Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I was happy with either of them to go. Also happy for Sasha and Tyreese to kick the bucket.

but mostly Glenn.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Talking Dead was more heartbreaking than the actual show

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Talking Dead was more heartbreaking than the actual show
    I know. She was so sweet crying like that. Poor girl. I can't believe she didn't know until the episode before what would happen.

Tho when they showed Maggie, I cried. That girl can fake cry.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    For real. That was...maybe the only death in the series that has made me actually well up a tear. Man. Now I need to find Talking Dead EVEN MORE -

(For those like myself that haven't seen Talking Dead yet)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/...ource=facebook

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Post-credits scene with Morgan again ftw. It's on YouTube if you missed it. He finds Abraham's message to Rick about being a dick and sayin the future needs Rick Grimes.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Now I need to find Talking Dead EVEN MORE
    Depending on what ISP you have, you can legitimately watch them here:
    http://www.amctv.com/full-episodes/talking-dead

Alternately, this is one of those shows that I feel safe downloading from public trackers like thepiratebay because I doubt anyone is going to be enforcing copyright on it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Going back to my post about Daryl possibly being gay... Kirkman just confirmed (on Talking Dead) that he is straight. However, they will be introducing a prominent gay character soon. I'm wondering if it is going to be the one from the comic who pissed off a bunch of Christians simply for his name.
    I assumed it was one of the 2 recruiters...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Depending on what ISP you have, you can legitimately watch them here:
    http://www.amctv.com/full-episodes/talking-dead
    "To watch full episodes, you must have a cable provider that supports AMC's full episode service and you must have AMC as part of your cable package."

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...t-9899670.html

Companion series

In September 2013, AMC announced they were developing a companion series to The Walking Dead, which will follow a different set of characters created by Robert Kirkman.[66] In September 2014, AMC ordered a pilot to go into production in late 2014, which was written by Kirkman and Dave Erickson. It will be executive produced by Kirkman, Erickson, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert, with Erickson to serve as showrunner.[67] On December 1, 2014, it was confirmed the untitled Walking Dead spinoff, aka Cobalt, would take place during the same zombie apocalypse depicted on The Walking Dead but in a different location. It revolves around a male divorced teacher and a female guidance counselor. Frank Dillane will play the woman's son who has a battling drug problem and Alycia Debnam-Carey will play the woman's daughter.[68] On December 4, it was announced that Cliff Curtis had been cast in the lead role.[69][70]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    After having to force myself to watch several episodes from season 2 and 3, I'm beginning to enjoy this show again. I'm really satisfied with this season so far. Really good character development and the zombies get more and more gruesome and scary. Also, some of the female characters are moving away from the damsel in distress role and started to kick a lot of ass.
    Also, Spoiler: Beth...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    http://nationalreport.net/amcs-walki...ene-back-life/

People are fucking retarded.

If I had made petitions for when favorite characters on shows I watched died or left, It'd be a mile long. It's part of the story. Grow up. I will seriously lose respect for the writing staff if they cripple their story ideas to appease "fans" who want to cry over bullshit.

I know the website is a hoax but if they even entertain the very idea of it...
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-14-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    That petition sums of the incoherent entitlement that seems to be growing in our culture. Like... WTF.

Kirkman loves this shit though. The anger means he is doing it right.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It's one thing to bring back someone who had an ambiguous death, like being left behind for a horde of walkers, or shot in the stomach or something, but when you see a character's head explode and their lifeless body being carted out, I think the verdict is pretty damn clear. There's not a single way they could bring someone back from that and it not be flashbacks without feeling cheap and and hoaky and lessening the impact of any subsequent character death, because we'd always be waiting for them to just come back.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Just wait and see how insane people will go if/when Daryl dies somewhere down the line.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It's one thing to bring back someone who had an ambiguous death, like being left behind for a horde of walkers, or shot in the stomach or something, but when you see a character's head explode and their lifeless body being carted out, I think the verdict is pretty damn clear. There's not a single way they could bring someone back from that and it not be flashbacks without feeling cheap and and hoaky and lessening the impact of any subsequent character death, because we'd always be waiting for them to just come back.
    They could always pull a Laurie. Ghost of Beth haunting Daryl or something.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Just wait and see how insane people will go if/when Daryl dies somewhere down the line.
    I hope Kirkman has the balls to compound it by giving him a death beats the bar set by comic book Glenn's death.
    It would be so sadistic but can you imagine how bad people would react?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    They could always pull a Laurie. Ghost of Beth haunting Daryl or something.
    I can't think of a less interesting episode

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Dead or not, I'd TOTALLY still hit it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I hope Kirkman has the balls to compound it by giving him a death beats the bar set by comic book Glenn's death.
    It would be so sadistic but can you imagine how bad people would react?
    As someone who plans to read the comics once the series is finished, can we please avoid spoilers for the comics for fucks sake?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by valiantsteed View Post
    As someone who plans to read the comics once the series is finished, can we please avoid spoilers for the comics for fucks sake?
    I'd really recommend just going ahead and reading them now. They've said the show will go on as long as there's an audience still watching, and the comic series has absolutely no end in sight, so you'd be waiting for years before getting to check them out, and they're a legitimate favorite series of mine. While it might make you not enjoy a lot of the show, it also makes you appreciate a lot more, and see where certain story lines were improved or altered, or how they took a concept and turned it into something else. I've still been surprised by the show quite a bit, and much of the show is different enough that you won't be ruining the majority of it, just knowing what to look forward to.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Has anyone seen the "Beth/Shots" meme? I'd post it but I'm not sure if I should. I found it hilarious.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I saw that coming.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I saw that coming.
    That character died a while back by that point in the comics so it really wasn't a shock for anyone. Would've been far more impacting if this show could kill someone off quickly and move on instead of taking an entire episode. Death still feels far too big of a deal in this world; I want main characters to die suddenly and the rest have to move on, not 45 minutes of stalling and trying to milk every last ounce of emotion from me.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah they really didn't need to waste time with all of that spiritual nonsense, get on with the show ffs... there's only so many episodes. One less episode spent dicking around and we might actually get somewhere.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I enjoyed seeing The Governor again.

...but more Beth singing ffs!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I enjoyed seeing The Governor again.

...but more Beth singing ffs!
    I love Beth so much, WHY IS SHE KILL?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Not a bad episode last night. I found myself losing interest near the end though. You'd think after several incidents of traveling to a community that was supposedly 'safe' and finding out otherwise they'd either learn to be less hopeful and come to terms with the fact that they were on their own, or avoid the next community of supposedly decent people all together.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    The drawn out hallucinations/spiritual shit was... attention draining. However, I was hoping they would do some sort of amputation attempt. He was too much of a badass to go out in that room without more of a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    That character died a while back by that point in the comics so it really wasn't a shock for anyone.
    um... there are quite a few instances of characters living way beyond the comics. In fact, most TV characters do not match their comic versions in terms of mortality.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Oh and, the truck scene reminded me of this:

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @DigitalChaos I'm aware of that but my point is, for myself at least, when a character is living past their comic counterpart but is not a radically changed character, I really am not surprised. If anything I simply see it as bonus screen time. In the case of Andrea that was like a whole other character. In this case it was pretty much identical to the original.