, but he doesn't seem like the online kinda guy.

His album release schedules are just as bad as his live shows now. Just when we thought we could still kinda count on Manson being a decent studio artist....

For what it's worth, Tyler tweeted an apology. https://twitter.com/tylershields?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

It would still be good to have been given an explanation or something... But I mean, nothing at all? No single? No video? No anything??
    Someone dropped the ball hard on this.
    who is tyler shields and what does he have to do with MM? i see that he was "making magic with [him] all weekend" but i'm assuming that was photography, since he's a photographer.

tyler BATES is who produced the album...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    He either did artwork or directed some sort of video. That's my guess.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    who is tyler shields and what does he have to do with MM? i see that he was "making magic with [him] all weekend" but i'm assuming that was photography, since he's a photographer.

tyler BATES is who produced the album...
    I was asking myself the same question. I got the link from the facebook comments of Manson's last FB post. When you click on his tweet and expand the "sorry guys" to the comments section, the whole wide world seems to know this guy is associated w/ MM somehow. Everyone was just tearing the guy a new asshole. "Where's the album? "Fuck you and Manson" etc...

But yeah, judging from his line of work, as Conan said... probably involved with the artwork or the music videos or something.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    If I'd been in charge of things, Holywood would have looked a lot bloody different. As I said in my earlier post, I think it seriously suffers from bloat—like most Manson albums tend do—and I'd cut it down pretty viciously. Here's what it'd look like.

01. "The Nobodies"
    02. "The Love Song"
    03. "Target Audience"
    04. "In the Shadow of the Valley of Death"
    05. "Lamb of God"
    06. "The Death Song"
    07. "Born Again"
    08. "Valentine's Day"
    09. "The Fall of Adam"
    10. "Count to Six & Die"

That being said, each of the nine songs I cast off of the thing are better than anything off of Born Villain and most of The High End of Low.
    No Coma Black?

In regard to the new album, really bummed. I didn't actually expect the album but thought we might at least get a Single or Video or some information on the record. It's pretty typical for MM to throw out random release info like they're facts - not sure why I fell for it again.

Could someone from his management, or even himself not just be upfront with the fans? It only takes 5 seconds to tweet something.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    this probably won't happen, but i'd immediately be ten times more apt to listen to his new record if it didn't have his dumb face on the cover for once.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    this probably won't happen, but i'd immediately be ten times more apt to listen to his new record if it didn't have his dumb face on the cover for once.
    Lol holy shit, now that you said something, there hasn't been a Manson free cover since POAAF.

Jesus.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Lol holy shit, now that you said something, there hasn't been a Manson free cover since POAAF.

Jesus.
    The only one I can think of (off the top of my head) is Remix & Repent, which obviously isn't even an album.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

Jesus.
    I was also just thinking about that again. That's also until you look at the back of POAAF, which also shows his face, but as far as the front album cover, that really is the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The only one I can think of (off the top of my head) is Remix & Repent, which obviously isn't even an album.
    And The Last Tour on Earth and Lest We Forget: The Best Of (If you don't count the painting and are strictly talking about real pictures of MM's face.), which also aren't actual albums either.

As for Say10, in all seriousness, I was also skeptical since the official site stayed the same, without any trace of it on Amazon.com. And on top of that, Say10 is still deemed to be the working title. Visiting the official site and checking out Amazon is what I always do whenever any musicians claim that they're releasing anything.

I suppose as long as it comes out with in the year, it's not technically all that late since it's often between 2 years per MM album anyway, and 3-4 years at the most from what's happened before so far. I'm also not going to deny that it was definitely very bad timing though, but it still would've been cool if it actually came out yesterday. My other guess is that perhaps MM was just side-tracked again (Via other projects or *Insert references to drugs, tomfoolery and procrastination here.*), and thought that he could meet that deadline and deliver, but simply didn't.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Hopefully Friday?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Hopefully Friday?
    Not happening.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    I'm not bothered by it when they do covers like Antichrist Superstar, Holy Wood, Eat Me Drink Me or The Pale Emperor. The Golden Age of Grotesque, Born Villain and The High End of Low are atrocious in my book. Mechanical Animals falls right in the middle.

I prefer the covers that are a bit more contextual. Nobody needs a close-up of Manson's face, no matter the amount of makeup.

Bowie's on almost every cover of his, Numan does the same afaik, and that never bothered me. At least show a bit of creativity, that's all. Holding glow stick or gluing stuff to your face doesn't count.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    So Manson unfollowed twiggy on twitter.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    So Manson unfollowed twiggy on twitter.
    Meanwhile, in the Say10 studio...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Dun dun duuunnnn.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I hate that movie
    Haha! Glad I'm not the only one, there's so many stupid scenes in that movie that are not funny. Very few chuckles were given out when I watched it a few times. I just "don't get it" I guess.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    People are trolling the Wikipedia page. New album is now called "Say420".

I'm late as shit to this party, but fucking "Merlin Mansob" just made me LOSE IT at my desk.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    I'm not bothered by it when they do covers like Antichrist Superstar, Holy Wood, Eat Me Drink Me or The Pale Emperor. The Golden Age of Grotesque, Born Villain and The High End of Low are atrocious in my book. Mechanical Animals falls right in the middle.

I prefer the covers that are a bit more contextual. Nobody needs a close-up of Manson's face, no matter the amount of makeup.

Bowie's on almost every cover of his, Numan does the same afaik, and that never bothered me. At least show a bit of creativity, that's all. Holding glow stick or gluing stuff to your face doesn't count.
    I agree, we don't need another "lazy" cover", it like he's not trying anymore.
    He also doesn't need to be in EVERY cover, but if he has to at least "distort" the image, stay away from the "dark patterns" or maybe do a painting... anything it's more creative than "Born Villain".
    Bowie is in every cover but at least he got creative and that's why it's not boring to look at his albums (just look the covers for "Aladdin Sane", "Lodger", "Outside" or "Scary Monsters").

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    not blackstar.

anyway, lol at merlin mansob. my mom accidentally referred to him as marla mason once.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Merlin Mansob
    Bolly Crogan
    Troy W. Wrezznik
    etc.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    As long as we're talking covers, I really liked The Pale Emperor's art -- it seemed reminescent of the Hannibal TV series that he is a known fan of and it seemed less obsessed with his face and more about his presence, it seemed emotion-based instead of image-based and was simple yet compelling to me.

Born Villain's cover is just the most incredible documentation of what coke can do to a nose and it should be in every DARE program handbook nationwide.