Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Believe me, I have come NO WHERE near close to spoiling Morgan's story in the comics. If you'd like to find out, support the comic and head to your LCS and pick up each volume until you're caught up.
    I think after Seaward they were all talking about Chonson who posted spoilers for pretty much everything in the next episode of the show.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Yes, I still think comic spoilers are fair game since the series has been around for a hundred issues

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Oh! Yeah, just saw that. That shit's disappearing right now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I tried to make it hidden. :/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Uh oh. Rick brain fall down go boom boom.

Was anyone else reminded of The Shining?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It's getting nuts how much better this season is than last, almost seems like a completely different show.

Spoiler: I wonder if Maggie and Glenn are going to take the place of what happens to Michonne and Rick in the comics at the hands of the Governor. I've been wondering if they're even going to do that in the show since it's so fucking crazy.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I can't understand why the Governor is so out to get anyone not of his "camp". First with the soldiers and now with the Atlanta group. What has he got to gain by going against these people? Guys who have read the comics, can you enlighten me here without spoiling anything? Is there a reason behind this, just a yes or no will do. Or is this part different from the comics?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    If I remember right, I think he's just power hungry...He just wants to build and build Woodbury and be the head honcho. I'm not sure that there's really much more reason than that.

He took out the soldiers because he knew they could be a problem; he probably couldn't manipulate them the way he does everyone else.

Edit: However, I haven't read Rise of the Governor or Road to Woodbury, so I dunno all the details on his character.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    @kdrcraig, Spoiler: Glenn was beat up at Woodbury in the comics too. I don't think they'll replace the rapey bits with Maggie instead of Michonne because it's on TV but we'll see... I also think that Merle will be the one to chop off Rick's hand though to get back at him once Rick inevitably goes to Woodbury to talk to the Governor/rescue Glenn and Maggie.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    May I please request a 'COMIC SPOILER' tag. I watch the show, but I've never read the comics. It would nice if those of you who've read the comics would do that even if it might not be all that relevant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was under the impression that the spoilers were pretty much all for things relating to the comics as the thread title already says there's show spoilers in it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    YES. Spoiler for the show (and I guess the comics?), but awesome news for readers of the comics.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/11/20...he-comic-books

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was pretty pissed at Michonne that she just stood there during the whole "kidnapping." Then she showed up at the fence and Rick saw her with the fomula, and all was well again.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I was pretty pissed at Michonne that she just stood there during the whole "kidnapping."
    I was definitely expecting her to do something when that was going on

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    FUCK.

FUUUUUUUCK.

Best season so far, hands down.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    While it's been more consistent overall they really fucked up Michonne and Andrea this half season. Andrea's actions make sense right now but she's awful compared to the comic's Andrea still. Michonne had no fucking reason to go into Woodbury and try to kill the Governor though. Being mad at him sending Merle chasing after her was a shit reason compared to the comics. It looks like they'll be improving though as Andrea moves away from Woodbury and Michonne stops just scowling as 90% of her responses. What happens if Merle and Daryl get back with Rick will be interesting though. Spoiler: I wonder when Rick's hand will get cut off too. I was expecting Merle to be the one to do it but that seems unlikely if he rejoins the group somehow.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Andrea is the dumbest character and is now on my shit list. After seeing the heads, and his zombified daughter... she is STILL THERE just lingering around like nothing even happened. She needs a good kick in the face if you ask me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Andrea is the dumbest character and is now on my shit list. After seeing the heads, and his zombified daughter... she is STILL THERE just lingering around like nothing even happened. She needs a good kick in the face if you ask me.
    It looks like after she saw Daryl she's starting to come around though. I think they'll turn her around pretty quickly next half season. She was a fucking idiot this half though.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    It looks like after she saw Daryl she's starting to come around though. I think they'll turn her around pretty quickly next half season. She was a fucking idiot this half though.
    Yea, I saw her reaction to that as well. Just couldn't believe she didn't decide to get the fuck out once she saw that scene.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Her running into Michonne in The Governor's "room" was the worst. "ANDREA. LOOK TO YOUR LEFT. THREE FEET TO YOUR LEFT. RED FLAG. RED FUCKING FLAG."

I really like what they're doing with Merle and Daryl, though. I can definitely see Merle going back to the prison after the Guv'nah publicly demonized him. I don't expect it to be a smooth transition, but a possibility, for sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hope Daryl makes it out ok! Could care less about Merle.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    So you care about him a little, but there's still room for you to care less? :P

I like him. He's a bit of an asshole, like, a huge asshole, but he's the yin to Daryl's yang. I like that even after everything that's happened, they still have that brotherly bond that they hold above everything else. I think it makes them pretty interesting characters.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Her running into Michonne in The Governor's "room" was the worst. "ANDREA. LOOK TO YOUR LEFT. THREE FEET TO YOUR LEFT. RED FLAG. RED FUCKING FLAG."
    HA! I was yelling at the tv: "Look around! LOOK AROUND!". That led to my gf telling me to calm down.

I love when the bros are together as well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    So you care about him a little, but there's still room for you to care less? :P

I like him. He's a bit of an asshole, like, a huge asshole, but he's the yin to Daryl's yang. I like that even after everything that's happened, they still have that brotherly bond that they hold above everything else. I think it makes them pretty interesting characters.
    *Couldn't care less, sorry

You're right, he is the yin to Daryl's yang.. he's just annoying. However, I do like the point that he'll probably change now that the Governor has basically made him a scapegoat. He's also very unstable.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's a shame. In the comics Andrea is the baddest of asses... in the show not so much

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    @Mech - Heh, just busting your chops.

I don't really see the new Andrea as a fault on the show's part, though. The show lacks a badass Andrea, but makes up for it with Carl stepping it up for the group. There's a lot of trade-off between the show and comics, but it's honestly really refreshing to have that. If the show were a cookie-cutter version of the comics, I dunno how interesting it'd be. To me, at least.

Oh yeah, am I the only one that was hoping Andrea would accidentally shoot Daryl again? :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, now Carl, he's friggin awesome for a little kid.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Could the Governor be pretending to kick Merle out of his inner circle? Andrea was going to find out about Rick's group at some point, and if she helps the brothers escape and go back to the prison, that would help the Governor with his plan of getting someone on the inside to take down the group within the prison. Got to make it look believable to Andrea and Daryl, right?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Holy crap. You could be absolutely right. I mean, it's not like we have that one guy from the comics, either. What was his name? Riley?

Edit: Nope. Martinez. And he is in the show!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-04-2012 at 11:42 AM.