Page 4 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Trent signed Manson long before Antichrist was being worked out. He was absolutely involved in the demo process as well. This was a big, major label release with a gigantic push behind it. The producer and writers would be involved from very early on, especially b/c they were a young band still. This wasn't a near broke hardcore band renting some studio time, hiring a producer and handing their demo ideas over for him to streamline.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    So I'm revisiting the discography this week. And I've hit EMDM.

It might have clicked, sorta. I'm not doing a complete 360 here, but I think I only hate three songs on it now, which is a vast improvement over not being able to stand the whole thing, as I did for years.

Looking back, I can say with time and distance, my dislike for it was definitely in some part reactionary, as it marked the proof that the band I had loved for years - just over a decade in fact at that point (holy Christables) was no more. I suppose that now I look at is as marking the beginning of a new era of MM as something less of a band and more 'Brian Warner plus collaborators' ala BiCorg. When I put it side by side with everything that came after, it feels more at home than if I try to compare it to prior works.

"Are You The Rabbit"' is still one massive, stinking shitpile of a song though.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post

New album was supposed to drop on that date. Say 10, or whatever.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    New album was supposed to drop on that date. Say 10, or whatever.
    I'd say it's a single release. There would be hype already if it was the album.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I still want to know what happened with the ACSS box set that was supposed to come out October 21st.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    he could pull a radiohead move...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Radiohead?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I'd say it's a single release. There would be hype already if it was the album.
    He already said it way back when. It's the album...

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/0...ines-day-2017/

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Well, no, it's not, since nothing dropped anyway

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I still want to know what happened with the ACSS box set that was supposed to come out October 21st.
    I thought the excuse was the master tapes are lost or something.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I thought the excuse was the master tapes are lost or something.
    Nope, he announced it and never said anything else about it. You're confusing the master tapes thing with what he said in his bio 10 years ago lol

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I have been always taking his offers with a grain of salt since the infamous holy wood book.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Well, no, it's not, since nothing dropped anyway
    LOL, wut?

not sure what there's to debate here unless it ends up being something different... in the future. February 14th is still nearly three weeks away. He already stated in summer that the new album is coming out on Valentines Day.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    My bad, I'm not sure if I was already in February in my head or if I read January, anyway, wrong space-time!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    "fire hazard", first single to be released on the 14th.

hooray ...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    "fire hazard", first single to be released on the 14th.

hooray ...
    Why you gonna post something like that and purpously not include a source?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Why you gonna post something like that and purpously not include a source?
    I think he's just inferring that from the Instagram post above.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I digitised an old Australian radio interview I recorded to cassette tape back in 1997, and popped it on YouTube here -

Some of you may be interested. Apologies for the poor quality in places.

There's a loose NIN spotting at around 6:26 (a question about Reznor is asked).

Those Australian fans will probably recognise the radio presenter, from Triple J.
    Last edited by muad'nin; 01-27-2017 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Tidied-up YouTube embed.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Sorry for bumping this in advance and getting everyone's hope's up with news... but...

Who here thinks we're gonna get the album next week still? Feb 14th is next Tuesday and the MM camp has been super quiet ever since they released that half assed video back in November. I mean... not even a single or anything to tie us over? I have a feeling this album has been pushed back and won't be releasing next week. I'd love to be wrong, but there has been virtually nothing that indicates the album is still on track for a Valentine's day release.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Don't see why we wouldn't regarding that fairly recent IG post. Get at least something in the form of new music, anyways.

"Half-assed" is what we should expect from MM these days, and ain't talking about his assless chaps.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Eh, half-assed or not, there is still something magical about a new MM release. Don't care what anyone says, always look forward to new music for the guy.

Hoping for a debut song in John Wick: Chapter 2 this weekend. I know we was featured in the last movie when it came out, and Tyler bates is producing the soundtrack again, hopefully he slips something in. He's working w/ Manson again on SAY10 if I recall correctly. I'll be catching the flick Thursday night, so if there's anything I'll report it here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BQXKAyIlp7j/

"And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Maybe the album will be available via download on 2/14, with a physical release sometime later?

On another note, you know what would be cool? Another Manson/Corgan collaboration. Didn't Billy help write/guide MA, arguably Manson's best, or second best album? They toured together a few years ago, are on good terms, so why not?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I say MM just says fuck it and does another ACSS type album with industrial elements.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I say MM just says fuck it and does another ACSS type album with industrial elements.
    Then he will be accused of living in the past.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Then he will be accused of living in the past.
    So, back to BV and THEOL then.
    Although Eat Me Drink Me is my least favorite, that's still a release I respect more than those two. Manson is capable of trying new things and challenging himself, I hate when he goes back to standard ACSS mode. At least some sort of concept and constraint force him to fucking focus, and when he's focused he's actually great, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I like Manson m, but not to put him in the same league as these two. But, did Gary Numan and David Bowie ever had fans that wanted to see them go back to ways of the past?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I like Manson m, but not to put him in the same league as these two. But, did Gary Numan and David Bowie ever had fans that wanted to see them go back to ways of the past?
    Well Outside and Earthling pissed off quite a few people who thought he was falling victim to passing musical fads, forgetting that the man always was a mutant anyway.
    There's always that kind of fan I think, who don't think their artist of choice is well-equipped to tread new ground, and who believe they'd better go back to their roots.
    To each their own I guess, they're not necessarily wrong, personally I just have more respect for artists who try to explore.