Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Is it me or did they show too much?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    There's one quick flash scene in particular that made me go 'w-wait...isn't that?....' but who knows lol.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    There's one quick flash scene in particular that made me go 'w-wait...isn't that?....' but who knows lol.
    Who?

Did you mean Beth at the end? Bear in mind I haven't read the comics.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It was more of a 'what' than a 'who'...if you haven't read the comics, then it'd be a massive spoiler...if you have, it could have been the big event from Spoiler: issue #100

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Always found it odd that it's considered a family show hence the no swearing policy yet the OTT violence remains. For example, if they kept this ending to last season below i'd be happier..

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Somebody in this thread...I can't remember who and I'm too lazy to trawl through the thread to find out...made a comment that the comics were WAY better than the show, to the point of the show being almost comedic in comparison.

I had long been trying to kick myself in the ass to read the comics and decided after reading that person's post that I was going to check them out. I ordered all 20 current volumes of the collected comics about 10 days ago.
    that would be me! glad you did it.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    So, anyone read the last comic? The letter hacks section had some interesting commentary about Daryl possibly being gay. It was actually pretty interesting and I could really see it unfolding.

I'll get a copy of it posted if anyone is interested.

edit: here it is.
    if ETS shrinks this to unreadable size for you, try going here http://imgur.com/U0tWjNi or here http://i.imgur.com/U0tWjNi.png
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 08-28-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    well, it's official. They're going to butcher Negan just like they did The Governor. Cani't wait to see a PG-13 Negan....ugh. This fucking show...part of me wishes I didn't love the comic so much, so I wouldn't feel compelled to keep watching a show that pisses me off so much year after year.

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...t-on-season-5/

Q: What one element from the show do you wish was in the comic?
    A: It’s more like things in the comic that I can’t wait to get to. I cannot wait until we introduce Negan. He is just like the coolest f—ing character on the planet. You thought the Governor was bad news?
    Q: Negan’s worse?
    A: [Laughs] Man, wait until you meet Negan! He’s one of the greatest villains ever created. It’s so exciting.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    So, anyone read the last comic? The letter hacks section had some interesting commentary about Daryl possibly being gay. It was actually pretty interesting and I could really see it unfolding.
    Thanks, that IS really interesting! I only get the TPBs of the comic so I miss out on all the letter page juiciness. And I haven't caught up in a while so there was a bit of a spoiler about Jesus in there but w/e.

My only real disappointment there is that I missed a couple of the first few episodes from last season and I TOTALLY thought from the commercials that Daryl and Beth fucked like rabbits in a field of tall grass or an abandoned apartment or something.

I was realllllly looking forward to that.

</3

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just watching season 4 over here and wow episode 14, did not see that coming at all Spoiler: where the little girl kills her sister

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Reception

Brian Lowry of Variety gave the fifth season premiere a positive review, saying "After the (rather too) long and winding road to Terminus, “The Walking Dead” opens its fifth season in spectacular fashion, a dazzling adrenaline rush filled with suspense, righteous violence and, before it’s all over, genuine emotion. Imbued with cinematic touches, the only downside to this breathtaking episode is pondering what the creative brain trust can do for an encore. Still, AMC’s megahit finds itself in a very good place, from the current makeup of its ever-evolving cast to the latitude it has earned to take unexpected detours. Given the hype surrounding the series, it’s still impressive to see the producers deliver such a feast."[16]

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Season 5 premiere tonight, alas cannot watch it since I've only watched season one (LUL).

Fan created intro is good though:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    First four minutes of the episode are on AMC's site.

Edit: and yesterday's
    Last edited by jessamineny; 10-12-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Great beginning to the season! I love how badass the women are in this show.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Spoiler: morgan fucking Spoiler: jones!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tyreese ftw.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Tyreese ftw.
    "I won't do it!" as he's totally doing it

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    "I won't do it!" as he's totally doing it
    That reminded me of the scene when the Governor killed Martinez and was all "I DON'T WANT IT!"

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    As usual I have a dozen and a half issues with the actual episode, but then they tease just enough that I recognize from the comics that makes me say "Oh, that's got to make it so much better!" and now I'm roped in to the next episode. I really should've learned by now but oh well.

The amount of convenient things that just so happened to all work out at the same time and help everyone really went beyond believability for me, but whatever, nothing new there.

Apparently Tyreese and Carol don't know how to tie a person up.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Haha! But Carol can make a massive explosion happen with just one shot and a bottle rocket.

I cannot handle Judith being under threat. It's gut wrenching to the point I almost can't watch.
    Last edited by sweeterthan; 10-13-2014 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I was wondering wtf was with the crazy dude they let out...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Carol is so badass!!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Crazy rape dude is very Negan but I really hope they weren't actually trying to do Negan. Negan was opposed to raping anyway.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I usually hate on this show but this episode was pretty great. If they could somehow keep the momentum going for the rest of the season. I guess that for at least a few episodes we will get some terminus flashbacks... might as well since this might break up the boring parts of people staring at things and searching houses with flashlights.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Great episode! For me it felt more like a finale than a start as a lot of things came together and everything was so intense. Hope they can keep up the tense atmosphere during the whole season.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Crazy rape dude is very Negan but I really hope they weren't actually trying to do Negan. Negan was opposed to raping anyway.
    Yeah I don't think so, they wouldn't introduce him like that. The actor would have been perfect indeed, but the character is completely off, unless they're revamping Negan big time it has nothing to do with him.

Spoiler: Some people believe we may have had a last glimpse of Andrea's eventual demise in the premiere. Don't really know how I feel about that, but the clothes are similar, the undead had shackles, and it's not like they have crossed the entire continent, from what I gather they're mostly spiralling around, so I guess it's not impossible... If so, hell, that's a sad nod...
    Last edited by Khrz; 10-14-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Love me some Bob leg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Love me some Bob leg!
    Too soon......ugh

With Bob being so "happy in love" I new his number was up.
    Last edited by Jan; 10-20-2014 at 08:32 AM. Reason: too early