Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Before the Flood (2016)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Man, I'm digging the hell out of that track.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Vinyl only? That's bullshit.
    Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about no CD, I didn't bother with the CD for gone girl, just bought the FLACs but I regretted it when my laptop broke

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    As long as there's a lossless download option, I'm good. I can always burn off my own CD.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I agree with the Lights In The Sky comparison. The last two minutes bleed into Fragile / Still territory, which doesn't suck.

Based on this, what are your guesses about how many of the tracks will have lyrics?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Beautiful track... Seriously. I have chills listening to it. Trent and Atticus always on top of their game. I can't wait for more from these guys and NIN!!!!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I agree with the Lights In The Sky comparison. The last two minutes bleed into Fragile / Still territory, which doesn't suck.

Based on this, what are your guesses about how many of the tracks will have lyrics?
    My guess is that this will probably be the only track to feature lyrics. Kind of like how in the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo soundtrack, there was the single HTDA song.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Arrrrgh pre-ordered. For no good reason, I went into this with lowered expectations, but came out really liking what I heard, so I busted out the credit card. If I change my mind, I can always wait a year and sell the vinyl for 4x what it's worth apparently. Looking forward to hearing the whole thing, even though there was no direct Mogwai cross-pollination with Trent and Atticus and Gustavo.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Arrrrgh pre-ordered. For no good reason, I went into this with lowered expectations, but came out really liking what I heard, so I busted out the credit card. If I change my mind, I can always wait a year and sell the vinyl for 4x what it's worth apparently. Looking forward to hearing the whole thing, even though there was no direct Mogwai cross-pollination with Trent and Atticus and Gustavo.
    LMAO. Same.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I'm not convinced the huge inflation will happen with this one. Gone Girl vinyl is still available for $20 on amazon. Far cheaper if you're willing to buy used, too.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I only collcet CDs, no vinyls. Can someone send me a download link to the full track pretty please?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Can I acquire this anywhere thay doesn't involve pre-ordering the vinyl or signing up for Apple music?

Getting real tired of this platform exclusivity thing.

EDIT: the track, I mean.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Great song!! Sucks that there's no cd option because I'm not buying a soundtrack on vinyl. NIN vinyl, YES. Soundtrack vinyl, no.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    Can I acquire this anywhere thay doesn't involve pre-ordering the vinyl or signing up for Apple music?

Getting real tired of this platform exclusivity thing.

EDIT: the track, I mean.
    You can listen to the track streaming via Trent's link on his Twitter. As far as getting an actual rip/MP3, not sure that's out there yet.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    My guess is that this will probably be the only track to feature lyrics. Kind of like how in the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo soundtrack, there was the single HTDA song.
    I would agree if it were the first or last track, but the fact that it's the second track makes me wonder. #overthinking

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I would agree if it were the first or last track, but the fact that it's the second track makes me wonder. #overthinking
    Having the second to last track called "a minute later" also leaves me to wonder if it will have vocals as well.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Alright.

I'd be fine with that song being the new Hurt on the next tour. I know, it's NOT NINE INCH NAILS, but anyway. It's just really, really awesome.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Nit pick: Not digging the nah-nahs.

Also is it just me or is TR's vocals reeeeeeally shaky on this one, like more than usual? I think it's a beautiful song but i just couldn't help but notice. Not trying to start anything with a dissenting opinion, sometimes that raw emotion thing works and other times it doesn't.. it just really stood out on this one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

Also is it just me or is TR's vocals reeeeeeally shaky on this one, like more than usual? I think it's a beautiful song but i just couldn't help but notice. Not trying to start anything with a dissenting opinion, sometimes that raw emotion thing works and other times it doesn't.. it just really stood out on this one.
    It is noticeable. I think it works though. First listen I really got a Radiohead vibe from it (edit: I mean in terms of the vocal delivery).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    in case you don't know, Reuben Wu is one of the guys who made the video (also member of Ladytron). He is an excellent photographer and I strongly suggest you to check out his website or instagram. This video might look a bit familiar ; ) when I saw yesterday's preview on instagram I immediately knew he was involved haha.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Me, I like. And yes, voice is shaky.

Also, I did not expect Linux command-line utility "youtube-dl" to extract also iTunes video, so then it was just "avconv" from m4v to wav and voila, here is an mp3 for my small player. :-) Don't think it would be OK to post here though... maybe PM if interested. (update: also FLAC is included, but original was of course MP4A so it's not really lossless, just exactly as in the video, and mp3 is lame --preset extreme)
    Last edited by Substance242; 10-07-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'll take it!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Yeah that part sounds a bit off. Cool song though, pre-ordered the vinyl but really wish it didn't come to 55 bucks after shipping. That's crazy

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just came along to add my love for the song. Defo heard LITS and (obviously) TDTWWA in there. I also didn't end up buying the GG CD, and I still play the shit out of those songs, so no CD isn't a deal breaker for me. Be nice to have the option though. Song is already up on Youtube, but only at 480.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    oh shit. I just posted the link for the song over the NIN thread. And THEN found this place. Am I in trouble?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    wait ... what the heck is that new youtube channel ? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGN...SF7XLiQnMxuIvQ

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Two weeks!

Not dumb enough to fall for ordering a vinyl album straight from camp NIN again; I learned my lesson the hard way in the past. This will no doubt be available for a much more modest price through Amazon marketplace upon the release date. Regardless, I'll buy this in a heartbeat when it comes out

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Damn, both hidownload and replay media catcher cannot rip it
    Edit : lol, it's just plain mp4 : click here
    Last edited by ninjaw; 10-07-2016 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo33 View Post
    A Minute To Breathe is a nice sister song to The Day The World Went Away.
    Nah-nahs aside are you thinking what I'm thinking about the red background on the first frame of both ?

Lyrics made me feel like we're listening to the director's cut ending of Year Zero.

Nice song. Like the nah-nahs. Would've preferred a longer outro, but oh well. Excited for the full OST.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Nah-nahs aside are you thinking what I'm thinking about the red background on the first frame of both ?
    Throw on some chugging guitars and it could've basically been a reprise.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo33 View Post
    Throw on some chugging guitars and it could've basically been a reprise.
    No matter how many times I listen to TDTWWA when the chugging guitars come in towards the end of the song, it always catches me by surprise and makes me jump.