Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    From a review of the Patriots Day UHD BD:

In listening to the DTS:X surround mix I found it to be of the less aggressive variety, but considering the source material that’s not a complete surprise. Its use of sound elements placed above is comprised of a mix of atmospherics, panning fills and occasional discrete effects. This is done to good effect when implemented and creates an enriching level of immersion that coincides with the onscreen events nicely. Examples can be found during the parade’s opening, the bombing, and Watertown standoff. The music score is subtly mixed over the platform so as to add natural depth to its orchestrated elements without drawing attention away from the thematic details of what is transpiring onscreen. While this mix doesn’t make constant use of attention grabbing audio object placement, I found myself completely involved when it mattered, and found this to be an enjoyable audio presentation that absolutely complimented the source material.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    anyway, i still don't understand why it isn't for (pre)sale on nin.com, just like the other soundtracks. (e.g., 'before the flood' isn't even released too)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    news coming for Patriots Day via Invada Records instagram

Also From the Before the Flood thread...

https://www.amazon.com/Before-Flood-...nyl+soundtrack

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Saw the movie this past weekend and strangely enough, I thought the movie elevated the soundtrack to another level. I never really connected with it on its own. The fact that I'm still listening to the FYC version that sounds awful doesn't help but after watching the movie, it's like I've discovered a completely new soundtrack.
    Songs have new meanings and are definitely more enjoyable.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    From a review of the Patriots Day UHD BD:

In listening to the DTS:X surround mix I found it to be of the less aggressive variety, but considering the source material that’s not a complete surprise. Its use of sound elements placed above is comprised of a mix of atmospherics, panning fills and occasional discrete effects. This is done to good effect when implemented and creates an enriching level of immersion that coincides with the onscreen events nicely. Examples can be found during the parade’s opening, the bombing, and Watertown standoff. The music score is subtly mixed over the platform so as to add natural depth to its orchestrated elements without drawing attention away from the thematic details of what is transpiring onscreen. While this mix doesn’t make constant use of attention grabbing audio object placement, I found myself completely involved when it mattered, and found this to be an enjoyable audio presentation that absolutely complimented the source material.
    Another review from blu-ray.com (for the BD; the UHD has the same audio track):

Patriots Day features an extremely effective DTS:X mix that offers a glut of spatial placements of various sound effects that are often almost disturbingly lifelike. Kind of interestingly, at least some of the depiction of the initial bomb blasts are from a slight distance, and so the power of the explosions are strangely muted, though it feels lifelike in the context of where the camera is placed (some other "up close and personal" vignettes offer much more sonic energy). But while these expected moments of audio focus provide ample surround energy, there are other, less obvious, uses of the surround channels which include everything from the whirling of police and broadcast helicopters to the chaos as patients are brought into hospitals. The mix is a bit chaotic at times, as might be expected, but prioritization is always well handled. The pulsing score by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross is also effectively splayed through the surrounds.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    FYC CD jewel case. Seller told me there's also a monodisk jewel case version which was send out to the academy (beside the card sleeve dual disk version). Good luck.
    Last edited by witte; 04-01-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    I won! Lakeshore sent me a message on Instagram just after 2AM this morning. Pretty sweet.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    I won! Lakeshore sent me a message on Instagram just after 2AM this morning. Pretty sweet.
    I think we still miss the 1cd promo ? plz rip.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    I think we still miss the 1cd promo ? plz rip.
    I don't think it's a FYC. It looks like it's a CD version of what is currently available as a digital retail release and coming soon as a vinyl release.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    I don't think it's a FYC. It looks like it's a CD version of what is currently available as a digital retail release and coming soon as a vinyl release.
    You're right, it doesn't say FYC. Well at least scan the covers and who knows ? this may be a FYC 1 disk copy ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone have pressed FYC CDs of Patriots Day (and can upload a pic of the bottom of the CD to prove it)?

I purchased two on ebay from seemingly reputable sellers (with a history of selling FYC stuff, so they must be academy members or whatever) and both sets were CD-Rs. They did not seem like home-burnt CD-Rs from random sellers trying to make a buck - they looked professionally duplicated.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bevilacq12 View Post
    Does anyone have pressed FYC CDs of Patriots Day (and can upload a pic of the bottom of the CD to prove it)?

I purchased two on ebay from seemingly reputable sellers (with a history of selling FYC stuff, so they must be academy members or whatever) and both sets were CD-Rs. They did not seem like home-burnt CD-Rs from random sellers trying to make a buck - they looked professionally duplicated.
    I have CD-R too
    http://imageshack.cz/images/2017/02/17/Vystrizek.jpg

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by curbes View Post
    So we do have the FYC one cd.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The discs I won from Lakeshore Records on Instagram came last week. I've been busy and I didn't get a chance to share. . . Here they are!

Last edited by NIN64; 05-12-2017 at 06:41 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    any news on vinyl pre-order yet? the last i saw was that it's "coming soon" via the lakeshore loves vinyl fb page.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    nobody bought it
    keep an eye on it. maybe it will be relisted good luck
    Last edited by witte; 05-28-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So...the vinyl is now listed on NIN.com as Coming Soon.

As ONE LP....

Please let that be a text placeholder. How the hell would this fit on one LP?

UPDATED
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 06-06-2017 at 09:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow didn't this ever get slept on!!!!! Has no one really listened to this beast on Apple Music? This thing is the closest work to TF since that era and I think his best soundtrack work. Especially the opening track and Terminus! Holy shit!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthemoment View Post
    Wow didn't this ever get slept on!!!!! Has no one really listened to this beast on Apple Music? This thing is the closest work to TF since that era and I think his best soundtrack work. Especially the opening track and Terminus! Holy shit!!!
    Yeah, this is fantastic. If anything, I am drawn a bit more towards the other soundtracks because of how contemplative they are, but this has moments of violence and pure brilliance. If stranded on a desert island, I'd have to take TR+AR's score work.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I finally saw the film last night. Trent & Atticus' score very much elevated the tension in the film (as to be expected), but I still have to say that this is on the lower end of the list of scores they've done. It feels a bit more workmanlike than their work with David Fincher. Effective, but not quite as rewarding a listen as most of the others.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthemoment View Post
    Long Shadows on the Street is one of the closest tracks to the One Hour Photo themes on Still, which I always wanted a whole album of. I love it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    June 13: lakeshorerecordsSeriously f'ing honored to be releasing PATRIOTS DAY vinyl for Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross in partnership with our friends at Invada UK! Wow! Career highlight of the highest order. Thank you guys! #Repost@nineinchnails
    ・・・
    The NIN.com store is back up and running. New to the store: PRICK vinyl reissue, LOST HIGHWAY vinyl. Coming Soon: QUAKE vinyl reissue, PATRIOTS DAY vinyl.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    June 13: lakeshorerecordsSeriously f'ing honored to be releasing PATRIOTS DAY vinyl for Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross in partnership with our friends at Invada UK! Wow! Career highlight of the highest order. Thank you guys! #Repost@nineinchnails
    ・・・
    The NIN.com store is back up and running. New to the store: PRICK vinyl reissue, LOST HIGHWAY vinyl. Coming Soon: QUAKE vinyl reissue, PATRIOTS DAY vinyl.

Invada and the NIN store working together? You're not gonna get it for 4 years - although when it comes, it will look and sound amazing because Invada are bae

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Invada and the NIN store working together? You're not gonna get it for 4 years - although when it comes, it will look and sound amazing because Invada are bae
    Yeah but they also worked together on the Before the Flood vinyl. That was on the Lakeshore label. In theory, this should've been released before The Vietnam War vinyl...