Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots Day (2016)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but this hasn't been officially released yet, correct? Just FYC pressings and probably-not official uploads to Soundcloud?
    You forgot the official FYC mp3 track.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If anyone has it around, it'd definitely be interested in a link to the sampler

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    as would I.....HINT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    as would I

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    I'm kind of fascinated by how little press and promotion Trent and Atticus seem to be doing for this film. Like Trent said some nice shit about the movie in the recent Rolling Stone interview but compared to the usual way the NIN camp publicizes his and Atticus's scoring work, Patriots Day seems incredibly subdued and pushed to the side. It kind of reinforces this sense I've had that this is a much more casual, work-for-hire gig for them, and not as creatively driven as their scores for David Fincher, or for Before the Flood (which they just seem a lot more proud of).
    If I were involved in this project, I'd be as quiet about it as possible. Nothing says "great movie" like a guy with a history of racist assaults portraying a made-up hero character in a very recent terrorist attack, giving a big "fuck you" to the actual people who worked their asses off following the bombing. And yes, if it's not obvious, I also have several personal connections to the Boston Marathon bombing, including not being able to reach family who were at the marathon in the immediate aftermath.

I think this is the first TR release that I'm not going to buy. I'm not giving a single cent to this film.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm not sure this will be released as a score for 2 reasons
    One is that when it has been mentioned in an interview there has been no mention in brackets that the score will be released on its own and i'm sure they usually do that. Second is that people in the nin camp are reading ETS and no one has shut down the FYC business in here or tried to stop them on eBay.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Mark Wahlberg racist? But he said he loved Hidden Fences!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'd really rather not have to listen to some dumb low quality leak, or even worse - watch the movie. Release the soundtrack Trent.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    I'd really rather not have to listen to some dumb low quality leak, or even worse - watch the movie. Release the soundtrack Trent.
    The FYC thing is what they send to the people considering it for awards, so it's not really a leak. Also the files are pretty good quality.
    The way things have turned out I'd MUCH rather he spend time working on live NIN rehearsals than do anything else with this.
    Last edited by WorzelG; 01-11-2017 at 02:43 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    The FYC thing is what they send to the people considering it for awards, so it's not really a leak. Also the files are pretty good quality.
    The way things have turned out I'd MUCH rather he spend time working on live NIN rehearsals than do anything else with this.
    Ppl, reported bad sound on it, but yes, it's still flac.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nycguy View Post
    For those who own the 2CD FYC set, are these pressed on silver CDs or CDRs? I ask because some eBay sellers for the previous soundtrack FYCs (Gone Girl, etc) have been selling home made copies on CDR.
    Any answers to this?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nycguy View Post
    Any answers to this?
    Historically, they've been silver. However, I can't speak for the current release. But if it was a CDR, I'd be weary of someone trying to make extra cash by burning / selling bootlegs.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    The FYC files were not mastered properly and they sound terrible (horrendous clipping). TR mentioned to Zane Lowe on Beats 1 that they were working on finishing the soundtrack album around the time Not the Actual Events came out, so it's likely already finished.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    They are silver CDs.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The film gets its wide release here in the States tomorrow, so I'm guessing we'll hear more about it...*deep breath*...soon.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    movie leaked in good quality, no track names.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    It's up on Apple Music. 12 tracks, 1 hour 9 minutes in length. Same ugly studio designed album cover from the FYC.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    It's up on Apple Music. 12 tracks, 1 hour 9 minutes in length. Same ugly studio designed album cover from the FYC.
    They're also on sale on iTunes, identical soundtrack but one is $9.99 and the other is $10.99. What's the difference?
    And how come the FYC is half an hour longer than the actual soundtrack?

Edit: The link on the main page brings me to the $9.99 one, so we can assume that is the actual retail price.
    Just bought the $9.99 one!
    Last edited by Lerxto; 01-12-2017 at 11:41 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    It looks like the same track list as the second 12 track FYC... http://www.nin.wiki/Patriots_Day_Sou..._Score_Sampler

And what about the cover art with the actors on the front? All very confusing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I want to buy this, but I don't want to get it in iTunes now if there's any chance it's coming out on vinyl in the near future... I don't know what to do.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Currently into track 3, this seems legit, mastered properly compared to any TR/AR soundtrack releases.
    I'd expect a 2xLP + Hi-Res Audio of this soundtrack will soon be available on store.nin.com.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet. It's finally listed in the discography section of nin.com. No option to buy though...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet. It's finally listed in the discography section of nin.com. No option to buy though...
    Up to this point all soundtracks released by TRAR have been produced by the NIN camp, right? Like, I mean the actual packaging and the design and stuff. I guess that's why they also sold them on nin.com?

It seems that's not the case with this one.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-13-2017 at 07:17 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Up on Spotify UK. First track Them and Us is not on original FYC. Damn work, lunch hour just ending!!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Patriots Day

Listening on Apple Music right now. "The Night Drive" reminds me a bit of John Carpenter. Digging this a lot.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    "Terminus" sounds like something @kleiner352 would like. Awesome track.

Edit: Spelling.
    Last edited by niggo; 01-13-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Can someone confirm you cannot save this on mobile phones when paying monthly ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My physical collection of TR's releases is wearing thin. I still buy digital.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's available in FLAC on Tidal's download store.