Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Juno (2016)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    SO, now that Trent has Officially Released Music In 2016, new NIN pushed back to mid-2017 at the earliest?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    I will not be sharing my .mp3 download anymore. Support Trent and Atticus!
    I will support them as soon as it's available in some form other than iTunes. I'd rather pay out the nose for a promo cassette tape that's been played 100s of times than install and register with iTunes and risk their shitty software deleting my music library.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I can get how people are saying that this is just like all their other instrumental shit but that feels pretty reductive to me. This has a different feeling than GDT and Gone Girl, both of which mostly fostered a sense of dread. Juno feels more like curiosity and empty, echo-y space, which fits well. It's more uplifting than the other soundtracks. To me, anyway.

I do hope this is a precursor to something more.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Well I like it, $1 well spent i say!

Finally SOMETHING. I'll take it, i will chew on this bone for as long as i can until the next thing comes along, whatever that may be.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just heard it and man, it's beautiful. I hope there's more to come.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    What I'd like to know is... does TR even plan on talking about this at all in some upcoming interviews or even announcing it via twitter/fb/instagram/apple connect? Waiting until July 4th or does he just expect us to find out about this stuff on our own?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    SO, now that Trent has Officially Released Music In 2016, new NIN pushed back to mid-2017 at the earliest?
    The fact that the instrumental of Everything surfaced means we'll have to wait til at least 2022.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I just heard it and man, it's beautiful. I hope there's more to come.
    Give me it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    great work and it's super atmospheric...so we got the "OTHER STUFF" and now we just need the "NEW NIN" he promised

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The beginning sounds a lot like the noises they found from Saturn.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I don't know about you guys but I think that new song is fucking neat.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I think that new song is fucking neat.
    Yeah, I like this track quite a bit.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I like it too. Hope there's more where that came from, non-soundtrack stuff from TR/AR would be very welcome.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yep, firmly in the 'like' camp on this one.....

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I want TRAR to score the entire solar system. Fuck, make it the galaxy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Really cool track. Very relaxing.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Liked it, i'm up for a new soundtrack!, last night i watched "The Social Network" and i'm still in love with the soundtrack, i expect nothing but greatness here...

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Well here's the official announcement on the NIN facebook page, just posted now.

https://www.facebook.com/ninofficial...4181056521221/ (and posted on Insta + twitter)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/06/30/...cus-ross-juno/

So apparently Engadget.com didn't listen to the songs posted before they linked the youtube videos !! Rick Roll'ed LMAO !

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr9inchnail View Post
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/06/30/...cus-ross-juno/

So apparently Engadget.com didn't listen to the songs posted before they linked the youtube videos !! Rick Roll'ed LMAO !
    I saw some replies at spin's Twitter account that mentioned it too. Hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I saw some replies at spin's Twitter account that mentioned it too. Hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Journalism at its finest !!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    A NEW SONG!! yeah! instrumental.. oh well, better than nothing.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Haven't watched the full video yet, but fucking love the track. Oh shit, now I'm all excited for new music. Please come?

TR/AR and NASA are a match made in heaven. Can they score Cosmos S2?

Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    I will support them as soon as it's available in some form other than iTunes. I'd rather pay out the nose for a promo cassette tape that's been played 100s of times than install and register with iTunes and risk their shitty software deleting my music library.
    It's a 99¢ DRM free download. If you want to steal it, steal it, but your excuse sounds dumb. iTunes Match/Apple Music and any of its supposed library glitches (which MAYBE happened to one person?) are separate services and have nothing to do with supporting an artist by buying their song.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just ran a mile to JUNO and I love EVERYTHING about it.

The art, the concept, the music.

More please.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    . iTunes Match/Apple Music and any of its supposed library glitches (which MAYBE happened to one person?) are separate services and have nothing to do with supporting an artist by buying their song.
    Well let's put it this way : having to install iTunes to buy one track is a fucking drag and stupid in its own way.
    If you're not using the whole Apple line and environment, iTunes is a useless POS, and not being able to - at least- just buy the thing from the artist himself instead is dumb.
    I'd love to get to hear the track, I'd love to buy it, but that's just way too many hoops for 8 minutes of contextual droning.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Well let's put it this way : having to install iTunes to buy one track is a fucking drag and stupid in its own way.
    If you're not using the whole Apple line and environment, iTunes is a useless POS, and not being able to - at least- just buy the thing from the artist himself instead is dumb.
    I'd love to get to hear the track, I'd love to buy it, but that's just way too many hoops for 8 minutes of contextual droning.
    Wonder if this is going to be the first real Apple Music exclusive, (if you ignore leftovers from Gone Girl and the Fragile stuff) or whether it will in time be spread to the Spotify's and Amazon's of this world....hope Trent's not going down THAT road as it's a bit self-serving - not everyone, myself included, likes Apple products, and it will encourage (rightly or wrongly) the kind of behaviour that Trent has been rallying against this last week or two (YouTube, as mentioned earlier).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Reminds me of tracks from Ghost. I prefer words with my music but for what it is, it's cool.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Sure, I agree, but it's not THAT much of a chore considering you can just take the file and play it in your preferred software at any time.

Anyway, like I said, I have no issue with people stealing it -- I bought it but I'm about to share it with a handful of friends that I know will enjoy it but probably wouldn't buy it otherwise. Just always find the rambling piracy defenses people go on annoying, especially when not even based in reality like that dude's. However you want the track, it's easy to find.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Either you jumped to conclusions or I missed something, because I've seen nothing about piracy from the parties involved...