Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Body armor and long spears can't stop those pesky stealth mode zombies.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The whole Glenn scenario is fucking stupid and tries to treat the audience like idiots. "Lets take his name out of the credits for more gossip, hahahaaa." They have this moronic way of trying to make these people seem like superheroes and make it seem like they're dead just to appear from a miraculous comeback. Kind of hoping that he gets his face smashed in now.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Stealing Daryl's crossbow and bike = dick move.

@Self.Destructive.Pattern - it'll probably just be revealed that he fell down with the other guy on top of him, the guts we saw the walkers eating were that of the other guy, and Glenn scooted underneath the trash can they were standing on. And that was him saying "help" on the walkie talkie to Daryl just now.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Stealing Daryl's crossbow and bike = dick move.

@Self.Destructive.Pattern - it'll probably just be revealed that he fell down with the other guy on top of him, the guts we saw the walkers eating were that of the other guy, and Glenn scooted underneath the trash can they were standing on. And that was him saying "help" on the walkie talkie to Daryl just now.
    That's what I was thinking after it happened, but it just seemed so obvious. Not that I would be surprised or anything... I mean, I know there was ample room to get under the dumpster for at least one of them. But out of all of those zombies, one of them is bound to crawl or is already crawling for that matter. It's just so silly when you put emphasis on the entire thing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It's not the lack of cursing that bothers me, even though it's mightly unrealistic in a world where most of the population wants to eat you, you kinda would curse it up a bit. For me it's the soap opera dialogue that ruins it.

Run from zombies..find a safe place..have a heart to heart..run from zombies meet strangers..have them have a heart to heart..finally regroup with the others..hear a great speech..listen to speech and have a heart to heart..run from zombies..zombies have a heart to heart..

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Not sure why everyone is so upset that Glenn is going to turn up alive. Spoiler: He's just going to get his head bashed in once Negan pops up anyway.

But yea, last night's episode dragged and dragged. Was that Mitch from the Saviors who lopped that dude's bitten arm off? Woo hoo!
    It's not that Spoiler: he's going to die anyway that bothers people, it's just that the whole thing is such a cop out. To put Glenn in a situation where he would never stand a chance then write some unrealistic way for him to escape just feels cheap and easy and deus ex machina-y. Maybe I shouldn't speak for everybody, but that's how I feel about it anyway.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm sure they're enjoying fucking with everybody.

But the whole "Glenn is dead/Glenn is not dead" tension is probably more about Maggie's character development in the end. She's already been through Beth -- a long time believing she was dead, a short time knowing she was alive, and before she even got her back Beth was dead for real.

If it all goes as I suspect, it'll be the same thing with Glenn. She'll get him back right before Spoiler: Negan shows up and kills him for good.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    It's not that Spoiler: he's going to die anyway that bothers people, it's just that the whole thing is such a cop out. To put Glenn in a situation where he would never stand a chance then write some unrealistic way for him to escape just feels cheap and easy and deus ex machina-y. Maybe I shouldn't speak for everybody, but that's how I feel about it anyway.
    Those people should seriously rewatch the first 2 episodes of season 1. Rick was just as fucked and the zombies were much "healthier/aggressive" at the time.

This throwback potential is exactly why I think they will try to mirror Glenn saving Rick from the first season. The writers could make everyone happy if Glenn gets saved but he gets bit. Then it is also a reference to the dude with the note (that Michone wouldn't take) who was unable to say goodbye to his family.
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 11-18-2015 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    It will be hilarious if they managed to drag out his fate until next season. I can just see it now... the final 10sec of this season's finale will just be Glenn's motionless arm peaking out from the edge of the dumpster while zombies mill around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    https://www.facebook.com/Ridiculz/vi...c_location=ufi

So there's a video floating around the net today that's being taken down almost as quickly as it's put up, and it features everyone's favorite fuckin' foulmouthed big swinging fuckin dick. This link is to a copy of it that someone tried to edit and zoom in on. Sorry, it's the only one I can find at the moment. If I see the original I'll link it here as well. I don't think any true spoilers can be gleaned from the video but it's exciting enough to see the man in action. Enjoy.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    The fuckin' comments are hysterical! Spoiler: It's Glenn...no, it's Darryl...Darryl...GLENN...it looks like Carl's head...I see a mullet, so long Eugene..."
    lmao

People are so stupid.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Haha yea while Spoiler: Maggie is the one getting skull-pulverized by Lucille.
    I mean, if we are going this route, we might as well have Spoiler: Negan be the one who saves Glenn from the dumpster

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/Ridiculz/vi...c_location=ufi

So there's a video floating around the net today that's being taken down almost as quickly as it's put up, and it features everyone's favorite fuckin' foulmouthed big swinging fuckin dick. This link is to a copy of it that someone tried to edit and zoom in on. Sorry, it's the only one I can find at the moment. If I see the original I'll link it here as well. I don't think any true spoilers can be gleaned from the video but it's exciting enough to see the man in action. Enjoy.
    you can find this on several sites by googling "negan leaked video" or anything along those lines. Shit is hilarious though. It's a video of a smartphone's screen displaying a video that it recorded of a video monitor's screen that had a "picture in picture" style video of Negan in the corner.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Or it's Herschel - with head intact - coming up through a trap door under the dumpster and pulling his son-in-law to safety
    Hershel's death is still the only thing in the series that affected me emotionally.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Have you read the comic? The issue where his death occurs is more gripping than anything yet seen on the show.

O rly? I should check it out!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Apparently Enid helps Glenn from under the dumpster and the voice on the radio is Eugene saying help.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    That first part is one of the lamest fucking things I've ever heard.

If it turns out to be true, I hope the fans savage the showrunner mercilessly for even thinking that was a good idea
    Agreed!

Although I'm primarily bummed because I've hated Glenn from the start and really wished this was the end of him.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Spoiler: Apparently Enid helps Glenn from under the dumpster and the voice on the radio is Eugene saying help.
    Just started watching tonight's episode.

Calling it now; if Enid frees Glenn from the walker horde with a helium-grenade distraction then it is POSSIBLY plausible. If she drags him out from under the dumpster I've spent COUNTLESS repeat viewings confirming Glenn could not POSSIBLY squeeze under on his BEST day, the I RIOT.

-____-

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So he squeezed under it.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Haha, I tuned into the LAST 10 minutes, with them tinkering around with the helium tanks, thinking it was the FIRST 10 MINUTES and a time-jump, btw.

>_>

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    How come Norman Reedus said in an interview that you find out who said help on the radio really quickly? We didn't find out anything about that!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Welp, it wasn't Glen right? He didn't have a radio on him in this episode.

Also, I'm fine with how Glen survived after seeing it, but waiting 5 (or was it 6?) episodes to show that he survived is...I don't know. Just feels like lazy cliffhanger points to me.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    That dialogue in last night's episode was absolutely cringeworthy. And some of the people on this show are stupendously fucking stupid. Why why WHY would you hold weapons training or yell at each other right next to the walls where the zombies are conglomerating? Isn't that defeating the whole purpose of them losing interest? It miraculously worked for Glenn and his dumpster-dive...

Spencer acting like an idiot and trying to grapple across that horde was a wasted moment, too. That's an issues-long, multi-character event in the comic. Here I just wanted them to let Spencer get devoured and then toss Tara over too for being just as fucking dumb. That's brilliant, unload AN ENTIRE CLIP OF BULLETS, because that's sure to make the zombies lose interest in what's going on. I would seriously take my chances on the outside alone if I were shacked up with these people in a real zombie apocalypse.

Except Carol. I'd do everything short of cut my feet off to convince her to come along. That gal doesn't put up with any shit and still makes the meanest casserole in the land, from the looks of it

Also, for anyone who's read the comic: Spoiler: my money is on Ron being the one who freaks out and ends up blasting off half of Carl's face in the next episode. Hopefully we get to see Jessie and her other kid get devoured next episode, too. Maybe we'll get SUPER lucky and Jesus will find Sasha and Abe
    How does Rick react to that in the comic, re: Carl?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Just kidding. It's more like...

lmfao

how I miss those eyes

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    haha yeah, Dale face!
    Last edited by Ryan; 11-25-2015 at 04:25 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    What do you mob think is going to happen on Sunday? They're hyping this one up to be a shocker

I'm hoping for Spoiler: Carl's face blast, Jessie and Ron getting lunched on, Jesus turning up, and Glenn and Maggie reuniting (though I don't really give a shit if they do or not, tbh)
    I'd love to see Carl's face blown COMPLETELY off (bye bye Mr Riggs...), Glenn getting killed, Maggie hooking up with Rick and Michonne getting it on with the priest just for the lulz

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Well that was boring.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I hope Morgan dies next. What a dope.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Gabriel is still alive. That guy shoulda got bit last night.

The artist whose print was on the wall in the room with Deanna is selling signed prints of the artwork pretty cheap:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/1864353...0-signed-print

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Soap Opera nonsense. I love how the younger son is just neglected the entire time. I kept wondering if they would just find him dead in his room after that creepy ass music was playing the entire time. Through all the bullshit that the town has seen already (People chopped to pieces and burned alive) why in anyone's right fucking mind would you just decide to treat a wound for someone that is obviously waiting to either kill you or eat you. It's almost as if the writers of this show are so full of themselves now, they can treat a loyal audience like a cheap trick. Fuck this noise.