Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    the producer insisted we're going to get more action/zombies as the final episodes of the season progress. I'll believe it when I see it, but the previews show the continuation of the bar scene to be potentially very intense.
    If you've seen any of the newer little clips or tv spots they've put up in the last couple days, you'll see clips of walkers ON the farm, sometime soon. Also, I caught one earlier tonight where Daryl's holding a gun toward the camera and saying "*something something* my brother." So I'm really hoping we see Merle again by the end of the season.

Also, I'm still 100% sure that he's going to be the TV show's Governor. Sure, I know I could be wrong, but everything seems to be pointing to that.

Edit: lul at Talking Dead when Dave Navarro said he's a huge fan of the show, then asked, "Uhh, Dale...He's that old guy, right?"
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 02-19-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    How is Lori still alive?

Also, nice that Hershel Spoiler: had time to attempt an emergency amputation while they're surrounded by walkers. Ugh.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    How is Lori still alive?

Also, nice that Hershel Spoiler: had time to attempt an emergency amputation while they're surrounded by walkers. Ugh.
    The magic of cutaways and editing. :P

And shit, last weekend I was still reeling over "How does Lori hit the ONE walker in the middle of the road in broad daylight??" #onlyawoman

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I love how people complain about implausibility over a show with zombies in it, based on a comic with zombies in it.

Anyway, loved these first two episodes back, especially since there are little nods to the comic with where the story could be going. Also, the clip for next week has me really excited, especially once I saw exactly where Rick and Shane were at.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I'm not complaining about implausibility. It was simply wasted plot.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I disagree. It was Lori making a bad decision, which is common for her character. That bad decision led to Shane going after her and telling a lie to do two things - 1. Reaffirm to Shane that he will just not let go of the idea that they should be together and 2. Show Lori the same thing and cause her to plant the idea in Rick's head that his buddy is losing control. It might seem like a throwaway on the surface, but it serves a purpose by adding to the overall tension that is building within the group.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I'm talking about the incident in town between Hershel, Rick and Glen.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Also, I'm still 100% sure that he's going to be the TV show's Governor. Sure, I know I could be wrong, but everything seems to be pointing to that.

Edit: lul at Talking Dead when Dave Navarro said he's a huge fan of the show, then asked, "Uhh, Dale...He's that old guy, right?"
    Wow. That's an extremely cool prediction. That would really be something. I've been racking my brain for actors I'd like to see in the role, but Merle filling it is mighty intriguing. And yeah, fuck Dave Navarro - Dale's my favorite character on the show!

I love the gradual villainy of Shane as well. It's amazing how the show's expanded his character, but I firmly believe he's meant as an antagonist more than anything else. You can only undermine the main character so much. Hershel laying down the law to Shane on tonight's episode was AWESOME by the way.
    Last edited by Deadpool; 02-19-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    How was that wasted plot? There is another camp that now knows about Rick and Co. and they're heading back to regroup and tell whoever is leading them that four of their guys were killed. Wasted? Hardly. Also, the scene with the kid and his leg and the fact that Rick was still showing compassion was definitely the linchpin in Hershel's mind that Rick really is a good person and further reaffirms that Shane is not. Again, for the overall story, these incidents make sense.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Meh, I would have left the guy to die.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    About the Merle being the governor prediction, Robert and the show's producers have already stated multiple times that they're not planning to turn Merle into the governor. Also Robert wrote a book detailing the entire back story of the governor that doesn't coincide with Merle's life in the show. Perhaps they'll change their minds for the show though. As you guys have said it would be awesome, especially considering how Daryl would react to those events, but I'm not expecting it at all after many of the people who run the show have said they're not planning to do that.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    I love how people complain about implausibility over a show with zombies in it, based on a comic with zombies in it.

Anyway, loved these first two episodes back, especially since there are little nods to the comic with where the story could be going. Also, the clip for next week has me really excited, especially once I saw exactly where Rick and Shane were at.
    Hell, my complaint wasn't even really a complaint about it the implausibility. But I mean...of all things to happen to her? I just think they could have been more creative with how it happened. But I agree with how important it was for her to go out and have the accident. Shane's slowly losing fans in the group as a whole, for sure. Even Andrea seems like she as her moments where she's not sure if she wants to stay on team Shane. Before, he seemed like he was doing the things he did for the sake of the group. But after all this, it's pretty clear he's becoming insane with the idea that he's meant to be the father figure for Carl and Lori, and the baby.

How was that wasted plot? There is another camp that now knows about Rick and Co. and they're heading back to regroup and tell whoever is leading them that four of their guys were killed. Wasted? Hardly. Also, the scene with the kid and his leg and the fact that Rick was still showing compassion was definitely the linchpin in Hershel's mind that Rick really is a good person and further reaffirms that Shane is not. Again, for the overall story, these incidents make sense.
    Exactly. When Herschel snapped at Shane later on while they were all back in the kitchen, that told me that Hershel's concerns have definitely shifted from wanting the entire group gone to wanting Shane gone, especially after inciting the barn shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    About the Merle being the governor prediction, Robert and the show's producers have already stated multiple times that they're not planning to turn Merle into the governor. Also Robert wrote a book detailing the entire back story of the governor that doesn't coincide with Merle's life in the show. Perhaps they'll change their minds for the show though. As you guys have said it would be awesome, especially considering how Daryl would react to those events, but I'm not expecting it at all after many of the people who run the show have said they're not planning to do that.
    Aw, bummer! I hadn't heard anything about their decision on what to do with Merle. But at least they're going to have him back in the show at sooome point. I'd love to see if they work him in before the end of the season.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    http://comics.ign.com/articles/121/1219078p1.html

New interview with Kirkman on IGN. It's a pretty good read! (There's a spoiler tag near the top of the article, just a heads up)

-Talks a lot about the strangers they bumped into in town, as well as Rick, Shane, and Lori.
    -Glen Mazzara's pushing full speed ahead story-wise for the next few episodes and doesn't want to tease the audience anymore by milking all the stories at once
    -The next episode "will be brutal."
    -Apparently, they have plans for T-Dawg in the works, which I think is great because his character's kinda been pushed to the side lately with everyone else being involved in their own stories.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 02-21-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    What? No one else was excited to hear NIN in that commercial for The Darkness II during the new episode?!?

Thought FOR SURE I'd see mention of it in here!

I disagree. It was Lori making a bad decision, which is common for her character.
    It was a bit of a regression, though. They've made her SO much more competent and rational for the show that her speeding off alone to find someplace she's never been to solely to give people news she knew they already had anyway was just a head-slappingly retarded "damsel-in-distress" set-up. It felt a LOT more like the random idiocy of the character from the comics than it did the reasonable woman from the show. I actually liked that they were writing that out of her character and downplaying her Jesus-FUCK-can-someone-kill-this-dumb-bitch-already qualities with this adaptation, so it was a big disappointment to see it all chucked back in so awkwardly all of a sudden.

:-\

Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    yeah. It pretty much goes like this - and it might be a spoiler from the comics, but it's not a big revelation I suppose -Spoiler: They either already have the "virus" or whatever it is in them, and it's not "active" until they die, or they can become infected through blood/bites/etc., and they don't turn until they die.

I only say either/or because I want to say that a character in the comics turned after dying without being bit or infected, but I can't remember a name. I really need to read through them again!

Edit - Basically, it's the fever and the injury from the bite or attack that kills them more than the "becoming a zombie" thing. If they can get that under control, then they won't turn. At least I think that's how it is in this zombie-verse.
    Went ahead and put that in spoiler tags FOR you since that's obviously EXACTLY what it is.

It's been dealt with in the comics but so far the only mention of it in the show has been a possible allusion to it with the mysterious comment whispered into Rick's ear as a cliffhanger at the end of Season One.

If you think it's a spoiler, THEN USE THE SPOILER TAGS.
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 02-21-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think its fair to start talking about the comics in here as well. Sucks that we can't compare the two without possibly spoiling shit for those not interested in reading the source material.

Which you should anyways since its better than the show.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    The point wasn't that it was a spoiler for the comics (which are great and which would also be BAD to SPOIL), but more that it was a spoiler FOR THE SHOW since they're revealing information from the comics that isn't fully-addressed or resolved within the show itself yet.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    The point wasn't that it was a spoiler for the comics (which are great and which would also be BAD to SPOIL), but more that it was a spoiler FOR THE SHOW since they're revealing information from the comics that isn't fully-addressed or resolved within the show itself yet.
    Does me saying that I hope Michone shows up soon, count as a spoiler?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    What? No one else was excited to hear NIN in that commercial for The Darkness II during the new episode?!?

Thought FOR SURE I'd see mention of it in here!
    I just assumed that had already been talked to death here already, so I didn't think I should bother mentioning it. :P

Went ahead and put that in spoiler tags FOR you since that's obviously EXACTLY what it is.

If you think it's a spoiler, THEN USE THE SPOILER TAGS.

Sorry! Thanks for the tags.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Does me saying that I hope Michone shows up soon, count as a spoiler?
    Not so much, obviously. She hasn't been introduced on the show in any way yet and it's a very vague statement as to who she is or what she does anyhow.

Whereas the spoiler to which I referred above HAS been introduced yet HAS NOT been resolved. Bringing it up without spoiler warnings is jumping ahead to a point the show hasn't concluded yet and is indeed destroying a central mystery of the second season..."What was Rick told in private at the C.D.C.?!?"

It's a BIG reveal in the comics and it's bound to be a BIG reveal on the show.

This isn't rocket science. Be respectful and use the spoiler tags.

On a related note, I picked up some Transformers and Star Wars stuff on clearance at Toys "R" Us the other day and noticed that not only do they sell the washing-machine humping robot from "Robot Chicken" (with hip-thrusting action!), but they ALSO sell a Michone action figure that comes with a power drill and a spoon, lol.

LOVE IT.

;)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Someone should just make a new thread either in Cinema or Literature where people can compare and talk about the comics and the show without spoilers.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Whereas the spoiler to which I referred above HAS been introduced yet HAS NOT been resolved. Bringing it up without spoiler warnings is jumping ahead to a point the show hasn't concluded yet and is indeed destroying a central mystery of the second season..."What was Rick told in private at the C.D.C.?!?"
    Hey smart guy - The CDC was never in the comics, so how would we assume that the zombie virus being airborne is what Jenner told Rick? Jenner doesn't even exist in the comic. If anything, this show has proven that the comic is an influence, not canon for what can and can't happen, which is evident on Shane's continued existence, Sophia being a zombie, and a major lack of Michonne and Tyreese. I think it's safe to talk about the comic here and what is different from the show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hey smart guy - The CDC was never in the comics, so how would we assume that the zombie virus being airborne is what Jenner told Rick? Jenner doesn't even exist in the comic. If anything, this show has proven that the comic is an influence, not canon for what can and can't happen, which is evident on Shane's continued existence, Sophia being a zombie, and a major lack of Michonne and Tyreese. I think it's safe to talk about the comic here and what is different from the show.
    Michonne wasn't in the comics until they are at the prison so her absence on the show is the same as the comic. Otherwise you are correct though and I'll add that Otis being dead and Andrea and Dale's relationship being different right now as two other differences between the comic and the show.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    Michonne wasn't in the comics until they are at the prison so her absence on the show is the same as the comic. Otherwise you are correct though and I'll add that Otis being dead and Andrea and Dale's relationship being different right now as two other differences between the comic and the show.
    Well, if the clip from the upcoming episode is any indication, we might be seeing the prison VERY soon.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Shane's Poll

Did Shane kill Otis? Is he truly evil like the undead brain eating walkers?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Well, if the clip from the upcoming episode is any indication, we might be seeing the prison VERY soon.
    Especially now that apparently Shane AND Andrea are on thin ice with Hershel and Maggie. This next episode is shaping up to be really intense.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 02-25-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    seriously, my only gripe on this show is how they fucked up andrea.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Much better episode than last week. Also, Lori continues to be a bitch.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The Walking Dead is the valium horror version of Mad Men.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Major season finale spoiler (if you haven't read the comics).

More description - AMC accidentally leaked a potential character death by releasing special feature info for the Season 2 Blu-Ray set. Click at your own risk.
    Last edited by ltrandazzo; 03-02-2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Because Daphne didn't give enough info on what could be spoiled.