Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2068

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Jeffrey Dean Morgan's two top teeth remind me of Trent's quite a lot, anyone else notice that?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I agree it was a good episode but it was still too long. It could've been done in an hour. I really thought carl was gonna die. And I definitely thought michonne died.

I can't tell if Negan believes Eugene or not. I would say not but he let him live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See i actually LIKE the length. I like the slow burn. I find it to be kind of artsy rather than fartsy.
    Plus it did a good job of making me forget about Ezekiel and them being headed that way.

I was fucking terrified that we were going to be left WONDERING if Carl was going to die until next season.
    THAT would have infuriated me. For a minute there, i thought we were going to be left with a Daryl death fake-out, which also would have infuriated me.

Also, I, too, thought Michonne was a goner.

Edit: Oh, and i thought that cat had eaten Negan! How in the fuck was he not mauled? lolol
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-03-2017 at 07:48 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Oh so hey. Did Dwight leave that toy soldier there, the one that said DIDN'T KNOW on it?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Also, why the heck do the Scavengers talk like they do? It's much too contrived. We're still only a few years into the zombie apocalypse right? It's not like they're a second generation raised in savage conditions.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    Also, why the heck do the Scavengers talk like they do? It's much too contrived. We're still only a few years into the zombie apocalypse right? It's not like they're a second generation raised in savage conditions.
    We were talking about that last night. My guess is they're just not the smartest people our society had to offer at the time of the collapse. They're lucky they found each other.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I could have done without the flashback padding and Sasha scenes but otherwise a pretty decent episode.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Whoop ass finally delivered in the last 15 minutes!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    We were talking about that last night. My guess is they're just not the smartest people our society had to offer at the time of the collapse. They're lucky they found each other.
    My wife and i were talking about that too!
    And we were also wondering why Ezekiel talks the way he does.

We decided that they were all lunatics and probably talked that way BEFORE the end of the world :P

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Ezekiel is an act, considering he turns it on and off when needed.

Finale was a joke overall and why they felt the need to make Rick look like a fool is lost on me. I imagine that will set him up to be an unrelenting badass again next season though, and thats fine I guess.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 04-04-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    To think the audience gives a shit about Sasha dying that much is so tonedeaf. The show gave her character this episode long homage like anyone cares. We all know ho the audience cares about, and it ain't her.

I liked the slight deviation from how Holly died in the comics to how they had Sasha's zombification play out with her attacking Negan and throwing off their whole thing. That was cool. This whole thing with Eugene becoming a traitor is cool too.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Finale was OK. But you guys really thought that Michonne or even Carl for that matter were going to die? Please. This show is so predictable at this point, and the entire fight was anti-climatic as fuck. I saw the garbage people (Yes, that is what I call them) backstabbing them the minute that the blonde chick with Michonne said she would take the other post instead. It was all so obvious to me. Sasha was not a surprise since the entire episode was flashbacks and foreshadowing being shoved down your throat. You're going to tell me that NO ONE in that field saw a friggin' Tiger pouncing towards them? Up to ten people shooting automatic weapons at Negan's truck with the window wide open, and not one person at least hits his arm?? They could have finished most of this Negan arc, and could have even introduced The Whisperers with all the filler this season had. The fact that the writers, creators, or whatever have to say that the next season will "Melt peoples minds" is so silly to me. I feel as if they say this every time a season ends.

And when you think about it, the garbage people, there or not, didn't really serve any purpose whatsoever with joining Rick, and Rick had no reason at all to trust them. If we got a deeper look into them and their characters and the reason why they were thinking to fight in the first place, maybe I would have cared about them a bit more. Jadis is just a caricature, and if there was a more emotional connection to Rick's group, there could have been a much more engaging story.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    To think the audience gives a shit about Sasha dying that much is so tonedeaf. The show gave her character this episode long homage like anyone cares. We all know ho the audience cares about, and it ain't her.

I liked the slight deviation from how Holly died in the comics to how they had Sasha's zombification play out with her attacking Negan and throwing off their whole thing. That was cool. This whole thing with Eugene becoming a traitor is cool too.
    It actually worked on me, the Sasha thing, because of the way it was shown in the episode. It gave me the feels because of her connection with abraham.
    And then it was SO awesome that she had turned herself into a walker.
    That being said, I kind of wished she would have got negan.
    As much as I still like this show, there are things that are trying, I'll admit. I'm a little skeptical about negan still being alive, because like, goddamn, are they gonna drag it out for ANOTHER year? Waiting for retribution against negan I mean?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Oh, 100% it will go on for a WHILE with Negan. All Out War will take up the entirety of next season at the very least. It's a big story. And then there is what comes after.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan ain't going nowhere for a long time.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So I've heard a little about this Whisper story. Does that happen right after All Out War @bobbie solo , or is there another arc? I mean in the comic of course.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Ezekiel is an act, considering he turns it on and off when needed.

Finale was a joke overall and why they felt the need to make Rick look like a fool is lost on me. I imagine that will set him up to be an unrelenting badass again next season though, and thats fine I guess.
    Whenever Ezekiel is doing his schtick I feel like this about him:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So I've heard a little about this Whisper story. Does that happen right after All Out War @bobbie solo , or is there another arc? I mean in the comic of course.
    After All Out War an undetermined amount of time passes from one issue to the next before the whisperers enter the picture.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I've heard it said that two or so years pass. Im not sure of that at all.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

and ya PUSHED me!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Nice. This post reminds me: I saw this guy at a sushi bar in Atlanta a few weeks ago http://m.imdb.com/name/nm1476804/

I thought about going up to him but the hubs discouraged me...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Nice. This post reminds me: I saw this guy at a sushi bar in Atlanta a few weeks ago http://m.imdb.com/name/nm1476804/

I thought about going up to him but the hubs discouraged me...
    I saw him again this afternoon. He was walking outside the restaurant we were going into. He made eye contact with me so I smiled and waved. He smiled back. He seems cool.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I went to Son of Monsterpalooza a few weeks ago in Burbank, and met Steven Yeun (Glenn). He signed Lucille, which now hangs over my Walking Dead pinball machine.

I’m all caught up on the comic book series, and I’m going to be Negan at my Halloween party in a couple of weeks, so, uh, yeah... I’m a bit of a fanboy.

Bring on the new season!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Thoroughly enjoyed tonight’s episode.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Decent premiere, what's with the jumping around to different points in time though? i wish the show would shy away from that sort of thing and just stick to keeping things fairly linear.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I didn’t like the premiere. So many plot holes in their ambush. Why are you shooting at windows? Shoot at negan.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I didn’t like the premiere. So many plot holes in their ambush. Why are you shooting at windows?
    I was wondering about that, i thought maybe they were trying to hit something explosive inside the building but yeah that was kinda silly.

All that ammunition wasted and for what? Intimidation? pfft.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I thought it was pretty good considering the dreck this shitty show gives us sometimes. I have heard from a good friend who reads leaks also that the mid-season finale is a debacle though, so I'm not too confident as usual.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yep, my friend was right. What a pointless, padded, nonsensical episode. The mental gymnastics one has to go through are insane to justify why the Saviors didn't kill multiple characters in this episode, nevermind the many prior that we've seen. Part. in that highway seen with Maggie & the Hilltop crew. That was the most aggregious.

No explanation on how Negan and apparently still dozens upon dozens of Saviors got out of the Sanctuary after the garbage truck was drove into the building. They're just out. Uuugghh!

And that final "twist"...lol. JUST STOP IT. They're doing that same unnecessary cliffhanger thing that angered everyone last year. But I guess the sheep will still stick by the show and defend it to the end.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 12-11-2017 at 02:24 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I could hardly see what was going on in the mid-season finale because it was too damn dark!