Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Damaged SD card advice...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Damaged SD card advice...

I just posted this in The Cure thread in music but I'm getting anxious... Can anyone help?

>>

The show was great but I have a problem.

I used 2 SD cards, one for the main show and the other for 6 tracks. The latter SD card detected the card and 6 of the HD videos I recorded, but I remember dropping the first one accidentally. Now both my camera and PC aren't detecting the card - nothing happens at all with the laptop and the camera says "try another SD card" or "SD card not detected". And this is the card with the whole of the main show on it...

Is there any way I can recover the data? It looks like it may have been stepped on :-/

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    From my research, this is the only place with any hope...

http://recoverfab.com

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I *think* I may have located them with recovery software, but they are appearing as .wmf files, and Google is no help in converting these raw files to video apart from one website about ffmpeg shit that makes no sense... Can anyone think of anything?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Strange to see a thread like this pop up here. I don't have any advice on the topic unfortunately, but this reminds me that I have a broken SD card as well from many years ago that stopped working. I can't get the photos off of it. Both my Computer or Camera won't recognize it when it's in. I don't know if I really want to send my card in to that website, but I'm glad there seems to be a way to fix the card. I'll hold onto it for now. Maybe I'll find a local repair shop one day.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Well, I sent it to the guy in Germany. If Germans can't fix it, no one can!