Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    He just bothers me. I think it's the puberty thing.
    That's exactly how I feel about you.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Rick and Michonne sitting in a tree...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I've read the comic up until this month, and couldn't make it more than halfway through season 2 of the show.

You can give up if you want, the water's fine over here.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I hope it's Daryl that Negan kills (but fan girls would lose it). The only characters I still like on the show are Glenn, Maggie and Carol. Michonne is okay.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Carl gets shot square in his fucking eye, and the very next episode he's up and walking around like he skinned his knee?
    Time skip, bro. Did you see the picture of Carl at the beginning with the bandage on? Deanna's son mentioning Michonne was the first one to finally notice him going out on walks into the woods.
    Jesus was changing a flat tire when they caught up, he obviously didn't get too far. You're free to complain all you want but you should at least pay attention to what you're losing your shit over.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I don't have an answer for the Deanna thing. Wasn't she already bitten? Half asleep after third shift usually when watching. She could have turned before they started eating her, made her way out with the rest of the pack towards the noise.
    And they established Daryl as having tracker skills way earlier. Not saying you have to like it, but what you're complaining about does make sense within the context of everything we know about the show so far. The show has had plenty of changes made from the start and it's still going strong. I'm not that invested in either to be getting worked up over it one way or the other though, just pointing out your original gripes could be explained without much effort.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Deanna was devoured by a horde of zombies in the upstairs of a house in the middle of Alexandria. The next time we see her, she's wandering around the woods outside Alexandria with barely a mark on her weeks after the fact. So you're telling me during that mass zombie massacre, Deanna managed to amble downstairs, through the war, out the gate, and then just happens to be the only zombie hanging out in the woods near the community?
    I hear you on this one. What gets me the most is how they can continue to try and "Trick" the audience with the most ridiculous shit. Why even bother hiding Deanna from the camera?? It really just makes me roll my eyes at this point. I thought it was pretty cool that the makeup of the zombies throughout the series has been on point with how time passes. You can see from the first season how all of them seem a bit more humanized until they start to decompose over time and you can notice that season to season. If you can go through lengths to do something that particular, why not do it the right way now? Especially for fans that have kept up with the show; we notice the little things. It would have made more sense if there were other zombies wandering around the woods. Where did they all go? Na, no time for that... fuck it, time hop it.

Just like it's totally believable how Rick and Daryl can chase -- on foot -- after Jesus in a speeding truck out in the countryside, and yet still know exactly which way he went and still manage to catch up to the guy.
    I see what you're saying, but in the shows defense, they were tracking the truck by the tire marks on the road... but still. It's hard to make an opinion because you really have no idea how far he really got from the point they met. What bothered me the most about this scene is:

Your fucking entire camp of people have been attacked, murdered, burned... the encounter that Daryl had with Negan's guys, WHY the fuck would you even waste your time with talking to someone that is obviously fucking with you, and then GIVE HIM YOUR FUCKING NAMES??? Seriously... after everything they have went through, including recent events, they act as if this is their first fucking day. Two week search? The supplies in that truck were probably everything they would have found in those two weeks. Why risk and look for more? Take both cars and go back to the camp instead of risking everything. Then, attempt to chase the guy like you are in recess in elementary school. Rick and Daryl know better, and it pisses me off that they continue to make these people that have "Been out there" for this amount of time look like freaking morons every time they encounter someone they do not know. Plus, the guy almost took both of them out with his knowledge of fighting... so yea, bring him to your camp where your fucking children are.

I understand Rick trying to look at things differently... well, not differently since he is pretty much going by what Deanna was trying to have them see and look how that turned out for her family, town, and herself. Every time you think this show is taking a step back in the right direction, it takes 3 more steps back. Also, I cannot stand when Carol is absent from an entire episode. One of the most interesting characters has taken a backseat in almost the entire season. Morgan is fucking annoying, and Enid needs to be eaten already.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I think the last scene we saw of Deanna alive was her opening the door to all the oncoming walkers and screaming at them.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    The biggest mystery to me is why Carl goes out in the woods with his cute girlfriend only to be a dick to her and read comics. I take back what I said about him last week.

Does the group/Rick know about Daryl exploding the group of bikers?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    yeah but at least he was reading Invincible, another great Kirkman comic.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    man they are gonna kill the fuck out of Glen, aren't they? The foreshadowing is so heavy-handed (as is everything on this fucking show).

I did enjoy how this episode was almost a carbon copy of the comic with how the Hilltop stuff is introduced. And look at that....when they don't stray much from the comic, you end up with a good episode!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I loved the line Jesus drops with the "Bat". They better do this justice since they dangled his death around to us like a piece of bait. I never thought I would say this, but I cannot wait (Hope) that Glenn eats the big one.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I liked the show a little better when people were more concerned about staying alive than pairing off but loved when Abraham asks Daryl about settling down and Daryl says "do you think she'd settle"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Man, that wall full of Lucille kills was fucking naaaasty. I'm hoping someone other than Glenn gets it though. Maybe they'll flip it on us and take out Maggie, which would be way more heartbreaking.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Man, that wall full of Lucille kills was fucking naaaasty. I'm hoping someone other than Glenn gets it though. Maybe they'll flip it on us and take out Maggie, which would be way more heartbreaking.
    For some reason I don't see them bludgeoning a pregnant woman to death with a bat. The other feeling I have against it is that Maggie is obviously being Spoiler: groomed to run things at the Hill Top . If Glen doesn't die then it will be either Carol or some insignificant character we couldn't give a shit about.

I am a little disappointing with the Savior HQ in the show as opposed to how it looked in the comics. My thinking is that they either have some crazy sub level at the compound that houses many more people, or this satellite station was just an out post.... a literal satellite.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Come on, show Negan!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Well that was intense. Carol and her beads.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Come on, show Negan!
    This. I'm seriously starting to think that the writers know there are viewers (like me) who don't really want to watch the show anymore, but are hanging on just to see what this Negan thing is all about, so they're going to drag it on forever.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So the whole stigmata thing? I assume they want us to think that Spoiler: Carol will offer herself up and be the one to meet Lucille (she'll "die for their sins")

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:30 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Best episode of the season so far!. Carol's character is the best so complex.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Carol especially. In only two episodes, she went from being the baddest bitch on the show to this simpering little sissy with a conscience and a rosary. Get the fuck out of here and bring back the woman who slashed and torched two people at the prison without batting an eye and was the de facto kid killer who knew Lizzy was bad news, ffs.
    I was under the impression that, at least to a certain degree, she was faking it to lull her captors into thinking she was no threat. The show does seem to make a point that she's indeed getting pangs of conscience, but at least her whole whimpering and praying during captivity was, to me, a show, no? I could be wrong of course.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    "You know how to bite a dick, Eugene."

lmao

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Since they're getting so all over the place with character deaths I wouldn't be surprised if Michonne gets killed by Negan.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I was surprised to see walkers for sale at the store today.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    That was probably the worst episode yet. And they need to take it easy with the slomo.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I had a Nelson HA-HA moment when what's her face got the arrow through the head, personally that was the best moment of the episode for me. I COULDN'T STAND HER!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    I have decided to go to the end of this season, and I won't be coming back for season 7, no matter what happens. I sat through another excruciating bore-athon last night. I just don't care anymore, just kill the entire cast and get it over with. It's funny how quickly the hour goes when I'm watching Vinyl or Billions and when I watch those shows I don't want it to end, its too bad I can't say the same for The Walking Dead.
    I'll honesty probably do the same. I kept telling myself I was gonna hold out for this Negan thing because everyone's always said how it's one of the best plotlines in the books, but they've just been stretching it out way too long. Fuck this show.