Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack White/Third Man

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StopRemembering View Post
    No, the registration for package #13 (the Stripes' first show etc) ended three or four months ago and TMR is in the process of shipping it out now. If you sign up before 10/31 you'll be getting the new one, which'll probably start shipping around New Year's.
    Ok cool, thanks. I've been on the fence for a while about joining but just have never done it. The Jack White Solo package is making me change my mind though. I think it's really cool that you basically pay the $60 and then don't ever have to re-pay, even though you still get the packages forever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Ok cool, thanks. I've been on the fence for a while about joining but just have never done it. The Jack White Solo package is making me change my mind though. I think it's really cool that you basically pay the $60 and then don't ever have to re-pay, even though you still get the packages forever.
    The $60 is per package, actually. It seems like a fair bit of cash but IMO all but one or two of the Vault releases have been well worth it, and it includes US shipping too. Unfortunately this is the first package I have to actually consider whether or not to sign on for though as I was recently laid off and money is getting tight. I could live without the LP but I really really want that 7" and the photo book.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://thirdmanstore.com/thevault/home/show/say-what/
    Quote Originally Posted by The Vault
    The Dead Weather working on new songs in the studio yesterday… (and searching for bodies)

SO EXCITED.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ^^^ I am sooo stoked for this new album! BUT!!! Where the hell is the new Raconteurs album? Surely that should come first?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    God damn accidental facepalm. Sorry!
    I am so blown away by this. Dead Weather to follow QOTSA and NIN new albums? Dreamy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Vault Package #18 was just announced, the Raconteurs' 2011 Ryman show is finally getting an official release, but more importantly NEW DEAD WEATHER SONGS & A NEW LP COMING IN 2015.

From the Vault:
    THIRD MAN RECORDS PRESENTS FINAL VAULT PACKAGE OF 2013: THE RACONTEURS LIVE AT THE RYMAN AUDITORIUM LP & DVD

THE DEAD WEATHER "Open Up (That's Enough)" / "Rough Detective" 7-INCH

Subscription Deadline October 31st

Summer is turning to fall. Days are getting shorter, nights are getting longer. The smell of burning leaves and car tires fills the air and Third Man proudly preps its final Vault package for the 2013 calendar.

The LP this coming quarter is a stunning live recording of the Raconteurs live at the Ryman Auditorium. Recorded from their most recent spell of shows in September 2011, the set is chock-full of all the unforgettable original tunes (no covers!) that make this band so essential. Of particular import are the barnstorming, bring-the-house down versions of "Blue Veins" and "Carolina Drama" both clocking in at over ten minutes in length. You like horn sections? Then dig the crack team on "The Switch and the Spur" and "Many Shades of Black." The band captured here hits the mark at full-throttle. Pressed on two LPs of 180-gram vinyl goodness, disc one on a rich rawhide and tobacco colored vinyl and disc two on luscious gold and oil colored vinyl.

The 7" this go-round is incredibly special. Two BRAND NEW studio recordings from the Dead Weather. "Open Up (That's Enough)" and "Rough Detective" are unlike anything else the band has ever done and are both ample reminders of the ferocity of this motley collection of low-lifes, grifters and ne'er-do-wells. These songs are not throw-aways. These songs are not demos. These songs are not outtakes. This 7" will ONLY be available via Vault subscription. No other 7" of these songs will be made. The whole thing is pressed on striking yellow jacket vinyl and coupled with a custom glue-pocket picture sleeve, a slight shift from the Vault's usual die-cut company sleeves.

Is there more to come from this? Yes there is. The Dead Weather's plan is to record and release two-song sets until 2015 at which time they will release a full album that contains these singles plus many more album-only tracks. It's a unique long-term plan for new music from this incendiary group. The songs WILL be released digitally, but not until Vault packages have been dispatched to subscribers. The goal is that physical copies are out there first.

Our bonus item here is a companion DVD of the Raconteurs performance from the Ryman Auditorium. The four camera, high-definition shoot includes the venue (the venerable Ryman, where everyone from Hank Williams to Harry Houdini has performed) as an essential character. There's a reason why folks call the Ryman "the mother church" and we think this film illustrates the reasoning behind that precisely and pricelessly. To not only hear, but see the Raconteurs at their arguable zenith is a treat unparalleled.

The Raconteurs Live at the Ryman Auditorium September 15, 2011 LP/DVD track list:1. Consoler of the Lonely / 2. Hands / 3. Level / 4. Old Enough / 5. Top Yourself / 6. Many Shades of Black / 7. The Switch and the Spur / 8. Intimate Secretary / 9. Broken Boy Soldier / 10. Blue Veins / 11. Salute Your Solution / 12. Steady, As She Goes / 13. Carolina Drama

You can listen to a clip of “Hands” live from the Ryman HERE, and a clip of the new Dead Weather song “Open Up (That’s Enough) HERE. The new DW song reminds me of "I Feel Strange", it has the same sort of classic rock vibe. Can't say I'm keen on waiting ~2 years for the album but between other new tracks being released & the possibility of a new Kills and/or Jack White LP in the interim it shouldn't be too bad. When the DW tour again I'm gonna lose my mind, they're fucking fantastic live. Their show at the Music Hall of Williamsburg in 2009 still stands as one of my top 3 shows of all time, it was incredibly ferocious & raw & fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So glorious. And epic. I can't wait for this one and #17 hasn't even arrived yet!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That is the sexiest Vault package yet!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    third man collection

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^ Nice, seeing that makes me want to round up my collection as I haven't listened to any of my TMR vinyl in about 6 months. I always forget what the inside image for "Horehound" is, the first time I opened that LP it really creeped me out, hah.

Rips of the new Dead Weather song "Open Up (That's Enough)" have started popping up, it sounds like they're picking up right where they left off:

And here's the b-side, "Rough Detective":

Neither song is blowing my mind by itself, I dig 'em but they sound like quick one offs that could do with a little more refining & studio time, but the fact that the 4 of them are working together again makes me so fucking happy.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...album-20140105

let the pacing begin...

read the comments, btw...pretty amusing, or at least they were a few days ago.
    Last edited by Lew; 01-10-2014 at 12:08 PM. Reason: forgot something

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    rofl:
    I'm going to Wichita / In my 3 legged pants / And when I get there / All the men gonna dance (JackFan28)

or

My husband and I chose to have one of his songs played at our wedding. I still remember dancing to "3 Legged Army". I still cry when I think about it. (Sharon Smith)
    Last edited by Lew; 01-10-2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: can't stop quoting comments from r.s. article FAHK me, this shit is funny.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Jack White announces new album 'Lazaretto', out June 10th. First single later this month, here's an instrumental from it:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    High Ball Stepper contains some SERIOUSLY crunchy guitar!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    In addition to the previously announced festival dates, Jack is excited to announce his first headline shows in North America, Europe and the United Kingdom since 2012. A limited number of pre-sale tickets will be available to Vault members at 10am local time on Wednesday, April 9th. Tickets go on sale to the public at 10am local time on Friday, April 11th.
    May 29: Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa, OK *
    May 30: Wild West in Lubbock, TX *
    June 2: Municipal Auditorium in Shreveport, LA *
    June 3: Saenger Theatre in New Orleans, LA *
    June 5: The Fillmore Charlotte in Charlotte, NC *
    June 26: Royal Hospital Kilmainham in Dublin, Ireland
    June 29: L'Olympia in Paris, France
    June 30: L'Olympia in Paris, France
    July 3: Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam, Netherlands
    July 5: Eventim Apollo in London, England
    July 20: Fox Theatre in St. Louis, MO +
    July 21: Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee, WI +
    July 23: Chicago Theatre in Chicago, IL +
    July 24: Auditorium Theatre in Chicago, IL +
    July 27: Stage AE Outdoors in Pittsburgh, PA +
    July 28: Fox Theatre in Detroit, MI +
    July 30: Masonic Temple Theatre in Detroit, MI +
    July 31: Air Canada Centre in Toronto, ON +

* with Kelley Stoltz
    + with Benjamin Booker

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

yes!!!

going to the toronto show.
    fucking CHUFFED.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I really hope this one is a return to rock. His last one was a bit too country/folky for me. If HBS is any indication, I'd say it sounds like he's leaning towards a more rock, guitar driven sound on this one.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New single "Lazaretto". Awesome track!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Can't wait for the new album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Awesome song.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Are there any tickets left for ANY show in Europe?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos L Halper View Post
    New single "Lazaretto". Awesome track!

Eh...

I guess JW isn't really my thing. This isn't bad though. Has a bit of a retro 70s funk feel which is pretty cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got the new PUSA album "Kudos To You" at one of their shows in the UK, apparently it was pressed by third man

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    'Lazaretto' details.

A hologram on the vinyl? wat.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    He's doin' it again lol. Tonight on Jimmy Fallon, Jack is performing with Neil Young...one take live, and it'll be pressed on to vinyl for sale almost immediately.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    'Lazaretto' details.

A hologram on the vinyl? wat.
    I'm really glad that all of that bonus stuff that makes it an "ultra LP" is included on the standard edition and not just on an overpriced ultra edition or the Vault edition. If it was, I'm not sure if I'd bother getting it, but since it's already on the $20-something record, that just sweetens the deal.