Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots Day (2016)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Oh now that's embarrassing. Would you believe the whole reason I started making NIN websites was to distribute those terrible S3M "remixes"? Ah, the pretentiousness of youth. I had no real concept of pitch back then.
    I did share MID back in time, now I wonder why. But i got a CDG collection right now and it looks like i'm the only one, so...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing View Post
    Does anyone have the menumusic for BYIT?
    There is no menu music in BYIT.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    There is no menu music in BYIT.
    Now I feel foolish. It has been a while since I watched it.

Time to remedy that me thinks...

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Maaaan.... That movies was BRUTAL! Like, at times hard to watch. Then the music just heightened the uncomfortable feeling of these scenes. Some parts had me in tears. It was really well done.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Unbelievable ost finally is on quobuz in flac 24/48 15€ and flac 16 10€ i say unbelievable because Before the flood wasn't 24bit ...
    http://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/pat.../0780163493627

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Unbelievable ost finally is on quobuz in flac 24/48 15€ and flac 16 10€ i say unbelievable because Before the flood wasn't 24bit ...
    http://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/pat.../0780163493627
    I came him to post this lol
    Purchased!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecirb View Post
    Pretty sure I compiled that track. It was originally on Remix.nin.com.

I have a "lossless" file if interested.

Very interested. I grabbed the mp3 off nindestruct a few weeks ago and have been playing it pretty often. It's beyond cool to me that TR just basically whipped up a piece of TDS/TDS-esque music in 2004 or so just for the Closure DVD. Love it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone here have pictures of the FYC CDs they have?
    Last edited by FineFinchTails; 02-01-2017 at 06:28 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The movie made me cry. I really liked it.

Admittedly, the score felt kinda neutered after enjoying the album versions so much beforehand, but it still worked very well. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Peter Berg film until now, I but I was really, really impressed by his handle on action/the Watertown shootout. What a sequence. Michael Mann-esque. Furthermore, I don't think he smothered the story in excess sentimentality – it felt pretty authentic and balanced. For a long movie, myself and the small audience I saw it with seemed pretty glued to the screen, even during the epilogue/addendum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    The movie made me cry. I really liked it.

Admittedly, the score felt kinda neutered after enjoying the album versions so much beforehand, but it still worked very well. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Peter Berg film until now, I but I was really, really impressed by his handle on action/the Watertown shootout. What a sequence. Michael Mann-esque. Furthermore, I don't think he smothered the story in excess sentimentality – it felt pretty authentic and balanced. For a long movie, myself and the small audience I saw it with seemed pretty glued to the screen, even during the epilogue/addendum.
    I've been a fan of Peter Berg since his first film, Very Bad Things. Many of his films aren't especially amazing, and some are downright bad—Battleship, ahem.

Patriots Day is his best film, and certainly his best iteration of recent history re-creation. Lone Survivor was good, Deepwater Horizon was a little better. But, as someone who lived in Waltham, MA at the time of the bombing (the town over from Watertown) who's wife worked at the Prudential Center, had friends who ran the marathon that day, and knows many Boston area cops (my landlord was Waltham PD), Patriots Day simply nailed it. Maybe not the accents, but the tone and feel of Boston, the tension and fear of that week... tremendous work.

The score composed by Trent and Atticus is their best work for a film to date—how something can be equal parts uplifting, moving, and terrifying I do not know, but they did it. As a standalone work, it's incredible, and its use in the film was incredibly effective.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    While listening to this soundtrack, around the middle I am like "I don't think I'll listen to this very often..." (bad things onscreen probably, didn't see yet), then the last two tracks appear and I am "aaah... beautiful, worth the tension". :-) (omg not the events!, strictly music)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I am from the Boston/Watertown area, so this film hit a nerve with me. I loved this movie, absolutely loved it. Great film score too. #BostonStrong.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raptors661 View Post
    I just copy and pasted them end to end with audacity for a multi-disc complete Fragile set I worked on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0lsjqmdp1...ATCHB.mp3?dl=0
    Awesome man, id like so see that track listing, considering this one is Track 9 of Disc 5?!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Awesome man, id like so see that track listing, considering this one is Track 9 of Disc 5?!

Discs 1 and 2 are the vinyl and cassette versions Left and Right. Was never too happy with 4 and 5's structure. Been meaning to shuffle it around and try something different. I think I'm still missing a few things as well.
    Last edited by raptors661; 01-31-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haven't seen the movie and haven't been interested in the score ... so far.

But holy ... Listened to it now a few times and it's amazing!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I am from the Boston/Watertown area, so this film hit a nerve with me. I loved this movie, absolutely loved it. Great film score too. #BostonStrong.
    I was an out-of-towner who made good friends with many locals (mostly in the Waltham area) and I felt the movie was so accurate in the way it displayed the people there. That was a crazy week.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/11739 finally available domestic in lossless

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    "Long Shadows on the Street" reminds me of "Leaving Hope." I love it. This might be my favorite soundtrack of theirs in awhile.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Goddamnit, the movie isn't released in the theaters in my region (at least no scheduled date available yet). Looks like it's gonna be the first TRAR score which I'll listen to before seeing the film.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Goddamnit, the movie isn't released in the theaters in my region (at least no scheduled date available yet). Looks like it's gonna be the first TRAR score which I'll listen to before seeing the film.
    The movie leaked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does The Night Drive contain elements of TGWTDT score? Sounds like it.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    http://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/11739 finally available domestic in lossless
    Finally hit 7Digital US too:

https://us.7digital.com/artist/trent...dtrack-6113291

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i still haven't heard this or seen the film. this is definitely the longest i've ever waited to hear a trent-related release...i just want to order the vinyl, god damnit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have faith that some form of a physical version will be made available in the foreseeable future, so i really don't want to pay twice: once for the digital files and then again when the physical format becomes available which when it is purchased, will already have the digital version included. So i guess my question is, are there any kind souls out there that can point me in the "right direction" or hook a brother up, if ya catch my drift? inbox message me obviously, i know the rules round here...unless of course, i already did just break the rules??? whatever, thats neither here nor there...can someone just message me plz already, k thanks!
    Last edited by davemuzik85; 02-28-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    I have faith that some form of a physical version will be made available in the foreseeable future, so i really don't want to pay twice: once for the digital files and then again when the physical format becomes available which when it is purchased, will already have the digital version included. So i guess my question is, are there any kind souls out there that can point me in the "right direction" or hook a brother up, if ya catch my drift? inbox message me obviously, i know the rules round here...unless of course, i already did just break the rules??? whatever, thats neither here nor there...can someone just message me plz already, k thanks!
    There are torrents available.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing View Post
    There are torrents available.
    All I've been able to find is the FYC rip, which I've decided not to listen to. I want the real thing too, but like @davemuzik85 , not really wanting to shell out twice for digital and physical.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    yes exactly what arc spiral said. All i can find is the "for your consideration" version and it has like 33 tracks that are all out of order. I'm looking for the 12 track official version thats on i-toonz and Clam-azon. Once again, private message me if you got the hook up!
    I'm definitely getting banned for this haha

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    yes exactly what arc spiral said. All i can find is the "for your consideration" version and it has like 33 tracks that are all out of order. I'm looking for the 12 track official version thats on i-toonz and Clam-azon. Once again, private message me if you got the hook up!
    I'm definitely getting banned for this haha
    I am in the same situation... except i prefer 24bit. But I know it's forbidden to ask for warez here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wow, that was exemplary film making. Exactly what Hollywood cinema should be. I think the score might be their best utilised. It was dynamic and subtle, exploding at the right moments. Gorgeous work.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I am really concerned that this vinyl will never see the light of day...

Same with Before the Flood.