Thread: Peaky Blinders

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Peaky Blinders

From BBC and Netflix. Season 3 just premiered streaming on Netflix. A rough and tumble post-WWI gang in Birmingham starring the sexy and brooding Cillian Murphy. Sam Neil and Tom Hardy both add another layer of starpower to what is a very capable cast that sells the period and the drama perfectly. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' Red Right Hand serves as a theme that sets the tone and aesthetic perfectly while the rest of the score feels very Cave/Warren Ellis-inspired. Rooms full of smoke and throats full of whiskey, it's a great time with a strong and unique atmosphere and is currently renewed through to a fifth season.

A few people in the Netflix thread wondered why there wasn't one for it and I did, too, so here we go.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I told myself I was going to hold off watching the last episode of season 3 for a few days. I didn't. I can't decide if it was a brilliant ending or not.

Music - a +
    Costuming - a +

Story- I need to watch it again. I got seriously confused for a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I was always curious about this show, seen it in passing a few times. I definitely want to check it out, looks like something I'd watch for sure!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Haven't watched the third season yet but i really liked the 1st two. Perhaps thats what ill spend my day doing as it's to wet outside for any real productivity.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    show's great, but man is it stylized. Everything looks gorgeous, but the show isn't remotely realistic. Be warned in advance.

Does season 3 keep up with the use of modern music? Love that so far.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    They do definitely keep up the use of modern music.

Season 3 was fucking phenomenal. That finale, goddamn.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tommy's a real piece of shit eh? Obviously he's got more up his sleeve though. Woah.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Second episode of Season Four has just finished half an hour ago on BBC2 here in the UK. These first two episodes have been the most tense shit I’ve ever seen, and more ruthless than any episode of Game Of Thrones or anything like that.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Watched all three seasons recently and couldn't shake the feeling that underneath all that slow-motion badassery that's set to contemporaty rock music the show is actually kind of empty...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Spoiler: I've been waiting for John's death since the beginning of the series. Totally didn't want it to happen but knew it would come eventually. I think the setup could have been better, though.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Watched all three seasons recently and couldn't shake the feeling that underneath all that slow-motion badassery that's set to contemporaty rock music the show is actually kind of empty...
    There's some truth to that. Not completely empty, but I get what you're saying. I still like the show, and am glad they keep it to very short seasons, prolly b/c of the reason you stated.