Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 2068

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I'll honesty probably do the same. I kept telling myself I was gonna hold out for this Negan thing because everyone's always said how it's one of the best plotlines in the books, but they've just been stretching it out way too long. Fuck this show.
    I have a friend that will stay with the Walking Dead until the bitter end, she watched the entire Weeds series and I thought that show was only good for two seasons. The Walking Dead had more decent seasons then Weeds did, but I'm not sure where they lost me or on what season that I started feeling like it was becoming a chore to watch.
    I think as far as writing goes, they have spent too much time on the group facing external struggles, ever since the Governor but after that everything since has just been another version of the Governor. They should have focused more on internal struggles within the group, you would think a group of people under that much stress would eventually start turning on each other and I think that would have been a more interesting storyline. I know we've had Shane and Merle but that was many seasons ago.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    i just started watching this show a few months ago and i still really enjoy it.

Also, it was SO fucking awesome to hear my friend's (and one of my favorite) bands, the Old 97s, in episode 10.

I guess i could get burned out on it too if i had been watching it all these years, but watching it straight through, it's great to me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I actually enjoyed the latest episode. Further, I'm glad that they deviate from the comics, analogous to Game of Thrones deviating from the books. If I wanted a rehash of the original material, I'd read the original material. From what I've heard, Daryl, a character that most of us enjoy, is a much more fleshed out character that didn't even appear in the comic books. Looking forward to how the Negan story line plays out.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I had a Nelson HA-HA moment when what's her face got the arrow through the head, personally that was the best moment of the episode for me. I COULDN'T STAND HER!
    That's another thing I can't stand. They always have these big, drawn out, emotional death scenes for characters that the audience has no emotional connection to. I don't even know what that girls name was, why should I care that she's out now? I felt the same when they killed the old lady running the town. Who gives a fuck?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    everything @NYRexall types needs to be seen by the showrunners. Dude throws down heat with every post.

I literally fast forward the show the minute they slow down and start talking to each other. I just want the plot forwarded and to see action, that's how unbearable most of the characters have become. What the FUCK was that pussy bullshit from Carol at the end of the episode? Fuck outta here.

I didn't mind that they switched up who got the arrow, b/c now they are sticking so close to the comic book that it's kinda cool to see their slight deviations just to throw us off. I was also so upset when Abraham died in the book, so it's nice he's sticking around a bit longer here. Although he is infinitely more badass in the books, and his bond with Rick is much tighter.

Apparently the actress who got the arrow (don't even know the character's name or care) is in high demand around TV & movies, so maybe they wrote her off?

Thought they did a good job with casting Dwight. He was pretty badass tonight until he got his nuts bitten off. And his face is burnt! yes!!

Trading in Rosita for f'ing Sasha is the most far fetched thing on the show, and that's saying alot.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/ext...room-from-saw/

It Turns Out Carol And Maggie Were In The Room From Saw

by Peter Paltridge on 03/17/2016

If anything looked familiar about the main room that Carol and Maggie were held prisoner by the Saviors in, there’s a reason. It’s the same room in which the majority of 2004’s horror movie Saw was shot.
    A comparison screen was made and circulated via Twitter last evening, originating from the official Walking Dead Twitter account. As you can see up above, the similarities are undeniable. It’s the same room.
    Now the question becomes if this was intentional or not. Given how similar many of the scenes looked, the fact that Carol and Maggie woke up bound and gagged….was this all an easter egg inside-joke for sharp-eyed viewers? Does this mean the Saw series happened in the Walking Dead universe (prior to the apocalypse evidently)? Did anyone spot a leg in that room?
    Crazy.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    i'm glad that i haven't read the comic books.

I find that when i go see a film adaptation of a book i've read recently, all it does is frustrate me.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I hope this spoiler ain't true:

http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/for...td-145732.html

Spoiler: - When he finally chooses, the camera view switches to the ill-fated character's point of view, so we don't know who has been selected. Negan bashes his/her head and their vision/the camera becomes blurry. Everybody starts shouting at the carnage. Then Negan makes a few more hits causing the ill-fated character to fall on the ground, and after a one more final hit there is a sudden fade to black. End credits, end season.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    SPOILERS

that seems like it would almost certainly true if u read the comics.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    wait, do you mean b/c we won't know who he kills?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    wait, do you mean b/c we won't know who he kills?
    Yeah, I don't want to sit around until season 7 guessing who it is. It's been coming for long enough.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'll seriously stop watching the show if that happens

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My thoughts on Carol: I'm glad they are showing the toll all the killing has taken on her. She is not a sociopath nor is she some cold blooded, military-trained killing machine. No, she was formerly a beaten housewife who adapted to survive. I think it laughable that folks assume she is just now a killing machine without a conscience and are bothered that she's actually showing some emotional scars. This was not out of the blue: They've been building toward it. First, her constant debates with Morgan over the value of life, second her later making a list of her kills and, finally, her adapting (again) to a somewhat normal life in Alexandria (complete with an apparent boyfriend). All that together, particularly the normalcy of Alexandria, makes it feasible that her past killings (justified or not) would weigh on her in some sort of PTSD way. If they did not show such things, it would make her a mere caricature of some "kick ass" protagonist "that ain't got time to bleed." I look forward to the consequences of her actions since the world they occupy is not normal and killing really is a part of their existence. How does one balance sanity in an insane world where death really is around the corner (in the form of the undead and the living)? Morgan has been able to survive without killing for a while; I'm also curious how much longer that lasts.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Last edited by Ryan; 03-25-2016 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yep. another pile of shit. Although, I was able to bang out the whole thing is about 28-30 minutes b/c I skipped every stupid speech or over dramatic conversation. Also, skipped the Rick & Michonne pillow talk. GROSS.

The writers needed to, in their mind, get the main cast all out in the world so Negan can capture all of them next week. This was apparently the best way they could move the chess pieces into place. Lazy, unrealistic writing that ignores any and all growth or education these characters would have about their current situation at this point in the show. And they've successfully turned Carol back into a meek whiner that the audience now hates, so great job on that. On what planet would Carol, the smartest, I-see-whats-going-on-before-almost-everyone-else part of the group, decide that NOW is the time to disappear off on her own when the Saviors could come attack her friends at any moment and are clearly out driving around their general area? Come on.

And then we get another BS fake-out at the end for no reason, and they've now set up a perfect angry backlash to occur at the end of next week's finale when we don't actually see who Negan kills. And if it isn't Glen....that's just another new low that the show will have set.

At least Maggie has her short haircut now like in the comics. That was cool.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:37 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Agree with the above re: Saviours seeming like pussies.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I am just assuming that this whole season and the last episode is the calm before the storm, and all of the new relationship set ups are leading up to a cull of characters, starting from the finale next week. I still like it although this season has been hit and miss. I can't say anything about the comics because I don't read them.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The Saviors aren't out to just murder everyone, they are basically enslaving communities through threats and violence. Alexandria knows this, and therefore is taking out the threat as quickly and efficiently as possible. This show really isn't that hard to follow.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    There is an apparent leaked audio of the final Negan episode on YouTube that goes for 11:04... has anyone listened to it? If so, is it real? I don't want to spoil anything for myself.

I just listened to the first few seconds when he says "It's gonna be pee pee pants city here real soon."

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    horrible cut at the end of the episode imo. neegan is pretty cool tho. overall very meh season finale.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Are you fucking kidding me?? All that build up, only to give us another cliffhanger and wait another 6 months to see who ate it? Negan was perfect, but seriously, fuck this show.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    At this point if you're disappointed in this show it's your own fault for still watching. They made it clear a long time ago that they do not care about fans of the source material or of delivering a quality product at all. Quality is secondary entirely to budget and ratings for AMC when it comes to TWD. This is the show that tore through showrunners like tissue paper and routinely lowered budgets despite larger successes and butchered countless famous storylines and arcs, trading incredible episodes for cheap shocks and cliffhangers when they've added nothing and only detracted from the series as a whole.

I'm really glad I've quit watching. It feels like a lot of wasted time. I'd checked out part of this year's episodes and was incredibly reassured in my choice. Seeing reactions to what they did tonight only convinces me it's worth jumping ship. Robert Kirkman doesn't seem to give a shit about doing justice to his own work, and the most famous moment of the entire series got ruined for a cheap, temporary cliffhanger. I tend to avoid posting about things I don't like on here, but this is just incredibly shitty to hear. This is a show that can have golden source material that would be easy to adapt and do well and satisfy readers and watchers alike and yet it still goes out of its way to fuck it up. It's like if GoT ended a season on The Red Wedding, but cutting before anything happened and then waiting a year to show you.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    thank you kleiner for putting into words exactly what the problem is with how they did that ending. I didn't know how to type it in a way that captures exactly the issue as well as countering the inevitable defense from the producers/showrunners. FUCK this show and FUCK THEM for ruining such a great comic.

Jeffery Dean Morgan did a great job too, and it's severely muted by that cop out bullshit. He's too skinny to match the big, barrel chested Negan from the comic, but I understand casting is not always easy, and they certainly got a capable enough actor.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    At this point if you're disappointed in this show it's your own fault for still watching. They made it clear a long time ago that they do not care about fans of the source material or of delivering a quality product at all. Quality is secondary entirely to budget and ratings for AMC when it comes to TWD.
    i can't disagree. with shows tho like this that hit a wall and were solid before, im surprised they're not atleast satisfying the average viewer with a story that has a somewhat gratifying season finale. within whatever world they've now created attached to the comics or not.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    All this time y'all been talking about "Lucille", i legit thought it was a person lmfao

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    With the entire season, there were some really good episodes that I really enjoyed, some that I didn't care for at all. It's one thing to be disappointed, but to feel completely duped the first time with the whole Glenn fiasco, go as far as to remove the actors name from the credits just feels so "Fuck you audience." I'm fully aware of the standpoint the writers and creators are at with how they want every aspect of the show to feel like for them, but it's laughable at this point. Daryl's cop out scene had me rolling my eyes because he obviously was not dead, but after building up all of this hype about finally getting an awesome character on this show, and a very capable Jeffrey Dean Morgan, you would think for once they would give the audience something they wanted instead of trying to grab the audience and more viewers, blah blah blah to watch next season. But that is nothing new here with this show and it sucks that it comes down to this.

I went into this episode very weary because it was almost too good to be true to this screen adaptation of one of my favorite characters from the series and also knowing how these things work on this show. The entire episode was a huge bore fest, and we all know what we are getting with a "90 minute finale" woopty doo. The minute Negan came out, I had a huge smile on my face, and JDM owned that entire scene, front and back. He was intimidating (Wish he was a bit bigger) funny, and charismatic. Seeing Rick completely vulnerable and scared was bitter sweet after all the shit he has been able to dictate or fight his way out of in the past over and over again. I loved that some of the dialogue was straight out of the comic, and for me, it seemed inevitable that Glenn would eat it from him killing his first set of humans, and also seeing all of the Polaroids on the wall but that's just selective foreshadowing. I won't lie, the last 15 minutes had me and my girl at the edge of our seats driven with anxiety, and all of that tension built up, only to be greeted with a black screen and sound effects. It felt so close to them getting it right, and it was all ruined in seconds.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    That was bullshit.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:42 PM.