Page 122 of 135 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,660 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Yes it was me. Not sure why I was in such a cunty mood that night, that behavior is not a way I act online or in person. At the time Hau Ruck had recently come out and I was spinning that album almost non stopped.

I do not like making anyone feel disheartened and or upset, I PM'd TR apologizing about it, a quick sentence or two. He actually replied saying something quick like "it's ok, forget about it. - TR"

A year or so later Sheridan accepted me, and a few others, as NIN.COM/REMIX mods. There was one night where RS and TR were in the NIN.COM chat room, a very rare appearance.

I guess RS remembered my username (snaapz) because the moment I joined Rob gave me voice (meaning none of the 100 others could actually type a message in the chat room, just me, RS and TR) Rob said "snaapz you're up!"

This caught me way off guard, I was instantly chatting with TR. After 1 minute I couldn't think of a god damned thing to say, not even HI!, even though there were dozens of good things I should have instantly said, complimented, or asked

TR eventually wrote "didn't I yell at you once?"

but hey at the end of the day hau rock is a pretty good album

And you got a page on NINwiki. That's pretty cool! At least he didn't tell you to suck his (entire) cock

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    but hey at the end of the day hau rock is a pretty good album

And you got a page on NINwiki. That's pretty cool! At least he didn't tell you to suck his (entire) cock

Is him saying "suck my entire cock" supposed to be a bad thing? I'm straight and happily married, but....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here’s that old RS article, back when Manson was sober or smarter or whatever:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...y-face-106304/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I feel like this album is going to piss off a lot of the dumber Manson fans...or they're just going to pretend to love it because it's Manson.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I love the intro to Don't Chase The Dead so much. Sounds like something out of a dark sci-fi movie from the 80s.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    How crazy would it be if Manson and Pogo fixed their problems and Twiggy, John 5 and Ginger came back as well and they made a album...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Who here wants to guess how long Brian and Shooter remain on speaking terms? I give it 3 years, maybe 2. Anyone think they’ll make another album together?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    How crazy would it be if Manson and Pogo fixed their problems and Twiggy, John 5 and Ginger came back as well and they made a album...
    I think Twiggy has some serious atoning to do before anything like that could happen. But allegations aside, Twiggy and John 5 have been my favorite MM members and it would be nice it they actually felt like a band again. It's been a revolving door of hired guns for so long that the "band" has slowly turned into a Manson solo project with a new team hired for every album. He doesn't need to make a "Brian Warner" album like some have suggested, because I think the last three albums have essentially been exactly that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    And D'arcy finally rejoined the Smashing Pumpkins and they embarked on the "When We Was Fab" Tour

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rather have Skold back than Twiggy, tbh. I thought he was a better songwriter and instrumentalist.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Twiggy - I don't know what it would take for the public to accept him again
    Ginger - Rob offered to let him go back to Manson, whose joking response was "You break it, you bought it". No idea how Ginger feels.
    John 5 - Though they're apparently still on good terms, their working relationship went to shit by the end of GOAG. You can only hit someone with a mic stand so many times...

Pogo - Can get fucked. From 2009:
    "I want to make clear that, aside from the wasted legal fees, in no way did I pay off the person that stood behind a keyboard--pretending to play music other artists in this band wrote. And I would not piss on Pogo if he was on fire. Thee end. Or is it? Let's wait until all the really bad things I covered up for him are suddenly uncovered. I got a far more severe type of karma for traitors and people that owe me, legally alot more than what I wasted tolerating your rape of a band you never deserved to be in. M"

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I can't imagine his relationship with John and Ginger is that bad considering all the Zombie/Manson tours there has been.

Shame about Juan though, Manson's new band sounded tight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Manson - Vocals
    John 5 - Guitar
    Skold - Bass
    Ginger - Drums
    Josh Silver - Keyboards

A man can dream.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Yes it was me. Not sure why I was in such a cunty mood that night, that behavior is not a way I act online or in person. At the time Hau Ruck had recently come out and I was spinning that album almost non stopped.

I do not like making anyone feel disheartened and or upset, I PM'd TR apologizing about it, a quick sentence or two. He actually replied saying something quick like "it's ok, forget about it. - TR"

A year or so later Sheridan accepted me, and a few others, as NIN.COM/REMIX mods. There was one night where RS and TR were in the NIN.COM chat room, a very rare appearance.

I guess RS remembered my username (snaapz) because the moment I joined Rob gave me voice (meaning none of the 100 others could actually type a message in the chat room, just me, RS and TR) Rob said "snaapz you're up!"

This caught me way off guard, I was instantly chatting with TR. After 1 minute I couldn't think of a god damned thing to say, not even HI!, even though there were dozens of good things I should have instantly said, complimented, or asked

TR eventually wrote "didn't I yell at you once?"
    That story is the most weirdly wholesome thing I've seen on this board.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Manson seems to still be friendly with John and Ginger, but I doubt they would leave Zombie.

Rob really seems to treat his band well, and John in particular gets a chance to shine during live shows for Zombie. I get the impression that Rob is very close with his band off stage. From what I can tell Rob got John and Ginger to both go vegan/vegetarian and whatnot with him, John's wife seems really tight with Sheri Moon etc. Those guys seem happy with Zombie and unless there is a need for them to move on I doubt they do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd bet Manson could get 'em on loan for a studio recording session, though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Manson seems to still be friendly with John and Ginger, but I doubt they would leave Zombie.

Rob really seems to treat his band well, and John in particular gets a chance to shine during live shows for Zombie. I get the impression that Rob is very close with his band off stage. From what I can tell Rob got John and Ginger to both go vegan/vegetarian and whatnot with him, John's wife seems really tight with Sheri Moon etc. Those guys seem happy with Zombie and unless there is a need for them to move on I doubt they do.
    They would never leave Zombie to get back with Manson, actually that would be a really dumb decision. Didn't want to say like this but we all know that Manson is a drama queen that treats his bandmates like shit, even when 99% of the time is his own fault, that's why he can't keep a same a band for long enough. There's even a interview with Jason Sutter who says they're instructed and already know they'll be treated like that. Sad because the actual live band is tight but it's pretty obvious that will not last long. There's even a video of Manson yelling at Paul in front of the crowd.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ginger Fish is actually an extremely under-rated part of the band and their sound.

This is going to be an unpopular opinion on a NIN forum, but maybe Chris Vrenna might be part to blame for how bad THEOL and Born Villain turned out. There's no doubt they are Manson's two worst albums and he had a lot of input into them.
    Last edited by voidnz; 09-04-2020 at 06:04 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    Ginger Fish is actually an extremely under-rated part of the band and their sound.

This is going to be an unpopular opinion on a NIN forum, but maybe Chris Vrenna might be part to blame for how bad THEOL and Born Villain turned out. There's no doubt they are Manson's two worst albums and he had a lot of input into them.

Not only was Vrenna's drum programming lackluster on those albums (maybe with the exception of "Overneath The Path Of Misery" from BV), but the synths were pretty gaarbage too.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Update on my manson journey.

SO far i have listened to Portrait, Smells Like Children, Antichrist, Holy Wood and Golden Age

At the current moment, Smells Like Children is my current fave at the moment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post

Zombie and John 5 are super close. Zombie said something to the effect of Ginger being a 'groove' drummer and how those type of drummers are extremely rare, once you get one you have to try and keep them. Something like that. If he (Zombie) even has the slightest thought that 'tomorrow I feel like making music, all I have to do is call John and the band is all together in the studio the next morning." Something to that effect. John 5 once said it was always his dream to play in White Zombie. That said, Ginger and John have such good chemistry live that when I see Zombie I always leave thinking "FUCK that band is good...." Reminds me of Mechanical Animals era Manson... oh wait... LOL.

It safe to say those two are never leaving Zombie as the life style suits them and it seems Zombie really appreciates his band. Here's an old interview with Ginger. Around 16 minutes there is some interesting stuff but the whole interview is worth the listen. Ginger is a good dude.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    Here's an old interview with Ginger. Around 16 minutes there is some interesting stuff but the whole interview is worth the listen. Ginger is a good dude.

That is one of the most insightful, gracious assessments of the Manson lifestyle that I've heard from somebody who actually knows intimately what's going on. It affirms a lot of what I think we've all assumed but could never know for sure. I really appreciate Ginger laying all that out there in a way that isn't disparaging or disrespectful of Manson, but is still honest. He seems like a great dude and I'm glad he and John have a solid gig with Rob.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ginger is extremely underrated. He’s a beast!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson

Dumb question: just saw this in my local target but it’s not slated to come out until 9/11. Does someone not care or is this out everywhere?

Edit: just tried to buy it and it wouldn’t scan and the guy snatched it from me because they couldn’t sell it lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ItsChrisRoss; 09-05-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    To prepare for We Are Chaos, I revisited all of Manson's albums. Some of them I hadn't listened to in a long time and I wanted to see if any of my opinions on them changed. Here's the ranking I'm feeling at the moment. This is based on how much I enjoy listening to the albums. I readily admit albums like EMDM and Born Villain have pretty weak song writing and compositions, but there's something about those albums I enjoy.

Antichrist Superstar
    Mechanical Animals
    The Pale Emperor
    Holy Wood
    Portrait of An American Family
    Golden Age of Grotesque
    Born Villain
    Eat Me Drink Me
    Heaven Upside Down
    THEOL
    Smells Like Children (Not sure it really counts but I threw it on there)

Revisiting THEOL was interesting because I could actually hear the direction Manson would go on Pale Emperor. And I forgot how much I liked songs like Devour and Four Rusted Horses, but there's a point where the album just loses me. The songs are boring and too long. I remember really liking Holy Wood back in the day and while I still enjoy it, I now see the flaws in that album mainly how much fucking filler is on there. There are some great songs, but man is that album too long. Born Villain, which seems to get the most hate, I still enjoy. The songs may be dumb, but it has that ferociousness and energy that I felt was lacking on THEOL.

I was a huge fan of EMDM when it first came out. Listening to it now, it's such a weird album. It's pretty generic with weak lyrics and dull songs. It's also when Manson jumped on the terrible bandwagon of giving songs unnecessary long ass titles. I don't hate the album, but it's not one I would go for when I'm in the mood for Manson. I remember during an interview he said it wasn't his favorite, but it was an album that had to be made and I agree with that.

Heaven Upside Down...there are some songs I like on there, but then there are some god awful ones I forgot about. As for Smells Like Children, that's one release I tried so hard to like and I still hate it. As soon as I hit the halfway mark I regretted listening to it again. I also listened to Remix and Repent. It's an odd little collection with some forgettable remixes and some great live tracks. I'm really looking forward to We Are Chaos especially with some of the feedback I've seen so far.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Dumb question: just saw this in my local target but it’s not slated to come out until 9/11. Does someone not care or is this out everywhere?

Edit: just tried to buy it and it wouldn’t scan and the guy snatched it from me because they couldn’t sell it lmao.

Just because they can't sell it doesn't mean you can't steal it.....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Do they have self checkout at Target? I'm sure there's way to purchase it. Just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Do they have self checkout at Target? I'm sure there's way to purchase it. Just have to be in the right place at the right time.
    I was at the self checkout. When I scanned it, it called for employee assistance. Then the gent overrode it, it told him not to sell it until 9/11.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Damn... I guess the only way is to put another sticker on it so it doesn't get flagged or find a dumb employee

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Damn... I guess the only way is to put another sticker on it so it doesn't get flagged or find a dumb employee
    Wondering if it was only my location that had the mishap. Guess anyone else will have to chime in if they see it too!

I wasn’t too broken up about it....while I did want it early, I preordered the splatter from his site so I would have just ended up with two copies, albeit different variants.