Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon GO

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    saw a pikachu tonight but it ran away im a level 15 and have 52 collected in my pokedex right now

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    You fucking nerd.

Im on level 4 but haven't really moved from the couch,
    lulz

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I luckily caught a pikachu in my office the second day. But havent been able to power him up since the only shit i seem to be catching are pidgeys, ratata, and assholes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Word is Starbucks and other companies are in talks to have their locations show up in the game as well now. It begins...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Word is Starbucks and other companies are in talks to have their locations show up in the game as well now. It begins...
    It's already making $1.6 Million per day on iOS in the U.S.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    in nyc is been crazy. i went to a local beacon on Monday at 2am and there were a dozen people hanging out there.

outside of the city it's not nearly as popular but it's been nuts this summer here. gamers who would normally be sheltered inside are all out and talking with people they never knew before.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    One of my best girlfriends of many years is up here visiting in the Chicago area with her husband and two kids (11 and 13) and the kids are playing it to keep themselves occupied; they are staying at a hotel and the kids were in the parking lot collecting Pokemon Go! stuff and they ran into a whole family on their phones doing the same thing. We all went to Racine WI and, same thing, people everywhere doing this. My husband and the kids' Dad, too, walking around doing this stuff together.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-14-2016 at 08:38 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    There is a Pokemon Go/bar crawl in North Brooklyn next weekend. I will obviously be attending.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    There is a Pokemon Go/bar crawl in North Brooklyn next weekend. I will obviously be attending.
    i saw that post. its gonna be a shit show lol

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I don't particularly see how anyone can actually trash this App. Regardless of if you like Pokemon or not, it has been a truly amazing thing seeing everyone come together over this thing. Especially after the week we all had here in America last week. To see everyone work together and get off of their couches to explore the world with each other, it's a beautiful thing. Regardless of if they're catching digital monsters or not.

Also it's fun. I think I suck at it though, because my highest CP on any Pokemon I currently have is 350. I went to a Gym and everyone had like 1000+ CP Pokemon so my ass got demolished in seconds.

Who knows how long this App will stay popular, but fuck it, it's getting people outside and working together, so what else can you ask for.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ive got 72 in my pokedex now. tonight was pretty epic for finding new ones.

finally caught pikachu(!), jigglypuff, charmeleon, abra, etc etc. they're doing a good job of mixing up different pokemon each day in diff locations.

off to manhattan friday and going back to other areas in the BX tomorrow. great game.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I love this game for what it is. It's not perfect, by any means, but it's simple fun and it gets you around so much that it's hard to say "Nah, not worth it." Like, I'm talking my dog so much now that he's spent halfway through the day. How can you say that's a bad thing? People on KU campus are setting up lawn chairs by the dozens and just camping out to catch Pokemon and meet people. Pedestrians on Mass Street (the bar/entertainment hub of downtown here in Lawrence) are being friendly and pointing each other out to where so and so Pokemon are. Tonight, some guy heard me flip over FINALLY seeing a Ghastly, but it disappeared right away. He called us over to where it was, near him, and my friend and I talked to him and his friend for a little bit. Random dude stopped us just to say there was a Bulbasaur on the next block, which we'd already found - but that wasn't the point! There's even a Pokemon party planned at the Granada next weekend, and it's drumming up one hell of a response. It's fucking fantastic.

Also, 400 FUCKING CANDIES TO EVOLVE INTO A GYRADOS ARE YOU MOTHERFUCKING SHITTING MY NUTS.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    FFFFUUUUU

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    We're having one in Peoria at the end of the month, heh.

Yesterday, I saw doctors roaming around playing this between surgeries.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    got snorlax tonight and my second pikachu. i know where he hides now

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    There are, like, zero Pokemon around me. The joys of living in the sticks/a region where the game isn't officially released yet. Time for a walk tomorrow to catch me some critters.
    Tell me about it. There are 3 Pokestops and 1 Gym in my town, as far as I know. I believe I'll have to drive 30 miles north to reach civilization. So it's kinda hard to play. I've had to buy Pokeballs a few times, which sucks. I hope they open up the ability to suggest new Pokestops and gyms sooner rather than later. Plus I can't level up worth a shit because of the fucking 1HP Gym glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    It has already. Pretty sure I read something where someone was hit by a car while fucking with it and ended up losing their life. Unsure if it was real as I didn't investigate it further but I wouldn't be too surprised.
    Somebody got hit by a car while using their phone. The media is fucking stupid and trying to frame shit to take advantage of the popularity. There's never been a fucking news report that said, "Man killed while crossing the street - was using FACEBOOK on phone. Here's what parents need to know to keep their children safe while using Facebook in public!"

I'm easily annoyed, but this whole Pokemon thing has been really irritating me. Not the game itself, I'm playing it and it has a lot of potential (not that it isn't still filled with game-breaking bugs, but whatever.) But I'm annoyed by the public discussion. First of all, all the dumbass jokes.

It's been a week straight of everybody on the entire planet repeating the same 1 or 2 jokes with the slightest variations.

*picture of Pokemon in an unexpected place* *joke about how people are going outside now* *joke about how people are going outside now* *picture of a Pokemon in a funny place* *joke about how people are going outside now* *joke about how people aren't paying attention to current events, e.g. police shooting and protests* Ad nauseum.

People will tell me to grow a sense of humor and learn how to take a joke lol, but goddamn repetitive jokes are one of my biggest pet peeves. When I see hundreds and hundreds of people repeating what's essentially the same joke, it drives me up the wall.

The other things that're annoying me about this are all the comments about how it's going to cause harm, like what @Space Suicide mentioned. People are going to walk out into the street and die, people are going to walk in the ghetto and die, people are going to be tracked to Pokestops alone and be raped and murdered, etc. It's so dumb how the media is milking this phenomenon for every drop they can possibly suck into their filthy mouths. Sigh.

/rant

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    What teams are we all on?

Team Instinct checking in.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    The Yellow one.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    She ky00t.

Wouldn't EVEN need an app to hit THAT, lol.

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisNews/videos/1107290816027708/

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    What teams are we all on?

Team Instinct checking in.
    I just got to level 5 after catching a Fearow and Paras. I joined the blue one, Team Mystic.

I accidentally transferred all my Weedles.

Last edited by Ryan; 07-15-2016 at 04:50 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    She ky00t.

lmao, I always thought the "Stay alert at all times, be aware of your surroundings" thing meant within the game, as in look around as much as you can so you don't miss catching a Pokemon. But they actually meant in real life...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    She ky00t.

Both of those people are fuckin mouth-breathing, probably inbred dumb cunts. God that was infuriating to watch.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I joined the blue one, Team Mystic.
    You disgusting swine.

Also:

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tried to catch an Eevie and it froze on me and I had to restart and I didn't catch it.

Then caught an Omanyte and it froze again, but went into my Pokedex this time. Annoying...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Installed it, played for 20 minutes and erased it from my phone because I knew that I'd be addicted like everytime a new Pokemon game came out...it's funny but I wanna play on my couch. I don't want to be run over by a car just to catch a Pikachu. I was at a party last week and 50% of the people jus walked around and never made eye contact because they were busy catching Pokemons...that's kinda sad.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reznovka View Post
    Installed it, played for 20 minutes and erased it from my phone because I knew that I'd be addicted like everytime a new Pokemon game came out
    I'm in the same boat. Knowing my addictive personality, I'm not even going to install it. I'd be shot running across some guy's backyard at 4am.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So this is what happens when a wild Vaporeon appears:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/16/12...s-central-park

Also interesting to note how iPhones don't recognise any Pokemon names as typos. Japan and iPhone conspiracy?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i dont get the freak out over a vaporeon. maybe something super rare or super popular but i've evolved 4 vaporeons so far.

im up to level 18 with 80 in my pokedex. working on getting better with battling at gyms. and still on the hunt for the 71 i still dont have.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I got my first egg today. It's incubating.

Saw a Geodude but didn't catch it.

Last edited by Ryan; 07-17-2016 at 06:22 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Just evolved my Pidgey and Weedle!