Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things - AKA the Kate Bush Revival

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Stranger Things - AKA the Kate Bush Revival

I've been following this show's development for a long time when it was originally called "Montauk" and seemed to be inspired by some of the local legends around the town out here on Long Island. They decided to change the name and location. But I'm getting some 80s sci fi Amblin vibes from these trailers.

Netflix Title: http://www.netflix.com/title/80057281
    Follow on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/StrangerThingsTV
    Last edited by neorev; 07-16-2016 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I really thought this was a movie watching the first trailer until it said all episodes premiered at a certain date. That's how good this looks.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Seriously psyched for this. I hope it delivers because both trailers are amazing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just finished Binge watching the whole first season. Loved it! Can't wait until more people finish watching it to hear what they thought.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Half way through, absolutely love it!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Best TV I've seen this year. Even the title sequence gave me chills.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    On episode six and it makes me sad to know there are only two more episodes. Hopefully they keep this going for another season.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ep 4. This is exactly what I was hoping Super 8 would be.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    About to put on Episode 4

Folks need to start following their Facebook page and get the word out...
    http://www.facebook.com/StrangerThingsTV

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This show makes me sit back in glee.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Saving the last two episodes for tomorrow.
    I don't want this show to end.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who doesn't fast forward through the opening credits because I love the opening titles and theme so much?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Finished.

I want more!!!

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Binged and finished it this weekend. I liked it a lot. I've read people calling it an unwritten Stephen King book adapted for TV and that's very accurate.
    Aside from hating Dustin, I liked all of the other characters. I need the score immediately.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Finished episode 5 last night, and I love this show so far. It's very well written and the attention to detail in art design is stunning. Like most people in their mid-30s, I have major 80s nostalgia factor, and this show tapped into that big time. Love Spielberg of that era, LOVE Stephen King (that was his prime) and it all came together nicely. Lovely to see Winona Ryder. The kid actors are fantastic.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Progress: 3/8 (taking it purposely slowly).
    Satisfaction: 10/10 (seriously).

I am starting to think about one computer game/movie... I'd love to watch 4th episode right now, but... no. Tomorrow. :-)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Progress: 3/8 (taking it purposely slowly).
    Satisfaction: 10/10 (seriously).

I am starting to think about one computer game/movie... I'd love to watch 4th episode right now, but... no. Tomorrow. :-)
    I broke it up across 3 days... 3 episodes on Friday, 3 on Saturday, and the last 2 on Sunday.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Okay, I confess... I took a dose of TWO episodes tonight, so hard to resist, and only three left. Bonus points for Bowie/Gabriel Heroes, Joy Division Atmosphere (don't walk away, in silence...) and New Order Elegia. And yes the title sequence is hypnotic.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my wife and i started it last night and i was just sitting there with a big grin the whole time (other than the few times i jumped from being scared...i'm a weenie).

it's SO FUCKING GOOD. we watched episode one and then got in bed and watched most of episode two, it killed me to stop with 15 minutes left but we were so tired.

i think one of my favorite things about the show (besides its fully steeped-in-80s style) is that everyone looks like a REAL PERSON. the kids are awkward and goofy and the adults look like suburban parents and everything seems so natural, which makes the weird stuff all that more effective. can't wait to watch more!!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It's strange (thing) that I feel like I must have seen these kids in some other movie... about 20 years ago, and I can't remember which one exactly. :-) Also, I just checked who are "Imaginery Forces" (main titles) and they have done quite a few interesting (strange) things before like Vinyl, Se7en, Pacific Rim or God of War 3 game. (imagineryforces.com)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    finished it in one sitting. great show looking forward to a season two (hopefully)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    it's fucking great, we are pacing ourselves.
    Is it just me, or does the logo look a hell of a lot like a Stephen King paperback's byline or whatever you want to call it, especially when it is first coming together and you see the ING? I'm pretty sure it's on purpose.
    The eighties vibe is fucking perfect.
    And man, oh man, those synths.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @elevenism

Your username takes on a whole new meaning after this show. Are you a supporter of 011?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    @elevenism

Your username takes on a whole new meaning after this show. Are you a supporter of 011?
    oh, fuck yeah ;P
    i forgot about that. it sure piqued my interest when i found out there was a character called eleven.
    It's not just my username-it's my graffiti name too. My graff friends call me eleven or eleveno :P

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm going to finish watching since I'm a glutton for punishment but all I can keep thinking is "borrowed nostalgia for the unremembered 80s." And the art direction is sloppy as all hell - they're mixing up late 70s and early 80s props. It's driving me nuts.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wouldn't a show set in the early 80s have props from the 70s? I was born in the 80s and can remember playing with my older brother or my dad's old stuff from the 70s. I remember my house having all shit from the 70s mixed into newer 80s stuff. Back in the day, things actually lasted and people kept stuff longer. Not like now where everything is made like shit and nothing lasts and this seems to get worse as the years go forward. It's like saying no one actually has an old box TV now when we all know someone who does or there's no old 90s or early 2000 cars driving around anymore. 1983 is not that far from the 70s. So on January 1st, 1980 everyone must dispose of their 70s crap? I found the show pretty close to shit I had around my house down to the walkie-talkies and frigging VHS tape holder! I couldn't believe they had the same little tape drawers I had at my house for years.
    Last edited by neorev; 07-24-2016 at 04:13 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I really loved watching the series and thought everything was perfect. All the actors were brilliant. The writing was tight. I definitely cried at the end.

The quarry they used is practically in my backyard. I remember seeing the "ST" signs when they were filming. A few other locations were recognizable to me making me feel very connected to the show. I'm sad it's over but I'm so glad I watched it this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    I'm going to finish watching since I'm a glutton for punishment but all I can keep thinking is "borrowed nostalgia for the unremembered 80s." And the art direction is sloppy as all hell - they're mixing up late 70s and early 80s props. It's driving me nuts.
    you just don't like anything except cats.
    you would love it if the show was about cats instead of people :P
    like, how things were different for cats in the eighties...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    you just don't like anything except cats.
    you would love it if the show was about cats instead of people :P
    like, how things were different for cats in the eighties...
    So much win, I'm not even gonna post a rebuttal to neorev. <3