OMG BESTEST GAME EVAAR WAIT SEAN IS LIAR THIS IS BULLSHIT FUCK HELLO GAMES.
said the internet.

In other news I've been playing No Man's Sky. It's pretty nice. It's very pretty for a game that is building itself on maths, the core loop of fly to planet, start running out of fuel, mine planet of resources, trade bits, upgrade bits, get fuel, blast off again oh-wait-what-is-that-ooooh-alien-monoliths-land-again-shit-i-forgot-to-recharge-my-take-off-engine-mine-for-more-fuel, then jump to a new system... is really pretty nice.

It's like Elite with complexity stripped out and cool art put in. I'm totally fine with that (I'm sure others arn't).

also the soundtrack. essentially the new album by 65daysofstatic is totally divine. As a CD (I ordered the vinyl, my first for nearly 3 years) it works well, but is woven into the game masterfully. (I used my pulse engines to fly directly at a space station, with turn off when you get too close to big objects, as they kicked off, the whole score went into huge guitars and synths, as my screen filled with the vast alien structure. It was cool as shit.) Even if you don't like/want the game I suggest checking out the band/album as they have been one of my favs for nearly 10 years, and it's great hearing them get such a big boost.

So, big, divisive, and the internet is basically on fire, and I just threw another log in.