Thread: Tell us about your first NIN show

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I only got into NIN in 2009 right after their Wave Goodbye tour so I always thought that I was fucked. I just came late to the party and hated myself for that. Well, then 2013/2014 came and all of that didn't matter anymore.

I went to two shows, the first one being Berlin and the second one being Vienna a couple of weeks later. The venue in Berlin was pretty shitty to say the least – the stage was too small so they couldn't set up their screens, only basic lights. On top of that it was open air and the show started in broad daylight, which isn't too great either. And on top of that the crowd was pretty lame, too, a lot of talking and stuff like that.

I went with my then soon-to-be-girlfriend and we had early entry tickets and stood in the second front row. It was amazing, Trent started with Me, I'm Not and it just blew my mind. Everything went great until my girlfriend had herself pulled out by a security guy because she had breathing issues during MOTP (front row during MOTP can be pretty rough). Since she would NEVER get to the front again I had myself pulled out, too, because we wanted to go see NIN together.

It was a bummer to say the least. After that we were pretty far in the back, people weren't really into it, even more talking, meh. It was still a great show, they played a long set, they even played Various Methods of Escape, Trent said a few nice things, it was cool. But I couldn't enjoy the show the way I wanted to.

After that we decided to go see them again in Vienna. And Vienna was awesome! They played in an arena, full stage setup, great set-list (which had a few nice additions to the one we had in Berlin), they even taped the show (although we will probably never see that one) and it was an all-in-all great experience. I'm so fucking happy that we went out of our way and traveled to Vienna.

The biggest thing I learned from that is that I will try to see even more shows the next time around. Gotta take what you can get.
    Last edited by niggo; 10-26-2016 at 04:02 AM.