Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone else think Daryl looks like Robin Finck? I mean minus the crazy hair and all, they even both love wearing those vests

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Holy crap. You could be absolutely right. I mean, it's not like we have that one guy from the comics, either. What was his name? Riley?
    Caesar Martinez

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Are the comics much different from the show, or is the story pretty much the exact same? I've never watched it (I know, it's awesome, I'm going to get around to it eventually) but my brother's obsessed with the show and I'm thinking about picking him up a few of the books for Christmas

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    the comics are different to the show. But still stay course with events such as the farm and the prison.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    That was probably the best episode since the first episode of Season 1

SPOILER?

I dont think they're going to cut off Rick's hand on the show. The obvious reason being that it would be hard to film? Look at Merle, you never see a stump, he always has that THING on.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burn. View Post
    Martinez! That was it. Not sure why I was thinking he was Riley. I really need to go back and read through them again, it's been months.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-04-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure I heard the governor call someone Martinez in the show. I think they might merge Merle into his role though. We'll see!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yeah. Martinez is definitely there, I remember seeing him, after burn pointed him out. He's just kinda been...there. Merle seems be kinda taking his spotlight this time around.

Also, I saw that the mid-season finale drew in 10.5 million viewers and beat out every single fall show in ratings that night. Score!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    Could the Governor be pretending to kick Merle out of his inner circle? Andrea was going to find out about Rick's group at some point, and if she helps the brothers escape and go back to the prison, that would help the Governor with his plan of getting someone on the inside to take down the group within the prison. Got to make it look believable to Andrea and Daryl, right?
    This is exactly what I was thinking. I'd be surprised if this wasn't the case.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Anyone here read the comics or play the game? I highly recommend it. Incredible stuff!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'm going to a Q and A with Norman Reedus (Daryl) on Tuesday. Can't wait!

http://www.popcorntaxi.com.au/2013/0...live-on-stage/

"Shoot me again? You best pray I'm dead."

• When: Tuesday the 29th of January, 2013 @ 7:00pm sharp!
    • Where: The Ritz Cinemas, Randwick, NSW
    • Price: $20/$18 conc

THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT

Popcorn Taxi, FX Channel
    The Sci Fi Show & rawDLC
    present

NORMAN REEDUS:

An evening with

THE WALKING DEAD!

Screening ‘The Walking Dead’ S3 Ep 8
    on the big screen… plus a teaser of what’s to come!

+ NORMAN REEDUS Q&A

LIVE ON STAGE!

It’s a new dawn!

See the finale of Season 3 Part 1 of The Walking Dead, plus a tease of what’s to come on the big screen with Popcorn Taxi, and then talk with Daryl Dixon himself, the world’s favourite crossbow-wielding redneck, as Norman Reedus talks candidly to Popcorn Taxi, live on stage, about his long and varied career.
    Plus – get a look at what Season 3 Part 2 has in store!
    What’s it like being the Boba Fett of the zombie apocalypse? Top 3 post-apocalyptic parenting tips? Crossbow maintenance?
    You can ask these questions and more of the actor who plays an icon of modern pop culture and has been wowing audiences for years with his magnetic performances.. It’s going to be a fun night, and with the huge excitement building up for the return of The Walking Dead, tickets are going to sell fast – so get in quick!

Our Guest, Norman Reedus
    Born in Florida, USA, Reedus worked in a Harley Davison shop in Los Angeles while painting, sculpting and photographing before he got his film acting break in 1997′s ‘Mimic’. He starred as the iconic Murphy MacManus in cult classic ‘The Boondock Saints’ in 1999, and has always impressed with his unique screen presence, also making notable appearances in films like ‘The Notorious Betty Page’, ‘Blade II’ and ‘Pandorum’.
    Trivia: A former male model for Prada, Reedus also has a titanium eye socket in his left eye after a 2005 car crash. He has also appeared on ‘The Soup’ wearing a bikini top… expect a good night!
    “It’s kind of cool to stick your foot on a face and yank an arrow out of a brain.”
    The Walking Dead Season 3
    It returns Tuesday February 12 at 8.30pm AEDT
    Exclusively FX, only on FOXTEL,
    Express from the U.S
    Follow @FXTVAU on Twitter and join in the conversation using #TWDAU

Tweet

Backtrack

« See Event listings

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Anyone here read the comics or play the game? I highly recommend it. Incredible stuff!

just read the latest trade that takes you though issue 102. I was visibly shaken by the events. the comic grabs me emotionally in a way that nothing else does. Intense, intense stuff. The show is great...they've really improved it since last season. But it can't touch the comic. Absolutely gripping stuff. Rick is SUCH an amazing badass so often in the comic.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    just read the latest trade that takes you though issue 102. I was visibly shaken by the events. the comic grabs me emotionally in a way that nothing else does. Intense, intense stuff. The show is great...they've really improved it since last season. But it can't touch the comic. Absolutely gripping stuff. Rick is SUCH an amazing badass so often in the comic.
    I wasn't too happy with #100. Heck, I though 97 was better. Rick was a completely shocking badass in 97. The big shocker of 100 seemed like just a small part of the current story line. The issue where Lori went down was much more impacting to me.

That said, I read 1-106 in the span of a month. I have no idea how people wait 1 month between issues. Here I am having to wait a whole month to get my hands on 107 I need something to fill the time. I've heard mixed views of "TWD: Rise of the Governor" and just picked up the audiobook. The first chapter was damn slow...

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Awesome advertising in Union Station.

Those are actual "zombies" tied up. Every day one of the fingers on the sign gets chopped off.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    You know who's still rejoicing Lori's death?

This guy.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    meh, it was an ok episode.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Really? You posted that image?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That wasnt in the episode, but what the fuck is that?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    It's from Pandorum.
    I was debating posting that on Facebook yesterday just to see how many people would unfriend me :P

Last edited by DigitalChaos; 02-10-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If you are hinting at some sort of spoiler, I will take up a collection to put a juju on you.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i've reported his post. hope it gets deleted.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    If you are hinting at some sort of spoiler, I will take up a collection to put a juju on you.
    The "to me you are perfect" image is also from another movie. I'm not actually going to post spoliers :P It's funny digging up images of the same actors in different movies that could be misinterpreted as a spoiler. My favorite was from Dexter and his relationship with Doakes being crossed with his... very different relationship with a black police officer in Six Feet Under.

After watching today's episode, I kinda want that image to be how Rick Spoiler: convinces Daryl to come back
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 02-11-2013 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Rick be goin' mad.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Friends just gave me a detailed overview of the show (I'd seen the first three episodes only) then we watched 3 from season three, including the latest. Holy hell this is some good shit! I'm gonna watch all of them in order, but didn't mind seeing these ones because FUCKING INTENSE.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    It's from Pandorum.
    I was debating posting that on Facebook yesterday just to see how many people would unfriend me :P
    Hehe I just did this on my facebook.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    yeah this guy is right

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    @Ryan How was the Norman Reedus Q&A???

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    @Ryan How was the Norman Reedus Q&A???