Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 2068

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Think I briefly saw a spoiler on YT thumbnail. Does Spoiler: Carol kill Hornsby?

edit: yep.
    Oh so 20 is loose? Jesus, droogiwoogs, we're halfway through the end of the end, then.

Thanks for the tip @versusreality

We caught some kind of flu, Sheap and i, so I didn't know.

I slept for like 14 hours, woke up, drank a beer and two Gatorades from the fridge, and slept for ten or eleven more hours.

Idk if it's Dog Flew or Bird Flew or Swine Flu. (in keeping with the clockwork orange theme), I guess I'd have to ask Bog and all His Holy Angels and Saints on my left shoe.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    https://horror.fandom.com/wiki/Lloyd_the_Bartender

"Yes it is, Mr Torrents. What'll it be?"
    Oh jesus that went directly over my head until ten seconds ago

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Watched episode 19 last night. Kind of a slow episode. It was cool to see the walker climbing up the house - a new breed! I thought it was a Whisperer at first.
    Who were the people that kidnapped Rosita?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Watched episode 19 last night. Kind of a slow episode. It was cool to see the walker climbing up the house - a new breed! I thought it was a Whisperer at first.
    Who were the people that kidnapped Rosita?
    Commonwealth people. They're exiling all the people related to Eugene or whatever.

The end of episode 20 has an excellent character death.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Oh so 20 is loose? Jesus, droogiwoogs, we're halfway through the end of the end, then.

Thanks for the tip @versusreality

We caught some kind of flu, Sheap and i, so I didn't know.

I slept for like 14 hours, woke up, drank a beer and two Gatorades from the fridge, and slept for ten or eleven more hours.

Idk if it's Dog Flew or Bird Flew or Swine Flu. (in keeping with the clockwork orange theme), I guess I'd have to ask Bog and all His Holy Angels and Saints on my left shoe.
    Beer and Gatorade?! Take a tip out of Maynard's book and go with Sunkist and Sudafed.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...ies-explained/

The Walking Dead's "smart" zombies finally solve decade-long mystery

"The truth is we hadn't really figured out yet what the rules for the zombies were."

Episode 19 of The Walking Dead's eleventh and final season is mostly a story of two halves. On the one hand, Pamela Milton is out for revenge following the death of her incredibly annoying son, Sebastian. But what's more interesting is everything else that's going on with Aaron, Lydia, Jerry, and Elijah, who have all gone off to find supplies for Oceanside.
    Out in the wild, they come across an amusement park that's been done up to look like a castle. Looks pretty safe, right? Well, Aaron tempts fate by telling Lydia that "loss is inevitable," and then right after, we see a crusty old hand appear over the wall from a distance.
    Later that night, when everyone's chilling by the fire, a horde of walkers stroll on in, much to everyone's surprise. It turns out that the walls weren't enough to keep these particular zombies at bay. And that's not all. One tries to take Lydia's weapon from her and another even turns a doorknob at one point.

Yep, these are the long rumoured "smart zombies" that the show's been teasing recently in trailers for the final season. But Aaron doesn't know that, so he just assumes they're Whisperers who are pretending to be walkers. Makes sense, but when he tries to rip off one of their masks, Aaron discovers that there aren't any masks at all. These are their actual rotten, decrepit faces.
    Once the walkers are finally taken care of, Aaron speculates that there might be "other kinds" of zombies out there now following this skirmish. And he's right. There are.
    At the very end of World Beyond, The Walking Dead'sYA spinoff, we learn that new, faster zombies now exist in France. But those aren't the same as these "smart" zombies Aaron and the gang are dealing with over in America.

Speaking about these new variants, Walking Dead chief content officer Scott M. Gimple explained to EW that: "There's some different behavior, but this isn't any sort of reinvention... The truth is we hadn't really figured out yet what the rules for the zombies were."
    Gimple's referring here to early walkers, like that little girl who exhibited more human behaviour than the others who followed in her rotten, shuffling footsteps. So why haven't we seen this kind of "smart" behaviour again up until now?

"We sort of played into that as if there might be certain walkers in certain regions that might have different abilities that we really haven't seen before. We're kind of playing into the idea that some of these are out there and they're just encountering them now."
    So these smarter variants have always existed within the show, but our gang has just been lucky enough to avoid them up until now. Admittedly, it's not the best explanation, but it does make more sense than anything else fans have come up with to try and explain those earlier "smart" zombies away.
    And another benefit of this is how these new variants have reinvigorated the show during its final run. As showrunner Angela Kang pointed out during our exclusive chat:
    "We're always looking for ways to kind of turn up the heat on our heroes... If you've been used to one set of rules for zombies, and you haven't really encountered ones that do these other things, then some of your mechanisms for protecting yourself change."

Through this "exploration of the past and the present," these not-so-new "smart zombies" really do turn up the heat, as Angela put it.
    "It's just in the spirit of exploring what's out there," adds Kang. "And for those who caught the end of World Beyond, we've seen that there may be a different variant that exists somewhere else, too. That's just part of the fun."
    But it's not just fun. Sure, we did get a kick out of Aaron's reaction when he tried to pull off that "mask". And yes, it's nice that the show has finally explained away this mystery in a way that actually makes sense. But more than that, it's also about centring the walkers again, finally.

Because over the years, it's safe to say that zombies have gradually taken a step back on this show in favour of humans who, of course, have been "the real monsters all along". But actually, no, walkers are pretty horrific too, so it's gratifying that The Walking Dead acknowledges this with these new variants right towards the end of its lifespan.
    Aside from the flashbacks, it's this kind of reframing that actually makes the final episodes a full-circle moment – especially for fans who have stuck with this show ever since that grubby little girl first chased Rick down with her teddy in hand.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    21's on AMC+

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Jeeze, only 3 episodes left now.

What did Negan mean when he said “I don’t think I’m going to be walking out of here with you” to Ezekiel?

edit: looks like Ezekiel is giving Rick's comic speech. He'll probably die in the next 3 episodes along with Jerry.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 10-23-2022 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    All the feels.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I watched episode 20 last night. Kinda weird how there's talk about the Commonwealth having a train set up but no one has seen it yet?

I really thought Pam was going to push Yumiko off the stage when she said she was going to defend Eugene.

The scene with Hornsby in the cell with a zombie Sebastian was wicked - the blood and guts everywhere. TWD is on their A-Game with props/make-up/etc.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I watched episode 20 last night. Kinda weird how there's talk about the Commonwealth having a train set up but no one has seen it yet?

I really thought Pam was going to push Yumiko off the stage when she said she was going to defend Eugene.

The scene with Hornsby in the cell with a zombie Sebastian was wicked - the blood and guts everywhere. TWD is on their A-Game with props/make-up/etc.

They're also saying "fuck" left right and centre in this last run. Even used Rick saying "they're fucking with the wrong people" in the above video instead of the aired "messing with".

FYI "Outpost 22" - the place, not the episode name... which is the same thing anyway, lol, is Alexandria. So The Commonwealth are sending folks there. Little do they know Daryl and the gang know all the intricacies of Alexandria and will outsmart them.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    The Walking Dead series finale ending is 'the same, but different' from the comic book

The Walking Dead comic has a beautiful and emotional ending, but can the TV series do the same with so many changes? We talked finale with chief content officer Scott M. Gimple.

https://ew.com/tv/walking-dead-serie...tv-comic-book/

So how much will the end of The Walking Dead show differ from the original source material? We posed that very question to chief content officer Scott M. Gimple. Sooooooo, what say you, Mr. Gimple. "It's like a remix," says the man who also happens to be showrunning the new Rick and Michonne spin-off. "Some things simply have to remix, which I think is awesome, because I loved the end of the comic, but we get to see another version of it, because we have to."

According to Gimple, the ending fans watch will play out in a new way, while still retaining the spirit of the comic: "It still takes Robert Kirkman's really cool story and tells his story, but in a very different way and with a different ending. It's like the same, but different."

Gimple also notes that he and the creative team had their work cut out for them coming up with not only a satisfactory end for the story, but each of the characters as well — and this story has no shortage of characters. "I think the cast of main characters on the show might even be a little bigger than how the comic ended," notes Gimple. "All of those characters have endings. It's a very intense last few episodes. Up until the finale, it is just full intensity. The throttle is open."

And if you were concerned that the series would not truly wrap things up due to assortment of spin-offs on the way in 2023, Gimple says you can put those worries to bed: "It ends with a really definitive conclusion for both the series and then each individual character."

Which character gets the final scene now that Carl is gone, and when that final scene takes place, however, remains to be seen.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Well, I think Judith's speeches at the beginning of each episode this half is her in the future reflecting back on the past.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Well, I think Judith's speeches at the beginning of each episode this half is her in the future reflecting back on the past.
    As in, when she’s really old? Or just a bit older so that the Daryl / Maggie & Negan spin-offs don’t seem completely far fetched?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Not really older per say. Just a bit older.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    The Daryl Dixon TV YT channel has uploaded the opening minutes to episode S11E22, so I think it’s just a matter of time for the Jack Torrents to appear.

This one is called Faith. Second last is Family. Series finale is Rest In Peace.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    22 on AMC+

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    The Daryl Dixon TV YT channel has uploaded the opening minutes to episode S11E22, so I think it’s just a matter of time for the Jack Torrents to appear.

This one is called Faith. Second last is Family. Series finale is Rest In Peace.
    yup.

I just met Mr. Torrents in the bathroom, and he offered me a drink: 22% alcohol.

HOLY FUCK, dude.

That's...that's TWO MORE EPISODES LEFT

"I can see it from the roof of my house...guys, if this is the end...it's been an honor."
    @Erneuert @ickyvicky @thelastdisciple @versusreality
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-30-2022 at 04:41 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    “Time to fuck shit up.”

hahahahah

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    The Walking Dead’s Rick And Michonne Show Is Actually Written And Co-Created By Danai Gurira

Well here’s a development I’d consider promising about the upcoming Rick and Michonne spin-off headed to AMC after The Walking Dead ends. It turns out Michonne herself, Danai Gurira, is actually writing the show (at least in part) and is being credited as a co-creator of the series, which she developed directly with Walking Dead overlord Scott Gimple.

It’s also been revealed that in addition to being an “epic love story tale” this is being described by Gurira as a “prestige miniseries.” Meaning however many episodes there are, this is the end, this is not meant to be an ongoing adventure. Gimple talks about working with Gurira on the show to bring the story to “a full realized ending.”

So far, the other two main spin-offs are not being described as miniseries, Negan and Maggie’s Dead City, nor Daryl’s spin-off in France. They could be, and The Walking Dead has already greenlit one dedicated miniseries in the form of The World Beyond, but it’s news to me that’s what they were planning to do with Rick, and that Michonne herself would be scripting the tale. It’s a very, very interesting development, as we’ve gone from an alleged series of theatrical Rick Grimes movies that may guest star Michonne, to now this miniseries instead starring both of them with Gurira being a major creative force behind it.

Gurira has been one of the busiest cast members of The Walking Dead when she was both on and off the show. She rose to mainstream prominence with her role as Okoye in Black Panther, and now she will return this November for Wakanda Forever. It’s possible that this Rick and Michonne series only came about because the show that Danai Gurira was supposed to run for HBO, Americah, was cancelled before it ever got made because its star, Lupita Nyong'o, couldn’t do it because of scheduling conflicts. But clearly Gurira was ready to take charge of a series, and this new TWD show is allowing her to do just that to a certain extent.

I really do hope this is going to be more than a six episode miniseries wrapping up Rick and Michonne’s arc. The World Beyond ran for two seasons of 10 episodes, a pre-determined length for its short tale, but it wasn’t that short at least. So I’m hoping we’ll get at least that. I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad idea to have firm endings for some of these spin-offs, and yet knowing this is going to happen, we’re going to have to prepare to say goodbye to Rick and Michonne all over again when this does end up airing, and I’m not sure the Walking Dead fanbase is ready for that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I guess I'll get around to responding to you since you necro-facepalmed my post.

Wait, you preferred FTWD season FIVE over six and seven?
    Five is the worst season of television I've ever watched.

Also, I'm not into comics. I DID read most of TWD, but jesus: the show IMMEDIATELY diverged from the comic, WILDLY. Daryl's existence, Shane's role, Andrea, Carol, Judith, Lori, Sophia ...obviously I could go on and on.
    The show has NEVER been the comic, at all.

Personally, I think the MCU is just about the most mindless, ridiculous.thing I've ever seen in my life, and I'm utterly baffled by its success. (That's not a personal attack, mind you: I've no idea what your opinion is in that department).

Does TWD hold a candle to Breaking Bad or Twin Peaks or The Leftovers, or BtVS ? Hell no.
    Did I prefer FTWD season 5 over 6 and 7? Honestly I don't know, they sort of blend together after a while. I can say though that when FTWD came out it wasn't long before I preferred it over the flagship show (even seasons after Nick was gone).

I didn't read the comics before getting into the TV. The comics are well done, but I'm certainly not purist snob who's angry because "it's not like it was in the book!" (although I'll say that the casting for Andrea was a travesty) In fact I believe that's probably a good thing! Making changes in adaptations keeps the readers on their toes and gives room for improvement. My gripes are more fundamental. I just got to the point where I wasn't having fun watching.

The Marvel universe is fine, I'm a mild fan who's seen the majority but not all of the movies. It has it's place and provides mostly brainless entertainment that's fun. I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking from a post apocalyptic zombie survival show like The Walking Dead either. Here I'm looking for good tension, suspense, horror. What I'm finding is I don't give a shit about these people. These newer characters, I couldn't give a shit if they lived or died. Maybe the dynamic shifted now that characters are being born into the apocalypse rather than witnessing it begin, but I'd argue the writing just isn't as good.

It's really a to each their own thing. I'm completely with you for Twin Peaks, Breaking Bad, etc, and I know it sucks a little when someone comes up to me and says "ah that show sucks." It's so subjective and I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anyone else's. If you're still happy with it then more power to you! Just not my cup of tea anymore, and especially not the scores of franchise off-shoots they've got in the works. I'm a completist, I'll want to see all aspects of the world, and when I see 6 spin offs or whatever in the works, and still wanting my time back from World Beyond, ugh.. I'm done! Done! and I don't regret it.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    @Sebek I hit you with a necro faceplam?

I'm sorry. I've been going through some shit.
    And most people aren't offended by faceplams, but I AM, so I apologize.
    I was having a bad day, perhaps. And TWD is a big ass part of what keeps me going.
    No offense. I've been quite mercurial, as of late: death in the family, couple of friends died recently, wife is in hospital more than she isn't.

I DO still maintain that FTWD season 5 was the worst series of television I've ever seen, though.

Yes, all art is subjective.

But I must ask: what new characters are you talking about?
    Magna's group?

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    @Erneuert

Danai writing the show?
    That's actually what gives me The Fear.

Fuuuuuuck. The episodes that Coral wrote were BAD.

Idk, man.

Also...fuck me: are we only getting like 6 episodes of rick, to explain six fucking YEARS, AND how he finds Michonne, AND what happens after?
    Is that what I'm reading between the lines?

Oh jesus.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    @Sebek I hit you with a necro faceplam?

But I must ask: what new characters are you talking about?
    Magna's group?
    No offense taken. Consider TWD in it's glory days: it was a cultural phenomenon and I believe a lot of that had to do with the charisma of characters like Rick, Glen, Daryl, Michonne, Maggie. I get that they wanted to subvert expectations and no one is safe, etc, but losing Rick and Glen and Michonne (and for a period Maggie) left huge holes. If you had to say the story centered on anyone you'd say Rick. You put yourself in his shoes from episode 1 as you watched a man desperately trying to save his family in the worst of situations. Now the entire family is gone, the heart is gone.

I'm not saying a show can't adjust but it's tough to shift that center after so long. Is Daryl, Carol and Negan enough to do all the heavy lifting? Daryl is great but you can tell that a lot of his story lines were meant for Rick and that was never his purpose. Do people relate to Negan? Probably not. It feels like most of the characters who we grew with over the bulk of the first seven years are now gone. For every 'B' character familiar face like Gabriel, Rosita, Eugene there's at least two nobodies absolutely like Magna's group (Yukimo, Kelly, Connie, etc, they're the worst) and everyone associated with the Commonwealth. I don't know if it's cast being too big, a lack of nuance, or ineffective writing but pretty much any new character from the last 5+ years just hasn't resonated with me.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Watched episode 21 last night. The whole thing with Maggie and the little boy walker was a waste of time given how down to the wire we are now.

I did dig Maggie's "Pam's messing with the wrong people" speech at the end. Let's fuck shit up!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Finally got caught up on the last like 4 or so episodes, yeah it's def crazy to think there's only 2 episodes left of the flagship show... so I'm guessing we're not going to see much of Rick if at all? Are they just saving him for the finale? I know they have that upcoming show with Michonne that was supposed to be the movies or whatever but i thought he'd be involved a little more with the remaining episodes of this season.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Let's fuck shit up!
    That's literally the last thing said at the end of the next episode you'll watch, lol.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Finally got caught up on the last like 4 or so episodes, yeah it's def crazy to think there's only 2 episodes left of the flagship show... so I'm guessing we're not going to see much of Rick if at all? Are they just saving him for the finale? I know they have that upcoming show with Michonne that was supposed to be the movies or whatever but i thought he'd be involved a little more with the remaining episodes of this season.
    I'm betting they'll show some 10-20 second ambiguous shot of Rick as part of the CRM or something at the end of the last episode. Knowing them.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebek View Post
    No offense taken. Consider TWD in it's glory days: it was a cultural phenomenon and I believe a lot of that had to do with the charisma of characters like Rick, Glen, Daryl, Michonne, Maggie. I get that they wanted to subvert expectations and no one is safe, etc, but losing Rick and Glen and Michonne (and for a period Maggie) left huge holes. If you had to say the story centered on anyone you'd say Rick. You put yourself in his shoes from episode 1 as you watched a man desperately trying to save his family in the worst of situations. Now the entire family is gone, the heart is gone.

I'm not saying a show can't adjust but it's tough to shift that center after so long. Is Daryl, Carol and Negan enough to do all the heavy lifting? Daryl is great but you can tell that a lot of his story lines were meant for Rick and that was never his purpose. Do people relate to Negan? Probably not. It feels like most of the characters who we grew with over the bulk of the first seven years are now gone. For every 'B' character familiar face like Gabriel, Rosita, Eugene there's at least two nobodies absolutely like Magna's group (Yukimo, Kelly, Connie, etc, they're the worst) and everyone associated with the Commonwealth. I don't know if it's cast being too big, a lack of nuance, or ineffective writing but pretty much any new character from the last 5+ years just hasn't resonated with me.
    I feel you.

But I guess, well, im into dark shit.

Can Norman and JD Morgan, etc, carry the show?

I honestly wouldn't give a fuck if THOSE characters were gone, TBH, the show could be populated by no name characters.
    I never had some big hard on for any of them.

It could be anyone.

I like post apocalypse shit. Period. If another current show does it better,well,,sign me up.

It's just a matter of opinion.

Last edited by elevenism; 11-02-2022 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I don't get how they can have had Magna on the show for this long and she still feels like she was only introduced last week.