Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Mandela Effect

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    it's really tripping me out because i swear i saw it. i even remember hating it, no shit. and it absolutely was not that shaq movie.

weird af.
    I've heard others say the same thing on the internet.
    People remember specific plot points and characters that aren't from the Shaq movie.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I REMEMBER THE LITTLE GIRL BREAKING HER DOLL AND *WASTING* A WISH ON IT.

this ... is almost too much, it's making me grind my teeth. what in gay hell am i remembering? elevenism, you know i dig you, but i have never been into your conspiracy/alien/whatever stuff. but this ... like i said, is just too much. it's annoying, actually.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    How about this one? I remember this guy having a monocle.
    He never has.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I REMEMBER THE LITTLE GIRL BREAKING HER DOLL AND *WASTING* A WISH ON IT.

this ... is almost too much, it's making me grind my teeth. what in gay hell am i remembering? elevenism, you know i dig you, but i have never been into your conspiracy/alien/whatever stuff. but this ... like i said, is just too much. it's annoying, actually.
    i'm sorry :/
    Yeah i think the Shazam one has really freaked a lot of people out.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    so my best friend remembers it, too. he says he can remember the movie poster, even.

but get this -- when i was 16 i tore tickets at a movie theater in twin falls. there was a shitty movie called first kid playing at the end of the summer before school started starring sinbad and whoever else. we went to the first showing of that awful crow sequel and he remembers making cracks about how we should have gone to first kid instead, and that even "shazaam" was better.
    Last edited by kel; 02-20-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    so my best friend remembers it, too. he says he can remember the movie poster, even.

but get this -- when i was 16 i tore tickets at a movie theater in twin falls. there was a shitty movie called first kid playing at the end of the summer before school started starring sinbad and whoever else. we went to the first showing of that awful crow sequel and he remembers making cracks about how we should have gone to first kid instead, and that even "shazaam" was better.
    i just feel bad that it made you feel bad.
    One of my youtuber friends just made a video about whether or not to turn people on to this shit as it can cause negative emotions.
    it hasn't caused me any negative emotions; i just think it's interesting.
    But now i see what he meant and i'm sorry that something i posted made you grind your teeth.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i am glad i was exposed to it, i guess? don't sweat that. it's annoying in so many ways, though. i don't go on reddit, i don't read these threads other than to go "oh, bernstAIN bears", well ... that's a little surprising at best, i guess. i didn't do drugs when i was that age, i like to believe my lucidity is reliable.

bah. it's a sinbad movie that didn't exist. it's so silly, the memes write themselves.

right? right.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i am glad i was exposed to it, i guess? don't sweat that. it's annoying in so many ways, though. i don't go on reddit, i don't read these threads other than to go "oh, bernstAIN bears", well ... that's a little surprising at best, i guess. i didn't do drugs when i was that age, i like to believe my lucidity is reliable.

bah. it's a sinbad movie that didn't exist. it's so silly, the memes write themselves.

right? right.
    but..except...yeah.

:P

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Captain D is on the case!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Captain D is on the case!

it's fucking hilarious
    BUT, if the term "mandela effect" inherently denotes colliding realities and or wayward time travelers, i am misunderstanding it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    it's fucking hilarious
    BUT, if the term "mandela effect" inherently denotes colliding realities and or wayward time travelers, i am misunderstanding it.
    i don't proclaim to know very much about the "mandela effect", but i'd agree with you elevenism, i truly like the idea, that this could all possibly be possible?!
    we my never really know!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureSpike View Post
    i don't proclaim to know very much about the "mandela effect", but i'd agree with you elevenism, i truly like the idea, that this could all possibly be possible?!
    we my never really know!

Right, and to me "mandela effect" describes the phenomenon itself, the phenomenon of large groups of people remembering things differently and remembering things that didn't happen.
    But included in those two words "mandela effect" are NOT the cause of said phenomenon.

edit: @GibbonBlack , have you ever watched any of the videos from the guy who claims to have "broken" the "David Bowie is alive" story?
    See, it all has to do with basic geamatria.
    Now the David Bowie thing, he "died" of "cancer." And is it a coincidence that he died at 69 and when you turn 69 on its side, it produces THE ASTROLOGICAL. SYMBOL. FOR. CANCER. Coincidence? FUCK NO!!!!
    All you have to do is go back to a certain scene in Labyrinth where there's a CLOCK on the wall, and do you think THAT shit's a coincidence, there being a CLOCK on the wall that tells a certain time? HOW COULD IT BE? Because when you take the time on the clock and convert it into this formula, you come up with the number of days between the date that China Girl hit number 2 on the hot 100 in the Channel Islands and the date that Bowie's sickness was diagnosed, which, although it wasn't released to the public, is easily ascertainable by using the greek gematria for the name of Golden Years and THEN converting it to the Hebrew (this being the place that catches most people up,) because, see, they have to hide it in plain sight or it doesn't work!

Or some shit like that. And the dude YELLS all this shit.
    And hooooly shit, i was gonna look that dude up so i could show you this insanity, but there are more than one of them.
    And you people think I'M crazy. :P
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-01-2017 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Right, and to me "mandela effect" describes the phenomenon itself, the phenomenon of large groups of people remembering things differently and remembering things that didn't happen.
    But included in those two words "mandela effect" are NOT the cause of said phenomenon.

edit: @GibbonBlack , have you ever watched any of the videos from the guy who claims to have "broken" the "David Bowie is alive" story?
    See, it all has to do with basic geamatria.
    Now the David Bowie thing, he "died" of "cancer." And is it a coincidence that he died at 69 and when you turn 69 on its side, it produces THE ASTROLOGICAL. SYMBOL. FOR. CANCER. Coincidence? FUCK NO!!!!
    All you have to do is go back to a certain scene in Labyrinth where there's a CLOCK on the wall, and do you think THAT shit's a coincidence, there being a CLOCK on the wall that tells a certain time? HOW COULD IT BE? Because when you take the time on the clock and convert it into this formula, you come up with the number of days between the date that China Girl hit number 2 on the hot 100 in the Channel Islands and the date that Bowie's sickness was diagnosed, which, although it wasn't released to the public, is easily ascertainable by using the greek gematria for the name of Golden Years and THEN converting it to the Hebrew (this being the place that catches most people up,) because, see, they have to hide it in plain sight or it doesn't work!

Or some shit like that. And the dude YELLS all this shit.
    And hooooly shit, i was gonna look that dude up so i could show you this insanity, but there are more than one of them.
    And you people think I'M crazy. :P
    Russianvids? Me and a friend binge watched some of his stuff once. My favourite is a video that just lists Jewish celebrities and people are commenting like "Oh my god, you've cracked it!!!!!!"

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Russianvids? Me and a friend binge watched some of his stuff once. My favourite is a video that just lists Jewish celebrities and people are commenting like "Oh my god, you've cracked it!!!!!!"
    That's hilarious too, but there's this other guy. MAN i'm gonna have to remember his name.
    You wade through a LOT of insanity trying to research anything strange on the internet.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    That's hilarious too, but there's this other guy. MAN i'm gonna have to remember his name.
    You wade through a LOT of insanity trying to research anything strange on the internet.
    Be sure to let me know when you remember! I love the crazies!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Be sure to let me know when you remember! I love the crazies!
    Oh okay. It IS Russianvids.

That guy is fucking NUTS! lolololololol

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I have a friend who went off the deep end there with stuff like that... just, one day, suddenly all news was a lie, and the explanation was nefarious and straight out of an X Files screenplay.

Then Donald Trump became president, and suddenly all that's kind of over and done with... I wonder if the "NWO puppet-masters" narrative that was serving as the backbone of his grand world view just kind of crumbled when Trump became president.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Oh okay. It IS Russianvids.

That guy is fucking NUTS! lolololololol

Haha he's hilarious!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    FOUND! shazaam is REAL!

lulz.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    FOUND! shazaam is REAL!

lulz.
    lolz i thought of you when an april fool's meme about Shazaam made the rounds.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I have a friend who went off the deep end there with stuff like that... just, one day, suddenly all news was a lie, and the explanation was nefarious and straight out of an X Files screenplay.

Then Donald Trump became president, and suddenly all that's kind of over and done with... I wonder if the "NWO puppet-masters" narrative that was serving as the backbone of his grand world view just kind of crumbled when Trump became president.
    Sadly, yes, i haven't seen much about NWO puppetmasters since trump got elected. So no more conspiracy entertainment for me.

See, here's the thing. People think that trump is the ANSWER to the new world order.

Fucking donald trump ruined conspiracy theories.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So here is one of the handful that has really tripped me out: beats by dr. dre.
    the logo has ALWAYS said beats by dr dre, never just beats by dre.

Edit:that's just the logo though; commercials and whatnot call it beats by dre, so it's not really very interesting.

Has anyone found any solid new ones?
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-11-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    May 12th, 2017 interview with Sinbad. The Shazaam talk begins at 12:34:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's just a compliment. You aren't very good at taking them, are you?
    @DF118 , this is far more profound than "misquotations."
    Have you looked into this phenomenon at all?
    It started when, upon Nelson Mandela's death, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE remembered him dying in prison and were confused.

I don't see how paranoia plays into it in any way. It exists. It interests me.

I swear to fucking god, every single time i start a thread here about something interesting that doesn't fit into everyone's neat little bubble of what's "cool," i receive comments like that and ridicule up to and and including people inferring and implying that i am stupid, which is pretty fucking laughable.

Why not look at strange things that are interesting? MILLIONS remember the Berenstain Bears books as BerenSTEIN. MILLIONS of people.

Is that not an interesting anomaly worthy of discussion?
    the more recent death of Mandela threw me for a loop as well. i remember feeling really confused in voicing the memories i have of Mandela's passing in the 80's
    i discussed this with my then (now ex bf) and he has no memory of an 80's death. i didn't think too much about it at that time until i ran a crossed some reading of the 'Mandela Effect' i was curious enough to ask my ex husband what his recollections are and he doesn't have memories of an 80's Mandela death. i went a lil further and quizzed my ex husband about what he remember's from Snow White (mirror mirror), Monopoly Millionaire (Monocle) Guy, Star Wars (Vader Luke_father scene), minus the Mandela thing he also remembered the other things the same way i did; mirror mirror/with monocle/Luke_father (vs no_father).
    it was just a curiosity i also found interesting, and that's kinda where it stops for me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    In light of spending a great deal of my life being gaslighted, I started to write everything down when I was very young. I kept close eye on everything to understand when I was wrong and when I was right. I find the thing people mis-remember to be odd. I worked in a library and a book store, so the Berenstain Bears thing makes me scratch my head, as I shelved it enough to remember it correctly. I don't remember Mandela dying until his late death. However, I have holes in my own brain that would make most people feel crazy. They aren't shared by a lot of other people, though. So when I swear I remember taking over for my friend driving in the rain through Pennsylvania to see a friend, and losing control of the wheel, I have to accept that she remembers being the one driving and losing control. The only good thing that has come of all my own false memories is that I have some good stories brewing that maybe one day I'll actually get written.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    One of my local news channels recently did a story on this. Apparently, a professor at Arizona State is getting some grant money to study this. http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/270174085-video

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    One of my local news channels recently did a story on this. Apparently, a professor at Arizona State is getting some grant money to study this. http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/270174085-video
    Here's a text version of the report. Seems this theory has a lot of parallels with the Jungian theory of collective unconscious memory. Basically, it occurred to Jung, after looking at mythologies which had symbols shared in common across the globe, across vastly different time periods, with no common historical lineage (mythologies that had therefore purportedly arose independently from one another), that a whole civilization could collectively "dream" a common set of forms accessible through the conscious mind of individuals living within this vast cross-continental social metabrain. Which is, I guess, a trippy pothead way to say 'access an alternate universe'.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Here's a text version of the report. Seems this theory has a lot of parallels with the Jungian theory of collective unconscious memory. Basically, it occurred to Jung, after looking at mythologies which had symbols shared in common across the globe, across vastly different time periods, with no common historical lineage (mythologies that had therefore purportedly arose independently from one another), that a whole civilization could collectively "dream" a common set of forms accessible through the conscious mind of individuals living within this vast cross-continental social metabrain. Which is, I guess, a trippy pothead way to say 'access an alternate universe'.
    I actually had a discussion with one of my former coworkers one day at the office about this (Mandela Effect) and how I didn't believe in it. I used the Berenstain Bears books and how people thought it was an e (Berenstein) but I used the picture I took the night before of one of my old books I had.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    I actually had a discussion with one of my former coworkers one day at the office about this (Mandela Effect) and how I didn't believe in it. I used the Berenstain Bears books and how people thought it was an e (Berenstein) but I used the picture I took the night before of one of my old books I had.
    Here is the thing for me though: it's happening. Millions of people are having the same false memories. Berenstein/Berenstain, Shazam, Ed McMahon and Publishers Clearinghouse, "beam me up, scotty" never having been uttered on Star Trek; it's HAPPENING. And stranger still, it all seemed to start happening around the same time.

People seem to equate the Mandela Effect with the idea that parallel universes have collided or that we live in a simulation or something else along those lines.

But the Mandela Effect isn't about what CAUSED the phenomenon; it's just the phenomenon itself.

I personally have no fucking clue why it happens (although the theory @botley linked sounds fairly compelling); I just know that it has happened and is happening.

One can't really not "believe" in the Mandela Effect.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-29-2017 at 02:45 AM.