Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Bear McCready's blog about his TWD process is very interesting. I am betting there are a bunch of you who will love this stuff:
    http://www.bearmccreary.com/#categor...-walking-dead/

This one reminded me a bit of Reznor's recent film work:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Episode wasn't bad but wasn't great, Andrea continues to become more and more terrible. She's the only character left that I'm looking forward to being killed off, and that's exactly why she never will be.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Dont forget Carl. He will never not be a pain in the ass, no matter how much they're trying to portray him as a badass.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Surprisingly, Carl isn't really bugging me this season.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Episode wasn't bad but wasn't great, Andrea continues to become more and more terrible. She's the only character left that I'm looking forward to being killed off, and that's exactly why she never will be.
    I personally dislike Glenn and his character.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    The second half of "Home" was great.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    That was an incredible episode. The last 10 minutes was seriously intense to the point where I actually feared for their lives.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    That was an incredible episode. The last 10 minutes was seriously intense to the point where I actually feared for their lives.
    My jaw literally FLEW open when Spoiler: Axel got shot. COMPLETELY out of nowhere, and it was just when I was starting to think he might be a nice guy and not a creep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes alrea... Spoiler: one minute hes joking, the next his blood is all over whats her face... i thought Spoiler: that shoot out was friggin epic... so suspenseful. cant wait for next weeks show!

the governor is insane. i love it. and that eye patch adds so much to his creepiness.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey_mcpot View Post
    yes alrea... Spoiler: one minute hes joking, the next his blood is all over whats her face... i thought Spoiler: that shoot out was friggin epic... so suspenseful. cant wait for next weeks show!

the governor is insane. i love it. and that eye patch adds so much to his creepiness.
    Agreed! Fuck yeah. But also, lol:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wasn't it the dude on the tower who got the headshot? It'd make sense considering every single one of his shots was on target and Carol had to use Axel as a sandbag.
    Last edited by JamesCmuse; 02-20-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCmuse View Post
    Wasn't it the dude on the tower who got the headshot? It'd make sense considering every single one of his shots was on target and Carol had to use Axel as a sandbag.
    Oh, Christ. It's like everyone was AIMING at his corpse. He took like, 12 bullets! And I'm assuming it was The Governor that had the headshot, because it was immediately followed by a shot of him aiming the gun, wasn't it? I forget. The guy in the tower would make more sense, but I think the camera work suggested it was The Governator.

Are we using spoilers in here for things that just happened in the show? I don't even know anymore. I don't care either way, there's a warning in the thread title. That's good enough.

Also - Wtf at Maggie flipping out over Glenn thinking she was raped. "You thought he raped me and want revenge? WHAT A DOUCHE."
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 02-20-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Yeah I was confused about what she was so pissed about too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I hate Glenn so I'm glad she told him to gtfo,

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I kept yelling at Maggie in the last ep during the shootout, it's like you have a scope on your weapon for a reason.... I'm pretty sure you know how to use it by now so how about you actually USE IT.... you may find it easier to shoot people in guard towers. Jesus fucking derp.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Man, it seems the entire internet has been bitching about the shootout scened. Posting pictures of The Governor "using his wrong eye" or how he missed every shot but the first one. I know the old "someone is wrong on the internet" saying but this was EVERYONE being wrong on the internet... I still don't know why I spent time making this image:

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

I also believe that the internet no longer cares for dramatics. Stupid shit happens so you can get emotionally involved with the scene, rather than just sit there and nitpick every single fucking thing that is wrong.

Doing shit like that really just takes you away from the big picture.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Yup! I honestly didnt think about any of this stuff when that scene played out. I was just thinking "holy shit, awesome fight scene!"
    There are certainly some instances where poor attention to detail can be too distracting and break the suspension of disbelief. There have been some scenes where the lack of recoil was way obvious, like here:

But when your nitpicking is completely wrong... well then you are clearly just sperging and have issues with basic entertainment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I saw no problem with the scene until people starting posting about it here! Can't wait for the next ep.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post

Also - Wtf at Maggie flipping out over Glenn thinking she was raped. "You thought he raped me and want revenge? WHAT A DOUCHE."
    Because as Michonne was apt to point out, people have a savior complex on this show. I think Glen feels a bit emasculated because he didn't rescue Maggie. He has no clue to the extent of degradation Maggie went through to save his ass.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That's part of my problem with this show. The characters are just not honest with each other. How long was it before Michonne even mentioned she knew Andrea? Or at least they assume too much of each other while claiming they are like family. I still really like this show but it's hard to find likable characters. I guess that's why the more action packed episodes are more popular. The drama stuff just isn't working for me anymore.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Because as Michonne was apt to point out, people have a savior complex on this show. I think Glen feels a bit emasculated because he didn't rescue Maggie. He has no clue to the extent of degradation Maggie went through to save his ass.
    Yeah, I can see that, I s'pose. It's not like he was in any WRONG, though. If anything, he thought something WORSE had happened to her. She might have saved his ass, sure, and maybe he doesn't full appreciate it, but that doesn't mean that she can hold a grudge against him forever, especially now that he's so willing to take The Governor out to get revenge for what he did to him and Maggie.

She's just butthurt. That's what I'm going with.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    No, Maggie's pissed at Glen because he's acting like Rick--all emotion and no logic--and it falls back squarely on avenging her honor, which is so chauvinistic. Maggie was just sexually assaulted by the Governor. Do you really think she wants to go back to Woodbury?

But whatever, she's just being a bitch.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I'm having flashbacks to syndicated episodes of Xena and Star Trek TNG.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    GOD DAMN. Shit just got kicked up to 11.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That was one of the best episodes in a while I'd say. The best ones usually just focus on a few characters like the pilot. Too bad there have only been a few like that.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I agree.

The story telling was there. I read an interview on superherohype that they will be bringing back more story for season 4. I hope it doesnt turn out like true blood where there are like a million different story lines going on at once and try to fit it in within an hour. I hope they keep this type of story telling as the show progresses.

This episode also finally made me feel like it was an hour long comic issue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

I'm reading the comics now... I'm at #23. I don't get all the buzz around it. It's really without feeling compared to the show. I'm a comic book addict and for me The Walking Dead comics don't do much for me. I don't know... I like the story in the series more. The second problem is that most of the time I can't figure out which character is which because everyone looks the same. Meh. And what's wrong with all the characters - I hate Hershel, such a pain in the ass. Rick is a jerk. Don't want to even talk about Lori and all the other girls. The only one that seems likeable is Tyreese. And Micchone is SO MUCH better in the show.

And the sex scenes doesn't really fit in there. It's groose. They didn't take a shower for at least some months and they do blowjobs and fuck each other. big yukkk

And all the love drama. Like reading a comic adaptation of Dynasty.

Will give it a second chance. Hope it gets better.
    -------

Update: I'm at #45 and it is a LOT better now. Glad I kept reading through all the dragging issues in the beginning.
    Last edited by dzaver; 03-10-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this song has been stuck in my head for a week... it closed out episode 12 when theyre driving home, and thanks to the last episode of talking dead, i now know who performs it!

so haunting, i love it.