Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

I was a bit weary when I heard that they were going to try and make a TV show based on zombies from a comic book series, but after ripping through the first season on Blu-ray I found myself pleasantly surprised. If you haven't had the chance to check this series out, DO IT. You can thank me later

The make-up on the Zombies is top notch too....

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Better yet, go out and get the comics. They are fantastic. Lots of gore, great character development and there isn't a happy ending...at least not yet.
    I'm currently reading the Rise of the Governor, which will be (I hope) a major character in the TV Show.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Better yet, go out and get the comics. They are fantastic. Lots of gore, great character development and there isn't a happy ending...at least not yet.
    I'm currently reading the Rise of the Governor, which will be (I hope) a major character in the TV Show.
    This is true. I wish I had started with the Comics first but now find myself with A LOT of catching up to do (reading wise)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I quite like this show, but this season has been dragging a bit while they are at the farm. It would be boring if they just sat around all the time trying to survive. While that would be a good idea in the event of an actual zombie outbreak, it's not good for a serial television show.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Daryl is the only one who hasn't been insufferable this season.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Daryl is the only one who hasn't been insufferable this season.

Agreed. He's my favorite character on the show. I hope they do more with him. I was on the edge of my seat 2 episodes ago. Those who have seen that episode will know why. Other than him I don't like any other characters that much.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I haven't been able to keep up with the show since the season premiere. I loved the first season and was really looking forward to watching every episode of this season in order. I might have to get on AMC next Sunday, I think they still replay the previous episodes during the afternoon/evening.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Wow.

That was a brilliant mid-season finale.

I love how different this is compared to the comic. The fact that Shane is still alive and disrupting story beats from the comic with his presence and now contributing to the breaking point of all that was taking place on the farm...

Wow. I love it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    watching tonights episode right now! *squeee!*

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    It was a good way to break off the season until new episodes next February. Rick has to be a changed man now.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Man, feb. cant come soon enough. You're right Orestes, they ended this at a good spot.....

Sent from your girl's iPhone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really loved this episode. My friend and I were literally yelling about the ending. I started reading the Compendium a couple weeks ago and I do love how this is different from the books. I really hope Shane will get killed off on the next half though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I really liked the mid-season finale. I couldn't believe the ending though. I hope that Shane dies soon too. The actor is that plays him is great. Also, I hope that Daryl never dies. Ever. Zen Buddha Zombie Hunter ftw.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    I haven't been able to keep up with the show since the season premiere. I loved the first season and was really looking forward to watching every episode of this season in order. I might have to get on AMC next Sunday, I think they still replay the previous episodes during the afternoon/evening.
    I no longer have cable and relied on AMC streaming the Season 2 episodes online. Unfortunately, they ONLY streamed episode 201 so I've had to do without. I'm afraid they won't stream Season 2 until just before the new episodes in February, if then.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lady weetly View Post
    I really loved this episode. My friend and I were literally yelling about the ending. I started reading the Compendium a couple weeks ago and I do love how this is different from the books. I really hope Shane will get killed off on the next half though.
    Really? For a while I wanted him to die, too, but now that he's more turning into Rick's counterpart, I almost want to see if he'll make it to season 3, if not the very end of season 2. For a minute I actually thought he was going to get shot before his little meltdown at the end of the mid-season finale.

I'm one of those people that didn't read the comics until after I started watching season 1, but I've gotta say that I don't necessarily wish I'd read the comics before the show. Well, I guess it sounds like a bad thing when I word it like that, but what I mean is that watching the show and reading the comics don't really ruin one or the other for me. The stories follow the same general timeline, but everything's so tossed up that it's like seeing two different universes in the realm of The Walking Dead. I mean, with the inclusion of new characters, extending some characters' timelines and shortening others, plus throwing in new plot twists, the show really stands out from the comics.

Am I the only one that watches Talking Dead?? Did anyone else get hella excited when they heard Kirkman say he was trying to write a part for Michonne to appear in the show in the near future?

And #wtfOtis??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can dig it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Am I the only one that watches Talking Dead?? Did anyone else get hella excited when they heard Kirkman say he was trying to write a part for Michonne to appear in the show in the near future?
    I've only caught a few afterward, but oooo this is very awesome. I didn't know this!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lady weetly View Post
    I've only caught a few afterward, but oooo this is very awesome. I didn't know this!
    YES. It was pretty cool, too. I guess a couple days before the most recent episode was the hosts birthday, so Greg Nicotero gave him the actual zombie ear necklace prop that Daryl put together earlier in the season. AND Alice Cooper was one of the fan callers. Chris just said "Oh my god! I have the biggest nerd boner right now!"

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeedroPaula View Post
    I no longer have cable and relied on AMC streaming the Season 2 episodes online. Unfortunately, they ONLY streamed episode 201 so I've had to do without. I'm afraid they won't stream Season 2 until just before the new episodes in February, if then.
    learn how to use torrents my friend, then get an invite to demonoid.me. i can get one for u if u want.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Shouldn't Darryl be a zombie by now after impaling himself on the arrow he's been shooting through other zombies?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Last edited by imail724; 12-04-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Eh, the show has pretty much nulled the concept that you can become a zombie by coming in contact with body fluids. What, with Rick and Daryl vivisecting a dead walker, for example. The only sure way to become a walker is to be bitten by one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I loved the first season, but this season was pretty meh until last week's episode. I'm hoping when it starts back up again it stays on that track.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Eh, the show has pretty much nulled the concept that you can become a zombie by coming in contact with body fluids. What, with Rick and Daryl vivisecting a dead walker, for example. The only sure way to become a walker is to be bitten by one.
    yeah. It pretty much goes like this - and it might be a spoiler from the comics, but it's not a big revelation I suppose - They either already have the "virus" or whatever it is in them, and it's not "active" until they die, or they can become infected through blood/bites/etc., and they don't turn until they die.

I only say either/or because I want to say that a character in the comics turned after dying without being bit or infected, but I can't remember a name. I really need to read through them again!

Edit - Basically, it's the fever and the injury from the bite or attack that kills them more than the "becoming a zombie" thing. If they can get that under control, then they won't turn. At least I think that's how it is in this zombie-verse.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-03-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    yeah. It pretty much goes like this - and it might be a spoiler from the comics, but it's not a big revelation I suppose - They either already have the "virus" or whatever it is in them, and it's not "active" until they die, or they can become infected through blood/bites/etc., and they don't turn until they die.

I only say either/or because I want to say that a character in the comics turned after dying without being bit or infected, but I can't remember a name. I really need to read through them again!

Edit - Basically, it's the fever and the injury from the bite or attack that kills them more than the "becoming a zombie" thing. If they can get that under control, then they won't turn. At least I think that's how it is in this zombie-verse.
    Spoiler: It was Shane. Carl shot him and they buried his body. Rick went back once he found out about Lori's pregnancy and their one-nighter, watched him pull himself up from the grave all zombified, and shot him again.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Thank you! Now I remember. I really do need to re-read them if that's who I was forgetting. Last I remember reading was...Spoiler: The Governor was storming the prison with the tank and half the city. Sooo excited to see what happens next!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Great episode last night. Rick showed he's a bad m-er f-er and I think some serious shit is gonna go down between him and shane before the season's up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    All I know is next Sunday can't come soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The Walking Dead: 40 minutes are like a conversation with your mother, and 5 minutes are awesome and badass.
    Don't get me wrong, I love convo-heavy shows (Mad Men, Deadwood) but this one is really tiring.
    Last edited by profane; 02-13-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    loved the conflict in the bar. very on the edge-of-your-seat stuff!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    the producer insisted we're going to get more action/zombies as the final episodes of the season progress. I'll believe it when I see it, but the previews show the continuation of the bar scene to be potentially very intense.