Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Horace and Pete

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Horace and Pete

Talk about the program Horace and Pete in this thread.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I like it. Me and my girl have been watching it. It feels kinda like a play.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've only seen 3 episodes, and each one made me feel pretty uncomfortable, but I keep wanting to see more!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    This series ended and it was devastating. The best "TV" of the season.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    a gentle reminder that this is the best thing you can watch on a screen that was made so far in 2016

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emptydesk View Post
    This series ended and it was devastating. The best "TV" of the season.
    Wow, that was a brutal finale.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    where can i watch this?

why can't they just put every single thing on netflix? fucking tired of having to chase everything down in a million different places.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    where can i watch this?

why can't they just put every single thing on netflix? fucking tired of having to chase everything down in a million different places.
    a million different places? it's on Louis CK's own site. you pay per episode.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Short answer: Netflix and other "all you can stream" services are just not profitable enough for indie ventures that haven't recouped their expenses. Louis CK has said he will eventually put it on more services when he gets his money back (this was an entirely self-funded project).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Pretty much streaming services are not the way as much as we want them to be. Netflix, Spotify, etc. There's way too many artists/content with people paying far too little for access to cover paying everyone. It's the prolonged death rattle of an industry trying dearly to hang on. The men upstairs in charge, movie companies, label owners... they all must see their chunk of the profits before even any of the content makers and creators see something.
    Last edited by neorev; 04-24-2016 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I really had no interest in watching this at all, but after hearing Louie on Maron's 700th episode talk about making it, I have to see it! If you have seen it, or are a fan of either guys, it's a REALLY good interview about the show and how it all came to be. And to hear Louie be himself for an hour and a half.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Pretty much streaming services are not the way as much as we want them to be. Netflix, Spotify, etc. There's way too many artists/content with people paying far too little for access to cover paying everyone. It's the prolonged death rattle of an industry trying dearly to hang on. The men upstairs in charge, movie companies, label owners... they all must see their chunk of the profits before even any of the content makers and creators see something.
    Well, personally, the price isn't an issue I care about at all. I just don't like having to track down all these shows and movies all over the place and sign up with four or five different services in order to get it all. I'd happily pay a way higher subscription fee if it meant that I could have everything consolidated into one place.

Not that it's the responsibility of the show makers to give me what I want, of course.